• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-12: Dec 28-Jan4 NYE in Saba & St Kitts LIVEABOARD

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

• Click HERE for current AVAILABILITY on this trip!
  • Click HERE for Why our Trips are Unique & What Others Have Said About our Trips!
  • Click HERE for How to Sign up for our Trips AND Important SD Trip Booking Related Info.
  • Click HERE to Pay via our Secure Payment Portal
  • Click HERE to find the Documents for this trip (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message)
  • Click HERE for the Special Forums which are open approx 60 days prior to the trip to discuss more private trip details (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message when open)
  • Click HERE to Register as a Premier Member or HERE to Upgrade to a Premier Member of SingleDivers.com
  • Click HERE to Like Us on FaceBook to share pics & more...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! We're Celebrating the New Year in Saba and St Kitt's aboard's EV's liveaboard...Dec 28th to Jan 4th, 2014. (Fly into SXM and out of SKB)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Top 10 Reasons To Dive With SingleDivers.com in Saba & St Kitts for New Year's Eve:

• 5 BOAT DIVES DAILY!!!
  • ALL Inclusive Meals & Snacks!!!
  • ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS INCLUDING ALCOHOL!!!
  • ONLY 9 Rooms on the whole boat with up to 18 Divers MAX*!!!
  • SPECTACULAR WALLS AND PINNACLES IN SABA AND REEF AND WRECKS IN ST KITT'S!!! (Saba, known for its submerged offshore pinnacles, is the 5 square mile top of a dormant volcano towering 3,000 feet above the surface and surrounded by volcanic sand the profusion of marine life here attests to the early institution of Saba Marine Park in 1987 & St. Kitts offers arguably the widest variety of sites – finger reefs, recent wrecks and a variety of drop-offs that capture the imagination.)
  • THE ONLY DIVING GROUP WHERE BEING SINGLE AND SOLO IS A GOOD THING! EVERYONE WILL BE TRAVELING SOLO...COME HANG WITH OTHER BUDDYLESS DIVERS AND RING IN THE NEW YEAR!!!
  • The NE Caribbean offers a blend of Dutch, British, French and native cultures on some of the most scenic islands in the Caribbean;
  • TWO SINGLEDIVERS.COM MEMBERS ARE WORKING ON THE BOAT AS CREW SO IT WILL BE EXTRA SPECIAL!!! :wakawaka:/>/>
  • The schedule provides for up to 3 island tours during the charter with ample time for our guests to explorer forts, rain forests, duty-free shops and museums
  • YOU CAN SAVE LOTS OF MONEY BY BOOKING WITH US VIA OUR EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS AND A CHANCE TO WIN 50% OF YOUR TRIP FREE!!! (Yep! That's right...we'll draw at midnight and one lucky person will WIN 50% of their trip price up to $900!!) :dazzler:/>/>

PRICING:

• All cabins are $1895 d/o (THE SAME PRICE AS 2011) or $3147 s/o
  • Two cabins have a queen/Double bed so we will be offering a "Sleep Together Discount of an add'l $150 per person off the price to share this bed
  • All early bookings paid in full by April 30th will get $50 off the price of the trip and (5)chances to win 50% of their trip price on NYE up to $900. (See Discounts for full details)
  • All early bookings deposited by Sept 1st will qualify for special 'main level' cabins
  • Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via any non-cash form of payment.
  • SEE MORE DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY BOOKING & MEMBERS BELOW!!!

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 7 nights/ 8 days
  • 5 days with up to 5 tank boat dives
  • Breakfast, lunch & Dinner & Snacks between dives (served buffet style)
  • All Drinks including water, soda, juice, house wine, domestic beers & assorted liquors
  • Air fills, tanks, lead and weight belt
  • Personal Gear Lockers for your gear and LOTS of hanging space for your wetsuits/skins
  • Welcome Beverage upon arrival & group orientation meeting after last group of divers arrive
NOT INCLUDED:

• Transfers from Airport to the boat and back
  • Friday evening meal
  • Optional island tours
  • Rental gear, instruction and retail charges
  • Crew gratuities
  • Trip cancellation insurance
  • Dive accident insurance
  • St. Maarten or St. Kitts departure taxes
  • Port taxes, immigration and marine park diving fees $115 payable on board
  • Fuel surcharge currently $125 payable on board (subject to change but locked in 30 days prior to trip)
  • Nitrox $150

OPTIONAL: * Note - All optional add-ons must be paid for in advance for these prices. Additional costs may apply if you sign up on the boat.

• Nitrox $150
  • Rent-A-Buddy/Dive Mentor $50 per day or $150 for the trip
  • Photo Sticks, mirofiber towels, Diver GPS, GoPros, LavaCore specials, and other goodies for this trip! (PRICING TBA)
  • Island Tours (Price TBA)
  • Rental Gear - TBA

QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE THIS TRIP:

1. All skill levels are acceptable for this trip however keep in mind that diving the pinnacles of Saba are most comfortable for divers AOW or equivalent and above. Starting depths are past 60 ft which is the depth limit of OW (open water divers) - If you have ANY questions about making this trip safely and comfortably please email kamala@singledivers.com or call 864-557-6079.)

