• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2011 March Atocha GOLD FIND!!! Worth over $250k

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Atocha Gold Found!! Worth over $250,000

Congratulations to all of our investors! (Both Dan aka Scubatooth and myself are investors!) :wakawaka:

Posted Image

A magnificent 4-foot-long gold chain was just found on the Atocha site. The 55 gold links are each about 3/4 of an inch long. Attached to the main chain is a gold cross, a gold medallion and a black bead. The cross and medallion have traces of black enamel on them. The cross is about 2 inches long, 1 and 1/2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick, with a Latin inscription around the edges. The medallion contains an image of the Virgin Mary on one side and a chalice on the other side.

Posted Image

The chain was found near the part of the Atocha debris trail where we just found 26 silver coins. We believe this gold chain was a personal possession of one of the wealthy passengers or Catholic Clergy who would have been bunking in the stern-castle section of the ship.

Posted Image

The Magruder is still on the site today, excavating holes near where the gold chain was found. As we are writing this email the crew is reporting that they have found more coins today!

The good weather conditions are expected to continue for the next few days and six excited investors will be visiting the Atocha site tomorrow.

Posted Image

Good luck guys!

p.s. There are still some spots left to dive for YOUR OWN GOLD on the Atocha this summer! Come and join us for the FUN, the THRILL and the ROMANCE here!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yippee.... I dont think im going to have enough points in my division for that.

Then also in the past week Capt Andy (Matroci) of the J.B. Magruder (also one divers that was the first to see the motherloade back in 1985) and crew have found 20+ silver coins and a intact pottery jar. This a rare piece in that most of the pottery found is in smaller pieces and shards. This intact jar means that larger part of the ship settled here along with other objects. So its looking like could be a interesting treasure hunting season and potentially just the beginning of more and larger finds to come????? Is the sterncastle just another hole away???? we will see :D

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

bpro posted the following great link in the group Atocha threads! :thankyou:

The ocean floor off the Florida Keys never seems to stop giving. Diver Bill Burt with Mel Fisher’s Treasures was looking for a section of the sunken Spanish galleon, Nuestra Senora de Atocha, this week. Instead, he came across a 40- inch gold chain shimmering on the sandy ocean floor about 30 miles from Key West. The chain, which is believed to have come from the Atocha, contains a gold medallion and a gold cross. The cross appears to be, according to the salvors, inscribed with Latin letters. It is estimated to be worth $250,000.

Click HERE for full details.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users