• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Divers in Uniform!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

Welcome home. RC South. Kandahar, well KAF, is pretty sweet. I think the entire Helman province should just be nuked though. Hope to meet up with you on a trip sometime.

You do have to give props to a contingent that builds a hockey rink in a combat zone. :thankyou:

#92 skdiver

skdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW in the process of rescue
  • Logged Dives:42

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Welcome home. RC South. Kandahar, well KAF, is pretty sweet. I think the entire Helman province should just be nuked though. Hope to meet up with you on a trip sometime.

You do have to give props to a contingent that builds a hockey rink in a combat zone. :)

haha i wouldnt know much about KAF. spent 95% of my time "outside the wire". When i went on vacation i did play a couple games in the leauge they got. Play a game of hockey and then grab a nice cold ice cap.

P.S. Helmend is not fun in maywand was the fisrt time i went from freezing cold to Destroying hot in like 15 min

All the american and brits we worked with were good to go :lol:
Live in regina saskatchewan
dive all around the world
Canadian forces

#93 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

I figured I would bring this back to life after kamala told me about it. Looks like it's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread. I was active duty in the Air Force for 7.5 years, out for 8 then came back in the reserves. I have been on active duty orders for a little over 1 year by choice. I am almost done with this set and ready to go back home to colorado for awhile. Currently I am training new airmen to drive heavy equipment as they will be deploying to do convoys in Iraq and Afghanistan. My first trainee left today for 6 weeks in texas before heading over.

I wanted to give a thank you to all those who serve, have served and those who support us.

#94 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

I wanted to give a thank you to all those who serve, have served and those who support us.

Chris it is US who needs to thank you and everyone else in this thread and of course all who have served and will serve! :) and :tears:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#95 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

<Excellent reasons for serving deleted>

If you want to email me personally, one of my military email addresses is gungho.gijoe@us.army.mil . I'll reply as often as possible.

Hello, I'm LT Eric Petrevich from the 102 CAV. I'm glad to have found this site and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you.

I have a quick question for you, how did you get a "personalized" @us.army.mil address? I'm curious as to how you can set up an alais on AKO.

Thanks.

Eric

I'm just replying to my original post here to confirm that I'm still in the HHT 102nd CAV US Army. (Which is still a friendly one.)

Thanks.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#96 USMCThumper

USMCThumper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv Open
  • Logged Dives:Over 300, including military

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and also say thanks for what seem like a great site. I'm a Marine currently stationed in Camp LeJeune, NC. I've been lucky enough to have been diving since I was 12y/o and have experienced diving all over the world thanks to the Mairne Corps.

I look forward to meeting all of you in the future.

#97 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

Good morning Thumper, I'm glad you found us. I'm an air reserve techincial out at Pope and this weekend I'm up in Morehead City diving. we're going out this afternoon so I'm getting caught up whit my emails and logging yesterday's dive. I saw your post in the other thread about getting the skinny on how the trips work. there are several threads on the forum list detailing who it all works. read through some of those and if you have any problems let us know and we can get you fixed up. I look forward to diving with you soon.

Jerry

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#98 ScubaScar

ScubaScar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hey,
Wanted to thank everyone for the support. I have been in the Air Force for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time and it has given me the chance to serve my fellow Americans. I feel lucky and blessed.

I am in the PNW (Washington-South of Tacoma) and would love to meet some dive buddies to dive the Sound.

Shaun
ScubaScar

#99 Armymedic

Armymedic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Search and Recovery, Rescue, and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:153

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. First of all, I want to thank singledivers.com for recognizing our service men and women in uniform with this complimentary membership. I am currently on active duty and have been proud to serve with the finest Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen that we have ever seen. This "old soldier" is truly amazed at the prior service members, and younger men and women who stepped up and answered the call after 9-11 and joined the military. They put their lives on hold knowing they would eventually be in harms way. They didn't do it for a check or an education. They did it because they believed in joining for a greater cause other than their own. We have not seen anything like this in our young people and prior service members since World War II. For that, I have the utmost respect for each and every one of them. Thank you all for your Service and putting your lives and families on hold.

Ok enough of that. I love to dive, my other hobbies are...I love to dive! I am excited about being at a point in my life where I can now do it more often and recreationally. I also am a volunteer firefigher, and a member of a Rescue, Search and Recovery Dive team. Now, it's time to get in some warm water and enjoy myself. Looking forward to going on a trip soon and getting to meet some of you all.

Edited by Armymedic, 01 February 2012 - 08:09 PM.

• Jerrymxz likes this

#100 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi Scott,

Welcome! And a sincere thank you for your service, both in the army and as a volunteer firefighter.

Maybe I'll see you on a dive trip someday!

-Joe
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

#101 ScubaScar

ScubaScar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Intro

My Name is Shaun, callsign: Scar. I am in the Air Force and I have been diving since getting hooked in lakes in OK and KS back in '92.

My military experience is F-4G Wild Weasels in DESERT STORM, F-15Es Op NORTHERN WATCH, TACP (Tactical Air Control Party-commonly called Forward Air Controllers) 2 tours to OIF and 1 to OEF.
Thanks to Kamala for setting up the Divers in Uniform.

I am currently TDY to Key West (till Mar 2012) and would love to meet up with anyone wanting to dive the Keys.

Scar
  • Jerrymxz likes this

#102 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

I am currently TDY to Key West (till Mar 2012) and would love to meet up with anyone wanting to dive the Keys.

All TDY that I ever did was in awful places! How did you score Key West?? :lmao:

:welcome: to the site, hope you find someone to dive with while you're in the Keys. And a big :thankyou: for your service!
Posted Image

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

The THANKS goes to all the men and women who understand that it takes a strong military to protect our country and even stronger one to prevent bullies from picking on us. An even bigger THANK YOU to those who are willing to answer this call of duty and then do so with honor and courage knowing they could be called to make the ultimate sacrafice so that the rest of us can sit and chat about diving all day or live a carefree life.

Nope the REAL :thankyou: goes to YOU and all the men and women who protect this country in our armed forces. :respect:

• Jerrymxz likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#104 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Welcome to all the military members. After a 30 year career in the airforce reserves as a full time technician I have really enjoyed my association with SD. I have a tour to Desert Storm two tours to southern watch and a tour to OIF. Plus a hundred TDY's to places all over the world. I had the TDY to Key West with my C-130 unit for a week that was great. I got a couple dives in that week. Kamala does a great job putting together all manor of dive trips. i've done 5 or 6 trips including the best trip I've ever been on to Truk and Palau. Join in the conversations on the board there are a ton of great threads and remember there is no such thing as a dumb question. come on in the pools open and the waters fine!!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#105 ScubaScar

ScubaScar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

All TDY that I ever did was in awful places! How did you score Key West?? :lmao:

:welcome: to the site, hope you find someone to dive with while you're in the Keys. And a big :thankyou: for your service!

well I have done my fair share of "awful places" so I am counting this as my "karma" TDY. :) I have been diving my a$$ when possible.

Scar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users