2. All single, married but buddyless, solo travelers AND couples are welcome! We are a very fun group and while the lions share of our divers do not travel with a spouse or travel companion... we will target at least 1 couple to remedy the bed/room configuration we have with this boat. (I will be accepting applications for someone to share one of the queen/double beds with me!)

3. All trip participants will need to be premier members of our site so that we can effectively communicate with you and help to manage your trip/vacation more easily. Its only $35 a year and you'll get $25 back after EVERY trip you take with us if by mailing in the Rebate Form. To become a premier member click on the MEMBERSHIP tab along the top of the forums and follow the prompts.

DISCOUNTS:

1. Early Pay in Full Discount: Sign up and pay in full by April 30th and get $50 off the price and get (5) chances to win 50% off your trip up to $900, + Free Autographed Scuba CD by our very own Pup Morse, and a chance to Win Free Oceanview Upgrade and Free Nitrox.
2. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #1: Sign up and deposit by May 30th for (1) chance to win 50% off your trip up to $900.
3. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #2: Sign up and deposit by September 1, and you will be entered to win an Upgrade to Main Level Cabins
4. Active Military Discount: $25
5. Membership Discount #1: Save $75 by getting your trip docs (SD waiver, survey, ins statement, EV boat waiver) submitted within 21 days.
6. Membership Discount #2: Get a $25 rebate after the trip by submitting for your premeir membership bonus within 30 days after the trip.
7. Sleep Together Discount: Take $150 off the price of the trip per person if you will share a room that has one queen/double bed in it. We have (2) cabins on this boat that have that configuration.

PAYMENT TERMS & PROGRESS PAYMENTS:

ASAP: $500 non-refundable deposit (except via trip insurance) in order to secure a spot. No spot will be secured until money is rec'd via our Secure Payment Gateway. (See link along top, on home page and in my signature line.
4-17-13 $500 non-refundable deposit due at booking to hold a spot payable only via SD's payment link..
4-30-13 Pay in FULL by April 30th, 2013 for EARLY PAYMENT DISCOUNT of $50 off trip price AND Chance to win 50% off your trip price up to $900
6-24-13 $500 progress payment due
8-24-13 $500 progress payment due
10-24-13 $495 or FINAL TRIP PAYMENTS DUE
11-24-13 ALL OPTIONAL ADD-ONS DUE such as nitrox, extra days etc

Note: Trip must be paid in full 60 days days prior to departure. Missing payments can forfeit your spot to the next person on the waiting list.

Insurance:

DIVE Insurance is
MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive.
Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP (less than $100) to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are covered for an entire year of diving.

We recommend:

Diver's Alert Network please use reference #1603080
Click here for Diver's Alert Network and use our reference ID1603080.

Dive Assure please reference us via the drop down menu. Click here for Dive Assure for either a 'one time' policy OR an annual policy that is BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance providing PRIMARY COVERAGE with excellent rates and coverage!

TRIP INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
. If you miss the Flight to SXM you MAY be able to catch a flight the next day but the boat will have left and you'll have missed the trip! If you choose to self-insure that is fine but you also choose to accept all losses accordingly as SD.com nor any vendors will be responsible for losses due to non-insurince.

Click here for a free quote from CSA Travel Protection or to purchase online!

TRIP INSURANCE VS GAMBLING LOSSES:
Hey folks if you are gamblers and opt to NOT take out trip insurance that is great! However please understand that neither the resort/dive operator nor SingleDivers.com can help you out with your gambling losses. SD.com accepts a huge amount of liability to fill ALL the trips we run OR EAT THE SPOTS. :-D/>/> I can assure you that I have paid plenty of gambling losses over the years. But I won't gamble with my life (I have both DAN and DIVE ASSURE for Dive Insurance) and I won't gamble with my trips...(I have the annual policy by DIVE ASSURE which covers ALL MY DIVE TRIPS!)
So the choice is yours....bet on no hurricanes, no accidents, no illness, no deaths in the family, no job loss, no immediate death/injury to yourself* ...and laugh in the end when your bet pays off. But when it does not...PLEASE :pray:/>/> PLEASE :pray:/>/> PLEASE do not expect the resort nor dive operator nor SingleDivers.com to refund your money because your bet did not pan out. :wakawaka:/>/>
NOTE: One of the reason's we have you finalize your extras and pay for everything by 30-60 days out is so you have more flexability getting trip insurance. Please take a moment TODAY to do this important task. ;)/>/> *If you think it can't happen to you please think again...sadly it happens A LOT!!

