• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY 2015-03: SAVE THE DATES for BEST OF FIJI.... March 10-20, 2015 + 1 WEEK Landbased TBD

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#376 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

I spent 1 week at the pearl in Pacific harbor March of 2011 or 12 whatever year tsunami was that hit Japan. I did the shark dive with Bega (have a $50 sweatshirt to prove it) and also a couple of local trips rafting and kayaking down the river up in the mountains. The bonus is the side trips are very close to pacific harbor so you don't have to get up at 4am like the tourists from Nadi did. I highly recommend at least 1 river trip. My other favorite trip was a 1/2 day jet ski trip to an island for lunch and snorkeling. I rode with the jet ski guy because I didn't have a partner and he let me rip it wide open. He even asked me to slow down for the others to catch up a couple times as he rode backwards behind me to watch them. Memories like this is why I have to go back!Posted Image
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#377 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

I've pretty much have my plans set. I'm spending a week on plantation island(timeshare) in a bure from 2/21-28 and the 2/28-3/7 in pacific harbor at the Fiji palms (timeshare) in a 2 bedroom. I can join you guys at Bega for the 7-10th and then on to the Siren 10th-20th. I'd like to book my air ASAP as it's $1400 RT 2/19-3/20/2015 showing 2 seats left at that price. The first two weeks all I pay are the exchange fees. Thank you Mama for buying all those timeshares.Posted ImagePlease let me know.

#378 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

I've pretty much have my plans set. I'd like to book my air ASAP as it's $1400 RT 2/19-3/20/2015 showing 2 seats left at that price. Please let me know.

Kim - Congratulations on booking your trip, it sounds like a great plan. Sometimes, you just can't wait for others to finalize plans, but just have to move forward no matter the consequences. I've done similar planning of a land based add on, with a nonrefundable air ticket, to Raja Ampat after the Oct. 2008 SingleDivers Bali-Wakatobi trip. Of course, this was before the implementation of 'trip notification'. The Wakatobi trip sold out in less than 2 days for 20 slots. There are many people, who've been watching this thread for years, some have no doubt become discouraged with the time it has taken to 'post' the trip and made other plans. But, there are others who have been lurking in the shadows [including myself], who have a definite interest. I've researched this trip twice, looking at resorts and vacation rentals on the various islands, to add to the 10 days on the Siren. My last evaluation was a month ago, I priced air, the quoted price of a week at Beqa, and 4 nights at Voli Voli after [I think I was having difficulty getting the NAN>>LAX return to match up w/end of Siren cruise]. I estimated the total cost at approximately $10k. Ever since the May 3, 2013 'Update' post announcing the dates of the Siren cruise being 'locked in', there have been at least half a dozen references to this trip being 'open for booking soon', yet here it is 6 months before the trip and... I realize Kamala doesn't have an easy task to plan and execute 15-18 dive trips a year, and the complexity increases with the distance travelled and the price of the trip.

Keep your smart phone handy, be ready to pull the trigger!!!

My 2 psi - Bill

ps - I've started initial planning a trip for Fall 2016 for 6 weeks of volunteer diving work in Madagascar, followed by add on to Mauritius afterward to decompress [? - diving of course]. Who knows where else, flights from Mauritius go non-stop to Perth, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and of course numerous destinations in Europe.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#379 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Scuba tex you must be going with Blue Ventures. They are great. In 2009' they ran a volunteer project in Fiji out on leleuvia at which I volunteered. I looked into Madagascar as well. Good luck. Yes, maybe I'm taking a chance but I've booked my two weeks previous and I'm going. I'm hoping a non diving friend will be joining me for the first two weeks and hopefully we'll get over to Beqa one night so she can meet you all. I'm not sure what I'm doing the 7/8/9th yet. I could go visit old friends leleuvia. I was pretty close with the staff after my second time there in 2012. If possible I'll join you guys at Beqa if there is room but I'm flexible.

#380 OffTheWall

OffTheWall

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:?

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Hi Kamala,
Let me know when the land portion of the Fiji trip opens up.
Thanks!
Lisa Bohannon aka OffTheWall

Edited by scubaclint, 16 September 2014 - 03:45 PM.
Remove phone number per TOS

#381 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'll add you to the list, Lisa! :)

#382 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

I've already bought my air because I'm arriving in Nadi 2/19 and returning 3/22. I'm doing my first two weeks before the trip with a friend and hopefully joining the group 3/7 on Beqa if that's possible. Please let me know how that will affect pricing when you get a chance. Thanks

#383 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Ok so I want 3 day Beqa + siren minus air.

#384 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

Ok so I want 3 day Beqa + siren minus air.

Will get the rest of this pricing open and out there.... We can do a limited number of the 3 day pkgs without air. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#385 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Thia should be the final pricing and specials...I'll be opening the trip shortly.

