• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

After SD's Lembeh Mar 2013 Trip...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Kamala has set a date for a trip to the Maldives, aboard World Wide Dive & Sail’s [WWDS] Maldives Siren, for Feb. 20 –March 2, 2013. In the same thread, I stated my interest in booking additional diving opportunities centered on this trip. I have contacted WWDS providing a preliminary itinerary, and have secured a 10% discount for additional trips aboard their yachts, before and after Maldives.

The itinerary is as follows:
January 31 – February 10 - Philippine Siren [Batangas to Coron]
February 11- 18 – land based diving Philippines [to be determined]
February 20 – March 2 – Maldives - SingleDivers.com
March 4 – 13 – land based diving – Lembeh – Bunaken - ???, Indonesia
March 15 – 25 – Mandarin Siren – Raja Ampat w/ Charlotte Caffrey

This is quite an ambitious and expensive itinerary. I would have preferred to book a Philippine Siren – Tubbatha reef trip, but these trips are ‘full charters’ as soon as they are scheduled by WWDS. Maybe Kamala will look into booking a Tubbatha trip in 2015, 16, or ???

I would welcome anyone’s suggestions concerning the land based legs of this sojourn. I, also, would welcome anyone who would want to join me on all or any part of this trip. Please be advised, WWDS is a first class operation, their boats are booked far in advance, requiring an early commitment.

I haven’t asked for Kamala’s help with this booking, because of its complexity and the probability of only a few people may want to participate.

UPDATE AS OF 4-11-12:

1. These add-on's are official approved by SingleDivers.com and I have been working with Bill aka ScubaTex to put them together. Therefore although I can't join you all...I certainly can move this to our official trips forum so its not lost and we can manage it more easily. :cool1:

2. I now have 2 spots on hold for Indo Siren (the last 2 on the boat that were not part of a group booking) for Mar 15-25, 2013. We also have an inquiry into the group to see if they wish to give up any spots if we need them.

3. Siren will give us a 10% back to back credit off the Indo trip if you book BOTH the Siren Maldives and the Siren Indo Trip. As Bill stated the price is contingent upon locking in a contract which happens after I agree to pay for the spots. I have not paid for any spots but I do have 2 spots on hold for these dates.

PLEASE let me know besides Bill who wants one of these spots AND if I should push to get more? :thankyou:

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#2 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Wow, I'm going to watch this thread. Everything would depend on $ of course, and timing of when said $ need to start rolling out of my wallet. I'd be interested in this though.....

edit....not the WHOLE itinerary mind you, but the Maldives part and maybe the week before or after.

Tina

Edited by libra89, 25 May 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Awesome Bill!

Of course we would book you on any Siren itinerary either before or after with the repeat diver discount of 10%.

SD.com will also be looking at option to either join Bill before or after OR will add some sightseeing in India or other nearby options. Do watch this thread as it will evolve and develop!

Of course your input is GREATLY appreciated! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Let my 'options' for Siren-s lapse, but still considering multiple land based options, including; Lembeh, Sipadan/Mabul, Philippines and still interested in a Raja Ampat liveaboard.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#5 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Just wanted to resurrect this thread. I've narrowed the possible add-ons, to the Maldives-Lembeh trip.

1) March 15-25 aboard the Indo Siren to Raja Ampat. If you're doing the Maldives portion, WWD&S will give a 10% discount resulting in a cost of approximately, $3,200 [dependent on $ to Euro exchange rate]. Additional cost of airfare from Manado to Sorong, plus a possible one night layover is not included.

2) March 16-24 aboard the Celebes Explorer to Sipidan. The current cost for an 8day/7nt through 3/2/2013 is $2,056. Additional cost of transportion from Manado to Tawau, Malaysia, and possible one layover is not included.

Airline transportation is best left to a travel agent specializing in this area. Meeting times for transport to the boat is very specific, so a one night layover may be necessary.

If you're interested in extending your trip, and marking off another destination off your 'bucket list', please reply in this forum or PM me.