The BOAT:

Check out where we'll be staying...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE DIVING...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SAMPLE TRIP ITINERARY:
While OUR personal Saba & St Kitt's Week Experience may vary due to weather and conditions, the outline below will give you a good feel for the exciting week in store for us! KEEP CHECKING BACK AS MANY ACTIVITIES ARE STILL BEING LINED UP FOR THE AMAZING WEEK OF FUN IN THE SUN AND CRITTERS IN THE SEA!!! Posted Image
Days Prior to start of our trip:
If you wish to arrive early or want to combine other diving or touring adventures in conjunction with this one let us know. We can add days to the FRONT or the END of your week as well as several days of local site seeing if you like or just an extra night to be sure you catch the boat!

Saturday Dec 28,2013:
This will be the official ARRIVAL date in San Martin SXM. You can arrive up til midnight. Group Orientation and the evening of our first Welcome Happy Hour!

Dec 29-31, 2013 and Jan 1-2, 2014:
These 5 days will be our group package of up to 5 tank dives off the boat. The first dive starts at 7:45am and the boat will return after each dive allowing you the luxury of sleeping in or skipping a dive. Breakfast, lunch and dinner along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included daily and are available on the boat. REMEMBER...your first drink is your last dive!
Entertainment & Activities:
This week allows for several tours on the islands we visit. They will be in the afternoons and we'll post which days they will be on later. You will miss your afternoon dives if you go and see the islands via the optional island tours.

Saturday: Welcome Orientation and Welcome Socialization
Sunday: 5 dives & Social Mixer...
Monday: 5 dives and LOTS OF NIGHT DIVE OPTIONS..
Tuesday: 5 dives
Wednesday: 5 dives and its NEW YEAR'S EVE...We'll celebrate in style AND still go diving the next day!
Thursday: The last day of our diving pkg and the first day of 2014 and a great way to start your new year off right diving all 5 dives!
Friday: We usually have an early dawn dive or two and then we head into port where we'll gear and pack and then enjoy dinner on our own seeing St Kitt's while docked at shore for our last night together.
Jan 04, 2014: This is our travel day home.

AIRFARE:
You will fly INTO SXM and out of SKB. There are no real restrictions upon arrival or departure times EXCEPT you can not board the boat until 3pm and you must leave the boat by 9am. Most divers choose to book their own air so they an use miles, their preferred carrier or because they have more time to search out deals. If you wish for SingleDivers.com to research and/or book your airfare ticket for you we are happy to do so for a $30 research & booking fee.

AIR & WATER TEMPS:
Month: December/January
Water: 76-78 depending on the winter's severity
Air Temperature During Day: high 70's degrees F

VISA/PASSPORT INFORMATION: [/size]
St Martin and St Kitts are easy to fly in and out of for Americans and most Europeans. You only need a passport for legal entry and exit WITH 6 months left on it after your return and adequate pages to allow it to be stamped. HOWEVER GETTING YOUR DOCS INTO THE BOAT TIMELY IS NECESSARY TO SET UP PRE-CUSTOMS CLEARANCE SINCE WE WILL BE VISITING 3 COUNTRIES ON THIS TRIP![/size]

HOW TO BOOK A SPOT ON THIS TRIP:

1) Post in this thread that you plan to join us and advise your check or credit card payment is on its way via our SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY. (SEE PAYMENT LINK IN MY SIGNATURE LINE OR AT THE TOP OF THIS TRIP POST/TOPIC.) We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we can NOT hold any spots on this trip. Your spot will ONLY BE CONFIRMED when we receive your $500 non-refundable deposit or get the early payment deals with payment in full by April 30, 2013.)To join an SD trip you must be a premier membership which is $35 a year and you can get $25 back after the trip as a member rebate if you file for it.

2) Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey.

3)
Fill out the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release. - DON'T FORGET YOUR MEDICAL ENVELOPE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY (details at the bottom of the Med Waiver)

4)
Fill out the Insurance Summary form (All Forms can be found under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips &
activities!" or
click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.)

5)
Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you
need to make special arrangements about payments, please contact me and I'll gladly try to work with you.

6)
PLEASE USE THE BOOKING TEMPLATE IN POST #4 or #5. We need to know if you need rental gear, will be diving nitrox and if you want d/o or s/o for the trip. You MUST include as much of this information as possible with your initial reservation or the type of room you want may no longer be available when you finally clarify for us.

7)
You will also need to verify if you have trip insurance or will be procuring trip insurance or conversely not procuring trip
insurance. All participants must have Current Dive Insurance and state one of the following:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly. - THIS TRIP DOES NOT REQUIRE
TRIP INSURANCE BUT IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

8) Only requests posted in this trip topic/thread are considered official especially for limited options such as use of a computer, or
going on a tour, etc.

9) Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the "official" availability is only accurate in the main
trip post. For more information on SingleDivers.com, booking policies, etc please read
here.

10) Also note that for FASTER service pls email trips@singledivers.com for all general questions and kamala@singledivers.com for
custom questions or special requests.