Beqa Lagoon - Landbased

11 nites 7 days diving (15 dives) + all meals + air from LAX & MORE.... Depart Mar 1 Arrive Mar 3 - 14 (depart Fiji Mar 14 arrive LAX Mar 14) $4175 SPECIAL PRICING $3995 with early booking by Oct 5th...but hurry just because the early booking period is longer the spots are VERY LIMITED! Plus...book by Jan 1, 2015 and get...

* Chance at FREE OceanView Upgrade on 11 nite pkg only worth $470
* Free Foot Massage
* Chance at Free Shark Dive worth $140
* Chance at Free Boat Nite Dive worth $65 (if we get the minimum number to go)

7 nites 5 days diving (11 dives) + all meals + air from LAX & MORE... Depart Mar 1 Arrive Mar 3 - 10 (depart Fiji Mar 10 if land only and Mar 20 if doing Siren) $3199 SPECIAL PRICING $3159 with early booking by Oct 5th...but hurry just because the early booking period is longer the spots are VERY LIMITED! Plus...book by Jan 1, 2015 and get...

* Free Foot Massage
* Chance at Free Shark Dive worth $140
* Chance at Free Boat Nite Dive worth $65 (if we get the minimum number to go)

PKG INCLUDES:
  • R/T Non-Stop Air LAX to Fiji
  • R/T ground and boat transfers from airport to Beqa Lagoon
  • 11 or 7 nts in a Deluxe, AIR CONDITIONED, Fijian style villa
  • 3 gourmet meals daily
  • (1) boat afternoon shore dive
  • 5 Two-tank reef boat dives on 7 day pkg OR 7 Two-tank reef boat dives on 11 day pkg
  • Kayaking, hiking, snorkeling & Fijian cultural entertainment including firewalking, meke, kava ceremony & MORE!
  • Air tax and air fuel surcharges
  • Includes unlimited day and night shore diving.

NOT INCLUDED:

* Airfare
* Nitrox
* Classes/Instruction
* Gear Rental
* Extra Dives i.e shark dives, afternoon pm boat dives, nite dives
* Beverages and bar tab at resort
* Any items of a personal nature
* hotel day rooms (we will arrange hotel day rooms in Nadi for your last day in Fiji. Rate is approximately $65USD. Guest to pay hotel direct. Please let us know if you would like this option)

EXTRAS:

* UNLIMITED Nitrox $150 for either 7 day or 11 day trip PAID IN ADV!
* Night Dive $65 PAID IN ADV or $100 at Resort
* (2) extra tank dives $60 PAID IN ADV or $100 at Resort
* (1) extra boat afternoon dive $60 PAID IN ADV or $100 at Resort
* Shark Dive: $80 upgrade to existing dive or $140 if add'l dive
* Oceanview upgrade price and qty avail $TBD

Quantity
12 bures or up to 24 spots for either 11 or 7 days. NOTE that pkg combos will be limited to facilitate rooming and the standard trip will be 11 days with a limited number of 7 day pkgs for those doing the Siren.

COMBO Bega & Siren:

1. Either the 7 day pkg @ Bega + the 10 day pkg with Siren

Quantity
Quantities for this option are limited by the Bega options above and the Siren options below.

or

2. The 3 day pkg @ Bega + the 10 day pkg with Siren

Quantity
We have 3 bures so up to 6 spots for people ONLY doing the *buffer pkg* before Siren. Siren spots are limited below.

3 day pkg with Air/Hotel/3 dives/Meals $2379
3 day pkg without Air $TBA

Siren Liveaboard

10 nites 34 dives Beyond The Bligh Depart Mar 8 Arrive Mar 10 -20 Depart Mar 20 arrive LAX Mar 20 SPECIAL PRICING $4960 includes FREE NITROX with $50 early booking discount if paid in full by Oct 5th...but hurry just because the early booking period is longer the spots are VERY LIMITED! Plus...book by Jan 1, 2015 and get...

* Chance to win a Free Nitrox Analyzer

PKG INCLUDES:
  • All food & accommodation during the cruise
  • Tea, real coffee from our espresso machine, fruit juice, soft drinks & BEER!!!
  • Up to 34 dives, including up to 5 night dives
  • Free Nitrox fills for certified Nitrox divers
  • Free use of most dive equipment (except dive computer & underwater torch)
  • Transfers between Voli Voli Beach Resort and the Fiji Siren on embarkation/disembarkation

Quantity
We have 16 spots total for this 10 day trip.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#386 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

OK. Waiting for official notification. I definitely would only be able to do the 3 day land package with the siren.

Thanks

#387 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

Another question.. does this mean that the 3 days package folks will be staying at Voli voli? Is the rest of the group at the Beqa lagoon resort?

#388 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Another question.. does this mean that the 3 days package folks will be staying at Voli voli? Is the rest of the group at the Beqa lagoon resort?

Most of the group will be at Beqa. We have a 3 day pkg at Bega that includes air but I can get it without air as well...I think. If not then I'm sure someone will be staying at Voli Voli so we can work that out.

Just need a bit more time to finish the trip postings...

formerly...

#389 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

HEY GANG...need some more time to get the trip posting done. I'm soooooooo excited so many of you are ready to sign up! Kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users