Bill

#6 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Just wanted to resurrect this thread. I've narrowed the possible add-ons, to the Maldives-Lembeh trip.

1) March 15-25 aboard the Indo Siren to Raja Ampat. If you're doing the Maldives portion, WWD&S will give a 10% discount resulting in a cost of approximately, $3,200 [dependent on $ to Euro exchange rate]. Additional cost of airfare from Manado to Sorong, plus a possible one night layover is not included.

2) March 16-24 aboard the Celebes Explorer to Sipidan. The current cost for an 8day/7nt through 3/2/2013 is $2,056. Additional cost of transportion from Manado to Tawau, Malaysia, and possible one layover is not included.

Airline transportation is best left to a travel agent specializing in this area. Meeting times for transport to the boat is very specific, so a one night layover may be necessary.

If you're interested in extending your trip, and marking off another destination off your 'bucket list', please reply in this forum or PM me.

Bill

I am definitely interested in the Raja Ampat part on a live a board! Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#7 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Bill

I am definitely interested in the Raja Ampat part on a live a board! Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Raj Ampat is DEFINITELY on the SD Bucket List....I would have considered it for this year but a number of folks are heading that way this fall so too close to home so to speak.

I feel comfortable doing 2 large back to back trips but have not gotten up the nerve to do 3 official trips. So if you don't add Raj Ampat onto this itinerary then it will be an official SD trip within the next 24 months.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

UPDATE:

1. These add-on's are official approved by SingleDivers.com and I have been working with Bill aka ScubaTex to put them together. Therefore although I can't join you all...I certainly can move this to our official trips forum so its not lost and we can manage it more easily. :cool1:

2. I now have 2 spots on hold for Indo Siren (the last 2 on the boat that were not part of a group booking) for Mar 15-25, 2013. We also have an inquiry into the group to see if they wish to give up any spots if we need them.

3. Siren will give us a 10% back to back credit off the Indo trip if you book BOTH the Siren Maldives and the Siren Indo Trip. As Bill stated the price is contingent upon locking in a contract which happens after I agree to pay for the spots. I have not paid for any spots but I do have 2 spots on hold for these dates.

PLEASE let me know besides Bill who wants one of these spots AND if I should push to get more? :thankyou:

formerly...

#10 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I haven't been able to get this trip off my mind for a while! I've been researching and trying to figure out which add-on to do and how long I can be gone.

So far, I'm very interested in going to Sipidan and have read very good things about the Celebes. It is basic, but a good boat/operation. The Damai, it is not... :lmao:

Sipidan is on my bucket list, but after reading the following trip report on SB, I am now leaning toward RA on the Indo Siren. I liked what I read about Lembeh Eco Divers, too. Looking forward to seeing some updates about Maldives ETC ! :dance:

Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#11 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

I contacted WWD&S on 5/14, concerning which accomodations were available on the Indo Siren for the 3/15-25 Raja Ampat cruise. The reply was:

Thank you for your message.
You are booked in the twin bed cabin number 7 on the Indo Siren trip of 15 - 25 Mar 2013. Single Divers has an option for the other bed in this cabin. Please note that the trip is filling up. Therefor we hope to hear soon if the blocked space can be confirmed or released.

At the moment there is one more place available for a single male guest in twin bed cabin 8.

Best regards,

My daughter, TxAggieDiver, aka Spawn, has indicated interst in making this trip, but since she's just begun a new job on Maui [she has all the luck in the family], it's difficult for her to make the commitment to go. Myself, I will make this trip. I can't wait to get back, to once again experience the diversity of Raja Ampat. Trust me, your last day there will be spent dreaming of a way to stay, or resolving to return as soon as possible.

Bill

#12 MetriRN

MetriRN

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Board Status:Registered Nurse. Working like a dog to save money for another dive trip
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:340+

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

If folks want to dive Lembeh afterwards, I can highly recommend the Kasawari Resort. The lodge is fantastic, the food is great, the diving spectacular with great dive guides. Just be advised this is muck diving--at its best. Wonderpuss, blue-ringed octos, rhinopia, nudis, froggies, etc.

