• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

After SD's Lembeh Mar 2013 Trip...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Why Raja Ampat???

Simply marine diversity - healthy reefs, 1,427 species of reef fish [and still counting] over ¾ of the world’s species of hard corals, and over ½ of the world’s species of soft corals. - “If you began diving at the southern end of Aiduma Island just out side of Triton Bay, continued through the Raja Ampat islands, turned east through the Dampier Strait, cruised past West Papua’s wild north coast, then dived your way deep into Cenderawasih Bay, you would have seen ten times more species of coral than exist in the Caribbean, watched a 200 kilogram leatherback turtle find her special spot on the Pacific’s most utilized nesting beach, shouted “wow” through your regulator as a squadron of manta rays swooped overhead, poked around a 350-foot-long World War II wreck, and kept company with more than 1,629 fish species, the highest diversity ever recorded.” ... “Scientists believe that because significant larvae-bearing oceanic currents traverse the region, it functions like an incubator or “species factory”, which partially seeds the entire Coral Triangle.”

Where’s Raja Ampat??? Raja Ampat is a 17,375 sq. mi. area of seascape off the northwestern tip of West Papua, Indonesia, composed of over 2,500 islands. This area is protected by seven MPA-s, some with ‘no take zones’ where all fishing is prohibited. Raja Ampat has also been declared as Asia’s first Shark Sanctuary, protecting not only sharks, but also mantas, and turtles from harvesting.

Getting there – There are 2 international gateways to Indonesia, one through Jakarta [CGK], and the other through Manado [MDC], a 30 day visa can be obtained upon arrival at either point of entry. Sorong [SOQ] is the destination for most liveaboard and all land based resorts in Raja Ampat, or for connecting flights to either Cenderawasih Bay or Triton Bay dive areas. Domestic Indonesian air travel is best booked through an Indonesian travel agent, as most airlines only accept credit card payment on cards issued by Indonesian banks.

Watch this bittenbysharks video!!!

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#17 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

This is how it is

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#18 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Bill,
Thank's for sharing that.I had to hold my mouth shut. It truely is Heaven under water.Words that come to mind are a "Wet Dream" of exponential Life.True testimony of our Creator.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#19 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Secret Sea Visions slide show

#20 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Under Pressure

#21 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Sit down with a bowl of popcorn to enjoy this 20 min 'expose' & guided tour of some the dive sites of northern Raja Ampat

#22 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Intro to Raja Ampat by Conservation International

#23 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

'The best of Raja Ampat'

#24 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

2nd King of Raja Ampat

#25 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Diving in Indonesia, Raja Ampat aboard SMY Ondina - Come join me in March, 2013!!!

#26 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Raja Ampat in 2011

#27 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

"Over the Rainbow"

#28 SirenaCansone

SirenaCansone

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Snorkeler, Scuba Groupie
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I was considering doing the Lembeh section of the trip but I've looked at the Ondina before and didn't want to go solo. I am not a certified diver...I'm a snorkeler...and this area is wonderful for that. Please let me know what the details are if you think it might work.
"When I die, I might as well die alive!" Harriet McBryde Johnson.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" John Locke 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users