11) PLEASE EMAIL ALL DOCUMENTS TO TRIPS@SINGLEDIVERS.COM ONLY as I do not check trip documentation emails,
rather leaving it to our awesome volunteers who help me with our trips. :thankyou:/>/>

PAYMENT INFORMATION:
SingleDivers.com uses a secure online payment gateway that allows you to pay for trips or merchandise using either an e-check which debits your checking account directly without having to mail in a check or debits your credit card without having to fill out a SD.com credit card authorization form. (Please note that any non-US bank originating credit card MAY still have to use the paper credit card authorization form as different processing procedures may be followed to process international/non-US credit cards. You'll find this form in the Forms Forum link in my signature. - NOTE: For the State us AA if using an international credit card.

[i]SingleDivers.com provides its members with pricing that reflects all possible cash discounts so any payments via credit card or paypal will still incur a 3% non-cash convenience fee. Our SECURE payment gateway which you can access by clicking the PAY HERE LINK along the top, in my signature line and on the homepage of SingleDivers.com.

This trip may sell out quickly due to the great pricing we have so in order to ensure timely & accurate processing of payment receipts and therefore timely & accurate acceptance of members onto the trip, ONLY PAYMENTS RECEIVED VIA OUR SECURE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE ACCEPTED

[i]If you are unable to use the gateway please provide a complete description of the problem/error you are encountering and contact kamala@singledivers.com immediately to manually process your payment for you.

The gateway will add a 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via credit card or any non-cash option. Checks, money orders and real cash are discounted already.

International/ Non-US Clients: Please use the traditional written credit authorization form to submit credit card payments IF the payment system does not work for you. (Remember use AA as the state and it should work).
Click here for the form and ask trips@singledivers.com for the password.

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES YOU MUST MONITOR IF GOING ON THIS TRIP ARE LOCATED IN THE 2ND POST OR HERE

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

LOOK HERE FOR ONGOING IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT IN THIS POST:

1. 4-17-13 Trip opened up for booking!
2. 4-30-13 The Early booking special of being paid in full gets you $50 off the trip price and (5) chances to win 50% of your trip price up to $900 will end Midnight CST. (SEE DISCOUNTS IN MAIN TRIP DETAILS FOR FULL DETAILS)
3. To aid proper booking and pre-trip communication, all members need to be premier members or above. To upgrade click on the MEMBERSHIP tab across the top and follow the prompts.
4. We have a late document fee on our trips. To avoid it simply get your documents to us within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip. (Does NOT include booking your air.) Need more time? No problem we'll add the $75 document fee to your final invoice.
5. Check out our member's photo galleries from a previous trip HERE!

FAQ - CHECK HERE OFTEN TO AVOID READING ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

SABA & ST KITTS EV LIVEABOARD FAQ:

What's the electricity?
110V. Same as U.S. and same 2 pronged outlets.

What currency do they use?
Dollars or EC

What language do they speak?
English and parts of the islands will speak Dutch and French

Do I need a passport?
YES. Please visit www.travel.state.gov and choose "International Travel" and "Saba or St Kitts" to get the latest information. U.S. citizens need a passport that is valid for 6 months PAST the date of arrival.

Do I need shots/immunizations?
For legal reasons, we cannot make official recommendations regarding shots or immunizations. Please consult with your physician or visit www.cdc.gov for more information to make the decision that is right for you. Note that our members are welcome to give you their opinions.

What are the luggage restrictions?
Currently, you are allowed 2 checked bags of 50 lbs each and 1 carry on and 1 personal item. Checked luggage between 51-70 lbs will be charged $TBD/bag. The carry on is more of a size-related issue rather than weight.

Will someone pick us up at the airport?
We will be taking local vans/taxi's based upon how many people are arriving at the same time. IT IS IMPERATIVE WE HAVE YOUR FLIGHT DETAILS EARLY AND TIMELY TO SET UP TRANSFERS AND TO ENABLE THE BOAT TO DO PRE-CUSTOMS CLEARANCE GOING FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND

What's the diving like?
Waterwill vary based upon how early winter is and if we have an Indian Summer, etc , 75-150' vis, walls, corals, reefs, pinnacles, wrecks, turtles, tropicals, critters.

What thickness wetsuit do you recommend?
The water will be in the high 70;s possibly cooler and hopefully warmer. We recommend a full 3-5 mil or more if you chill easily. You may be diving several times a day for extended periods if you take advantage of the unlimited shorediving. LAVACORE WILL BE WORKING WITH US ON THIS TRIP TO HELP OUTFIT OUR DIVERS...stay tuned for details...

How long are the boat rides?
We'll fall off the main boat and come back to it after diving. So effectively there are no boat rides other than transits from one dive site to another.

