• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tobago video trip report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Well here's my video dive report of Tobago. Be advised the vid is hosted on Vimeo and it's a epic 29 min long.
My trip began on Thanksgiving Day BOS-MIA-POS-Tobago all connections uneventful.Surprisinly POS or Port of Spain, Trinada has a very modern airport where I transfered onto a twin prop that had a limit of 1 checked @ 50lb, 1 carryon @ 14lb, and 1 personel item. I was a least 15lbs overweight on the carryon but being a international passanger Carribean Airlines waived the over fee.

Crown Point was my 1st area to visit. I stayed at a guesthouse about 10 min. walk to dive op, 8-10 food-drink and bodegas in general area. A very lively hamlet which I felt safe and comfortable in.
Extra Divers Tobago was the dive-op. They used a small open boat that we beached onshore for loading and did back rolls out of. 2 Days 4 dives all very fast drift dives with some large nurse sharks under ledges and overhangs. I have yet to post any video of Crown Point area.

Saturday I transit up to Speyside, a small fishing village in the northeast of Tobago. A long 90 min ride over hillsides and coastal narrow roads. Speyside was very quite with about 3 dive resorts, 3 non resorts resturants and bars down the street and not much else. I met a group from Denver there and we dived the week with Tobago Dive Experince. We used a pickup truck from resort to the fishing village pier where we loaded up a 20' boat that we again back rolled off of but they had a door cut into the gunnel where we did a SeaWorld deck entry, very odd and awkward but some of us got the hang of it easily. All dives drift dive about 50 min and 100' but dive op let you do your own thing for depth. Offshore of Speyside small island some of which only break surface at low tide so those dives were kinda like pinnicle diving. I enjoyed the different underwater terrain of this area and will return. A real adventurous trip!!

http://www.vimeo.com/17989539

Edited by scubaski, 19 December 2010 - 08:24 PM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users