• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013 Health and Fitness CHALLENGE!!!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Lost 8 more pounds since Bonaire. 29 total. Currently at 201. Celebrated with a few cold ones this weekend. Hope all are well.

#62 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Congratulations Tim. Keep up the good work. After six weeks of steady diet, and not losing any weight last Winter, I did stick with the program, and I did lose about 15 pounds over the last five months or so. I had a bit of a lapse recently, and need to get refocused. That is what brought me back to looking at this thread. Ed

Lost 8 more pounds since Bonaire. 29 total. Currently at 201. Celebrated with a few cold ones this weekend. Hope all are well.

#63 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Congratulations Tim. Keep up the good work. After six weeks of steady diet, and not losing any weight last Winter, I did stick with the program, and I did lose about 15 pounds over the last five months or so. I had a bit of a lapse recently, and need to get refocused. That is what brought me back to looking at this thread. Ed

Ed, that's why I keep it alive! Posted Image

Pre-divorce, I went from 223 to 177 (too light, in my opinion), through diet, hiking & lifting. Once the decree came down & I needed to focus on my kids on an on-going basis, my regimen suffered & I ballooned back up to 230, the heaviest I've ever been. In the process of getting back in shape, my back, hips, knees, etc., just gave out, after 6 years of 6 days a week. Been working with massage, chiropractic, stretching & reiki ever since. It helps, though there is something deeper at work, here. I'm truly convinced that this injury is associated with holding the energy of the condition of divorce for so long that it is going to take a lot of time & work to release it. So, hey, if I need to sit still again & find another way to keep in shape, SO BE IT! The less I imbibe, the less I miss it!

Keep up the good work, amigo! If you falter, start anew, whenever your body tells you it is time. As noted before, I've had to learn to be gentle with myself, which I haven't always been very good at, as evidence of the mileage on my hide would show & many who know me would attest to...

How's everybody else faring??? Posted Image

#64 Peatar

Peatar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Insanity workout hands down... I know it has a bit of a reputation of being a butt kicker (well deserved by the way). My lifestyle is such that I simply do not have time during the week to get into the gym. Since starting Insanity I've dropped 27 lbs all while working out in my living room. If anyone has any questions about the workout I will be happy to offer my experiences.

P

#65 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm looking to get started in my workout too. Coincidentally I was also looking at the Insanity program, anyone know the difference between that in the px90? They seem to be the same parent company.

#66 Peatar

Peatar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm looking to get started in my workout too. Coincidentally I was also looking at the Insanity program, anyone know the difference between that in the px90? They seem to be the same parent company.

They are essentially the same, high cardio, high protein diet, interval training with Insanity being a bit more anaerobic. Personally I prefer Insanity because of this reason.

You can find it on Ebay for under $50 for the complete 13 disc set. I enjoy the workout so much I quit my gym. Understand, biometrically both of these workouts are hard on your joints. Just make sure you pay attention to your form.

Peter

#67 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the advice Peter! I'm definitely looking to start one of these programs soon!

They are essentially the same, high cardio, high protein diet, interval training with Insanity being a bit more anaerobic. Personally I prefer Insanity because of this reason.

You can find it on Ebay for under $50 for the complete 13 disc set. I enjoy the workout so much I quit my gym. Understand, biometrically both of these workouts are hard on your joints. Just make sure you pay attention to your form.

Peter

#68 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the advice Peter! I'm definitely looking to start one of these programs soon!

Peter

Not an option for me after 4 total ACL reconstructions. I do like the system, though. I've had to learn to get more creative with my workouts as the vessel ages. Feeling good enough that I believe I'll be able to get the boots back on, soon, though. Once I get this back thing sorted out, back to the BowFlex, which I love because it keeps you honest on your reps & form.

Cheers.

#69 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Follow up yesterday after a month on vacation. Somehow, I managed to lose 5 lbs. Must've been the countless trips back & forth down the beach, day & night. Down to 196. BP is good. Bloodwork is clear. Hoping to get back out on the mountain, soon.

Blessings.

#70 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

Congrats brother! Very happy to hear!

Follow up yesterday after a month on vacation. Somehow, I managed to lose 5 lbs. Must've been the countless trips back & forth down the beach, day & night. Down to 196. BP is good. Bloodwork is clear. Hoping to get back out on the mountain, soon.

Blessings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users