SPECIFIC TRIP FAQ's:

Q. What is the price of Nitrox?
A. Nitrox will be $150 for the week and is UNLIMITED.

Q. What does All-Inclusive drinks mean?
A. All drinks including water, soda, juice, house wine, domestic beers & domestic liquors. Drinks during meals and in between are covered by your package. The bar will close at a reasonable hour to facilitate diving the next day but other than that...all your liquid needs can be met!

Q. Can I extend my trip and dive another week?
A. Sure! A second week either before or after is the same price as our singles week!
  • $999 d/o + 16% tax = $1159 ALL INCLUSIVE!!
  • $1199 s/o + 16% tax = $1391 ALL INCLUSIVE!!

Q. How about extending for an extra night?
  • Extra Night + 1 day of additional 2 tank dives + Meals Add-On Price to this diving pkg: TBD approx $166 d/o or TBD approx $199 s/o
  • (can't guarantee d/o for extra days but will help you find someone to share with)

Q. What is the cost for Rental Equipment?
A. Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can use to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.

Full Scuba Package - (does not include computer) $ per day, $ per week
Regulator Package - with gauges, octo & inflator $ per day, $ per week
Computer - $ per week
BCD - $ per day, $ per week
Full body Wetsuit - $ per day, $ per week (3/2)
Hooded Vest - $ per day, $ per week (3mm)
Gauge Combo - Pressure & Depth - $ per day, $ per week
Compass - $ per day, $ per week
Mask & Snorkel - $ per day, $ per week
Fins - $ per week
Dive Light - $ per week
Laser lights - $ ea.
Light Sticks - $ ea.
DIN/Yoke Adaptor (possibly not available) - $ per week
Pony bottle & Regulator - $ per day, $ per week

Q. Do divers need locks for the lockers?
A. No there is a shared large locker room that is locked at night.

Q. How many 100cf tanks you all have and if there is an extra charge for them. Do you have DIN tanks?
A. The resort only has 80cf tanks. They have a few DIN tanks but you should always bring your own DIN Adapter just in case.

GENERAL TRIP FAQ's:

Q. Why the big deal over trip insurance and when do I have to buy it if I want it?
A. People are used to things being pretty good and not worrying about things like insurance. However for some reason MORE people have experienced having to cancel a trip or having their vacation ruined due to accidents, illness, death in the family and even death of the member. And while our vendors and SD truly want to help you, we are extremely limited in what we can do if you did not take out trip insurance. Therefore we will be STRONGLY ENCOURAGING you to buy trip insurance and consider an annual plan like Dive Assure (link at end of first post) to cover all those unexpected things that would otherwise cause you to lose most if not all of your vacation monies. NOTE: CHECK YOUR POLICY for the last day to buy it so it covers your trip. Some require it with the deposit and some before our last payment. The SOONER the better as it will not cover you AFTER you need it UNLESS you buy it BEFORE YOU NEED IT!!!

Q. I want to bring School Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?
A. The basics are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas totebags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Q. I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at this trip. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?
A. Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 55, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week.

Q. I'm trying to decide if I should do a double occupancy to save money or a single just in case the roomie thing does not work out. What do you recommend?
A. You have CHOICES on our trips. One of our primary goals is to AVOID SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS. We use an extensive rooming and trip survey to help us with rooming decisions. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. After all...it could be them the next time. So let us know which way you want to go and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate. And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! :thankyou:/>/>/>/>

Q. I noticed in the "who's going" section that most of the people have nitrox, is that a problem if I don't?
A. Absolutely not but many divers find it will allow them to dive more since we are doing 3 boat dives a day. We'll have an instructor on the trip so if you want to take the class while you are there it's a great way to combine diving and training. Air divers will be buddied with other air divers and/or I'll dive with any air diver that needs a buddy. SD.com will help you with the buddy arrangements!

Q. Do I need to sign in as a member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?
A. Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found the link in my signature along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password.) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TRIP IN 2012 WE REQUIRE YOU TO BE A PREMIER MEMBER SO WE CAN EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE VITAL TRIP DETAILS DURING THE BOOKING PROCESS AND ALL PRE-TRIP PHASES.

Q. What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?
A. You can pay with credit card via our secure online web payment gateway. Simply click on the PAY NOW button along the top of the forums or in my signature line and it will allow you to pay via cc or your checking account. All prices are discounted for cash so if not paying via check please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee. If using a credit card not drawn on a US bank you may have to fill out our credit card authorization form so we can process your payment manually (found in the forms forum link in my signature) and email it as a pdf to me to kamala@singledivers.com or fax it to me to 888-480-0906. Again please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via this method.

Q. Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?
A. Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $30 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $30 fee to your total invoice.

Q. Can I get a Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work?
A. Yes you can rent-a-buddy for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. The price is $50 per day or $150 for the week. If you need your rent-a-buddy to do your first night dive it is recommended that you consider the night dive specialty or even just the night dive sign off of AOW...Advanced Open Water via one of our instructors.