Kamala has set a date for a trip to the Maldives, aboard World Wide Dive & Sail’s [WWDS] Maldives Siren, for Feb. 20 –March 2, 2013. In the same thread, I stated my interest in booking additional diving opportunities centered on this trip. I have contacted WWDS providing a preliminary itinerary, and have secured a 10% discount for additional trips aboard their yachts, before and after Maldives.

The itinerary is as follows:
January 31 – February 10 - Philippine Siren [Batangas to Coron]
February 11- 18 – land based diving Philippines [to be determined]
February 20 – March 2 – Maldives - SingleDivers.com
March 4 – 13 – land based diving – Lembeh – Bunaken - ???, Indonesia
March 15 – 25 – Mandarin Siren – Raja Ampat w/ Charlotte Caffrey

This is quite an ambitious and expensive itinerary. I would have preferred to book a Philippine Siren – Tubbatha reef trip, but these trips are ‘full charters’ as soon as they are scheduled by WWDS. Maybe Kamala will look into booking a Tubbatha trip in 2015, 16, or ???

I would welcome anyone’s suggestions concerning the land based legs of this sojourn. I, also, would welcome anyone who would want to join me on all or any part of this trip. Please be advised, WWDS is a first class operation, their boats are booked far in advance, requiring an early commitment.

I haven’t asked for Kamala’s help with this booking, because of its complexity and the probability of only a few people may want to participate.

UPDATE AS OF 4-11-12:

Carry On!

#13 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

If you can't do Lembeh then let SD book you to join my daughter, Erica [aka TxAggieDiver, aka spawn] and I for 12 glorious days of diving Raja Ampat aboard SMY Ondina. If you would like to witness walking sharks, wobbegongs, giant clams [literally 3’ tall], bearded ‘electric’ clams, pipe fish, pygmy seahorses, scores of different nudis, mantas, black tip sharks, a rich vibrant reef which will leave you dazed, and amused.

The details:
Standard twin/double cabin: US$ 3,252 pp
Depart:15 March 2013 from Sorong
Return: 26 March 2013 to Sorong
Duration: 11 nights
Itinerary: Misool, Babi, Wai, Mansuar, Jef Fam, Minyathuri, Batang and Rawe
No. of dives: 33

As stunningly beautiful above water as it is below, Raja Ampat (which literally translates as “The Four Kings”) has a startling diversity of habitats to explore. Each of these – from the stark wave-pounded slopes that drop away beneath the karst cliffs of Wayag and Uranie to the deep, nutrient-rich bays of Mayalibit, Kabui and Aljui to the “blue water mangrove” channels of Kofiau and Gam to the plankton-rich upwelling areas of Misool and the Dampier Strait – are home to unique assemblages of species that, when taken together, add to produce the most impressive species lists ever compiled for a coral reef system of this size.

Biodiversity Features in Raja Ampat
and the greater Bird’s Head Seascape (Dec 2010)
1,606 species of reef fish in the Bird’s Head Seascape
1,397 species of reef fish in Raja Ampat
35 species of endemic reef fish found only in the Birds Head Seascape
603 species of hard coral recorded in the Bird’s Head Seascape
75% of all known coral species in the world
10 times the number of hard coral species found in the entire Caribbean
57 species of Mantis Shrimp in the Birds Head Seascape
13 species of Marine Mammals in the Bird’s Head Seascape
5 species of endangered sea turtles in the Bird’s Head Seascape

"Raja Ampat is a virtual species factory"[M. Erdmann, 2007]

Dive areas: http://diverajaampat...dive_areas.html

Read an article from a recent trip to Raja Ampat aboard a different liveaboard, from the August 2012 issue of Scuba Diving.

If you’re interested in making this trip, I can assist you with the necessary booking and flight arrangements.

#14 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Daram - 'Candy Store'

#15 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Check out the bearded 'electric' clam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users