• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Passed my Full Cave Course!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tstormwarning

tstormwarning

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Instructor (AOWSI)
  • Logged Dives:1200

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

After working for 2 yrs after my Intro to Cave & this being my 3rd attempt, I finally finished up my Full Cave Diver course! :cloud9: It was 4 very intense days of training. In those 4 days the 3 of us in the class (myself & 2 guys) logged almost 1100 min. of bottom time (yes, that's over 4hrs a day underwater :blink: ). Lots of swimming,..... lots & lots of swimming. We would start the day before the sun came up & would finish the day well after sunset, then back to our cabin we were staying in, to collapse from exhaution :sleep: . What a relief. I spent the time in between the times I tried to finish the course, I went to the local quarry & practiced & worked on my buoyancy, propulsion techniques & reel handling skills, until they became smooth & second nature to do. Yes, it was certainly frustrating :banghead: , at times, to have to wait so long to finish up, but I do not regret it one bit. It gave me the time I needed to develop & mature as a diver to be able to do the multitasking & have the awareness required to safely cave dive. My instructor made the course as hard as could be safely done & we worked drill after drill, until it became second nature to react quickly & calmly to the situations presented. Hopefully next month I can go back down to cave country to do some diving & start gaining some experience & start honing my skills to a razor's edge.
Tammy Storm SSI OWSI #46723 SDI & TDI Instructor #15093

#2 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

Congratulations!!! :cheerleader: Wow, that does sound extremely intense. Good for you for keeping the faith, and learning all the skills properly. Even if it meant repeating them several times. Well done. :clapping:

#3 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:36 AM

Congrads! I've wondered what skills are needed for cave diving, though I'm sure what you practiced was MUCH more than you mentioned. :respect: When you were honing your skills, did you have a specific buddy you worked with in the quarry? Kudos for keeping with it until you passed! :clapping: Stay safe in those caves.

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

Another world to explore! Congrats, and have some safe fun with your new cert card.
Posted Image

#5 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

Congratulations! Sounds like rigorous training. (and rightly so!) Be safe and have fun! :cool2:

#6 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

Congrats Tammy!!! Posted Image
Known puker

#7 tstormwarning

tstormwarning

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

Congrads! I've wondered what skills are needed for cave diving, though I'm sure what you practiced was MUCH more than you mentioned. :respect: When you were honing your skills, did you have a specific buddy you worked with in the quarry? Kudos for keeping with it until you passed! :clapping: Stay safe in those caves.

Most of the time I would have a buddy, who is cavern trained & also practiced his skills, if he was not there, I did occasionally go practice on my own in the shallow parts of the quarry. I certainly wouldn't want to bore to death, another buddy, who had no clue about what I was doing.

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Congratulations! That must be a good feeling after all your hard work. Now what caves are you going to explore first?

#9 tstormwarning

tstormwarning

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Congratulations! That must be a good feeling after all your hard work. Now what caves are you going to explore first?

I'll probably stick with the ones I'm most familiar with for a while- Peacock, Little River, Ginnie, Madison Blue & Jackson Blue, until I gain a bit more experience. After that, then I'll probably look at some other systems.

#10 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

:wakawaka: Congratulations on your accomplishment!!! There is something to said for perserverance! WOW! Have fun and be careful with your new certification!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users