Q. I want to bring School & LIFE Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?
A. Last year we discovered the need for the orphanage which covers ALL AGES includes simply clothing, toiletries and basic supplies which are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas totebags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Life Supplies: We will compile a full list of things needed by the orphanage for the kids and let you know!

Q. Is there a place on the site behind the scenes to discuss meeting up at airports, sign up for tours, important tips & tidbits, etc?
A. Yes, about 30-45 days prior to the trip we'll have a private forum that only trip participants can see. Please check out this forum: INSERT LINK HERE The password will be sent to everyone, but if ever needed again, please send an email to: Trips@singledivers.com and we will send it to you again. Check this link often for updates! It will not appear in the "view new posts".

Q. I noticed that none of my flight info is listed in the area where everyone else's is for this trip! Was I supposed to post that info myself? If so, how do I do it!
A. Yes if you want your info posted in the thread for your flight details you post it in a post saying here are your flight details and our trip coordinators or myself will post it in the first post. This also lets others know when you will be arriving as well.

Q. Have you by any chance figured out who is going to room together yet?
A. You are correct that we do not announce the rooming until you get to the hotel. Keep in mind that rooming is ALWAYS subject to change especially before the trip begins but even after it has begun. If we discover that we have a problem and have to change someone then obviously several people would have to be changed to make it work. But it works because EVERYONE knows it could be them so they are willing to be flexible. This is part of what makes this group so great. If your roomie does not work out despite being good 'on paper' you simply let us know and we start working on suitable changes. We ask that you give us at least 24 hrs to work out a rooming change. Within 24hrs the problem may have worked itself out or we will have found someone willing to swap roomies to make it all work. Either way it will work out if everyone is willing to be flexible. :respect:/>/>/>

Q. Also for those of us who signed up ahead of time who might be able to get an upgrade...when does that all take place? When we get there?
A. We do not announce the upgrade winner until right before the trip or until we get there.

Q. So how does the $75 Document Fee work?
A. Timely documents are critical to the success of our organization. Simply get your docs into us within 3 weeks of signing up for a trip and you'll save $75. If you need more time to complete your docs, we'll simply add the document fee to your final invoice. Wanna save some money get your docs in timely. Need more time? We'll just add the document fee to your invoice. NOTE: All documents are required no later than 30 days prior to the trip. Failure to submit them could result in the loss of your spot. If you are signing up within 30 days of the trip you have 3 days to get us your docs. PLEASE NOTE THAT FLIGHT DETAILS ARE NOT NEEDED UNTIL YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR FARE.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

INVENTORY UPDATE:

We have 9 rooms for our NYE New Year's Diving Extravaganza! That is up to 18 divers and non-divers. Once the boat is filled we can not get more rooms SO signing up EARLY ensures you get a spot! SEE BELOW IN RED FOR HOW MANY ROOMS AND SPOTS WE HAVE AVAILABLE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

(9 rooms total So from below...0 rooms left so up to 0

9 rooms available or 18 spots - 17 spots sold = 1 spots or 1 room remaining 0 SPOT AVAILABLE!!)

WAITING LIST:
1. Judy aka Skeeter (Had to drop off list)
2. TwoWheelGuy (Joined the Go list!)
3. Karen aka luvindivn (Had to drop off list)
4. Cathy aka Ms, Direction
5. Elias aka Elias

TRIP SUMMARY RECAPS:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench d/o (willing to do sleep tog discount with another girl...can't take the discount until 2 people agree to the "arrangement")
2. Gwyn aka gmk d/o
3. Jose aka JesterDiver d/o
4. Amy aka AnemoneAmy d/o
5. Peter aka Squidly d/o
6. Kimberly aka Kimbuddha d/o
7. Dive_Sail_Etc d/o
8. Shelli aka ShelliG d/o
9. Nick aka Twowheelguy d/o
10. Sandy aka Scubapunk d/o
11. Butch aka Cajun Diver d/o
12. Suzanne aka Dividivadiver d/o
13. Carol aka galngotham d/o

14. Wendy aka Sea Lioness d/o
15. Patty aka NJTurtle d/o
16. Maura aka NeedAdventure d/o doing sleep together unless a couple signs up
17. Splashy Babe d/o (the one that chose the venue!) d/o
18. Mike aka Going Postal d/o

Those who are diving Nitrox ($150)
1. Kamala aka WreckWench - PAID $150
2. Jose aka JesterDiver - Paid $150
3. Amy aka AnemoneAmy - PAID $150
4. Peter aka Squidly - PAID $150
5. Brad aka Dive_Sail_etc - Pd with Punk Points
6. Shelli aka ShelliG - PAID $150
7. Nick aka Twowheelguy - PAID $150
8. Gwyn aka GMK Overpaid $105 so owes $45 for nitrox
9. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - PAID $150
10. Butch aka Cajun Diver - PAID $150
11. Suzanne aka Dividivadiver - PAID $150
12. Carol aka galngotham - PAID $150
13. Kim aka Kimbuddah - PAID $150
14. Wendy aka SeaLioness - PAID $150
15. Mike aka Going Postal - PAID $150
16. Patti aka NJ Turtle - Paid $150
17. Maura aka NeedsAdventure - PAID $150

Those arriving Early or Staying Late and want to share a room for 1 or more nights

1. Wendy aka SeaLioness Arriving one day early
3. Kim aka Kimbuddha arriving 25th leaving 5th
4. Mike aka Going Postal arriving one day early stayng 2-3 ex on back end.
5. Sandy aka Scubapunk arriving one day early.

Those Wanting to Use Cochran Computers to Aid DAN PDE Research Efforts (Limited # Participants) -
1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Carol aka galngotham
3. Maura aka needsadventure
4. Nick aka Twowheelguy

Those wanting to participate in the "Dive Mentor" aka Rent a Buddy program (limited # participants) -

Those who INTERESTED in doing shore excursions from the boat (reasonalbly priced TBA)

OFFICIALLY COMPLETED THE BOOKING PROCESS: (NOTE: All Docs To Be Rec'd within 21 days to avoid $75 Doc Booking Fee OR due in 3 days if signing up within 45 days of the trip.)

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
Payments Summary To Date: PAID $1895
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: I am willing to do the sleep together pkg if another female is willing too
D/O or S/O: Choose D/O
Extra Days/Nights: NO
Nitrox $150: YES
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes I will bring and help deliver
Documents:
SD Waiver - YES REC'D
SD Survey - YES REC'D
SD Ins Summary (send to SD and EV) - We'll list when REC'D
EV Boat Waiver & Application - We'll list when REC'D by SD & EV - PLEASE SEND TO BOTH
Dive Insurance Current: LIST YOUR CARRIER AND POLICY #Dive Assure & DAN
Trip Insurance: CHOOSE ONE & DELETE THE REST
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.

Flight Details: Will Advise
Discounts & Incentives: DELETE ALL THAT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR
1. Early Pay in Full Discount: Sign up and pay in full by April 30th and get $50 off the price and get (5) chances to win 50% off your trip up to $900, + Free Autographed Scuba CD by our very own Pup Morse, and a chance to Win Free Oceanview Upgrade and Free Nitrox.
3. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #B: Sign up and deposit by September 1, and you will be entered to win an Upgrade to Main Level Cabins
5. Membership Discount #A: Save $75 by getting your trip docs (SD waiver, survey, ins statement, EV boat waiver) submitted within 21 days OR within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure
6. Membership Discount #B: Get a $25 rebate after the trip by submitting for your premeir membership bonus within 30 days after the trip.
7. Sleep Together Discount: - NOTE I WILL DO THIS IF ANOTHER FEMALE WANTS TO SHARE. (Discount will be taken upon formal confirmation someone is willing to share with you)

2. Brad aka Dive_Sail_etc.
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 - Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: Pd
Nitrox $150:YES Pd - with Punk points
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes
SD Documents:Received.
EV App: Received
Dive Insurance Current:DAN Member #2150900 with Preferred Ins. Plan
Trip Insurance: A I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
Discounts & Incentives:1,3,5,6,7

3. Gwyn aka gmk
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 - Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg:
$1895
D/O or S/O: D/O
Nitrox $150: Yes
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Sure
SD Docs: Received thank you
Dive Insurance: DAN, will provide number later
Trip Insurance: b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Flight Details: Haven't bought tickets yet. will advise when I do.
Discounts & Incentives: 1,3,5,6

4. Jose aka JesterDiver
Payments Summary To Date:
$2045 + $1592.90 (air) Paid in Full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
$1895 - $50 paid early, $1845
Extra Days/Nights: No
Nitrox $150: YES - Pd
Airfare: $1592.90 Pd
SD Docs: Received
EV APP: Received
Dive Insurance: Dan Preferred and Diveassure
Trip Insurance: b. I will purchase trip insurance cover this trip
Flight Details: Tell us your flights as you get them.
Discounts & Incentives: 1,2,3,5.6

5. Amy aka AnemoneAmy

Payments Summary To Date: $1995 4/30 Paid in Full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: $1895
($1845 early pay)
Nitrox $150: YES PD
SD Docs: All Docs Received Thank you
EV APP:
Received
Dive Insurance Current: DAN. POLICY
Trip Insurance: b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Discounts & Incentives:

6. Peter aka Squidly
$1995 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: $1895
($1845 early pay)
Nitrox $150: YES - PAID
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: NO
All SD Documents Received:
Thank you 2 Punk points awarded
EV App Received: Received
Dive Insurance Current:
#1914379. 1/31/2014
Trip Insurance:
Discounts & Incentives:

7. Kimberly aka Kimbuddha
Pd $2045 Paid in full
5day Pkg $1895: Pd
Extra Days/Nights:
not sure. I need a couple of days to research options.
Like Miami for a few first or a few days early in SXM - roommate?
Nitrox $150: YES Pd
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes I will bring and help deliver
SD Documents: All docs Received thank you
Dive Insurance Current:
Dan preferred #2150782
Trip Insurance:
B. I will get trip insurance. I got paid off once after a hurricane in FIJI cut our volunteer survey trip short a week.
Discounts: 2,3,5,6

8. Nick aka TwoWheelGuy
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
$1895 Pd
Nitrox $150: Yes Pd School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes
Documents: All Docs Rec'd Thank you
Dive Insurance Current: DAN 2396547
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip
Discounts & Incentives: 5, 6

9. Sandy aka ScubaPunk
$2045 5/15 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
Pd
D/O or S/O:
D/O
Extra Days/Nights:
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Maybe if they fit
SD Documents: Received
EV App - Received
Dive Insurance Current: Dive Assure
Trip Insurance: a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.

10. Butch/Joseph aka Cajun Diver
$2045 5/7 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
$1895 Pd
D/O or S/O:
D/O
Extra Days/Nights:
Probably a day before to make sure all gear arrives
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage:
No
Documents: All SD Docs Received - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current: DAN 1872595 March 2014
Trip Insurance: a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
Discounts & Incentives: 2,3,5,6

11. Suzanne [Suzy] aka DiviDivaDiver
$2045 5/7 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
Pd
Extra Days/Nights:
Nope
NO
SD Documents: All Docs Received - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current:
DAN Preferred # 1096174
Trip Insurance: B I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Flight Details: TBD.
Discounts: 2,3,5,6

12. Carol aka Galngotham
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 Paid in full
7nite/6day Pkg $1895: $1895 Pd
Fees ($210 fuel & port fees)
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites
Nitrox $150
YES Pd
D/O or S/O:
D/O
SD Documents:All Docs Received - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current Name of Provider & Policy #
Trip Insurance CHOOSE ONE
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. - Maybe
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.Posted Image
c.I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Bringing School/Life Supplies NO
Participating in the Costume Contest Maybe
Other No shell fish, no pork
Rental Gear: BC + Regulator,
Available Discounts:
3, 5, 6

13. Wendy aka SeaLioness
$2045 Paid in Full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
Extra Days/Nights:
Nitrox $150:
YES
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes if I have room
Documents: All Docs Received - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current: DAN PREFERRED
#1759789 exp August 2013 will nenew
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already
Discounts & Incentives: 3,5,7

14. Patty aka N.J.Turtle
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 Paid in Full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
Extra Days/Nights:
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes or NO
Documents: Survey & Ins Summ Rec'd, Need Waiver
EV Boat Waiver & Application - Need EV App
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Discounts & Incentives: 3, 5, 6

15. Maura aka NeedAdventure
Payments Summary To Date: $2295 - Overpmt of $350
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: $1795 Sleep together discount $100 + (1 punk point awarded)
Documents: All Docs Rec'd - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current: DAN 2337613
Trip Insurance:
Discounts & Incentives: 3, 5, 6, 7

16. Mike aka Going Postal
Payments Summary To Date: $2045 Paid in Full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
Extra Days/Nights: Yes
Documents: Rec'd Survey & Med Summary, Need Waiver
EV Boat Waiver & Application - Need EV App
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Trip Insurance:
Discounts: 3,5,6

17. Kathy aka Splashy Babe
Payments Summary To Date: $1895 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
ALL PKGS ARE $1895
D/O or S/O: D/o
Nitrox $150: NO
Documents: All Docs Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current: DAN # 2267324
Available Discounts: 3, 5, 6

18. Shelli aka ShelliG
Payments Summary To Date: Paid $2045 Paid in full
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: YES
Nitrox $150: YES PD
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Maybe – depends on room and weight
Documents: All Doc Received - Thank you
Dive Insurance Current: DAN 2322093 Valid Until: 2013-12-31 / DiveAssure 195410 End Date: 8/28/2014
Trip Insurance:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. DiveAssure
Discounts & Incentives: 3,5,6

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Reserved for future needs or add'l booking templates.

formerly...

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

Welcome to the SABA & ST KITTS NEW YEAR'S EVE BASH!! Trip Details and Booking/Sign Up thread/topic. Below you'll find the 5 easy steps for signing up for one of our trips and the booking template we use to capture your booking requirements correctly. Let us know if you need any help signing up via trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise come and join us diving in Awesome Saba & St Kitts...Hope to see you there!!!

How to Sign Up for A SingleDivers.com Trip in 5 Easy Steps:

Step 1. Register as a Premier Member:
A. Are you new and have not registered on the site yet? Then think of a fun screen name click HERE for ideas and then register HERE. Follow the prompts and choose the 'premier member' option or above in this process and you'll be done.

B. Currently a basic member? Then simply upgrade to premier by clicking on the MEMBERSHIP TAB along the top of the forums HERE and following the prompts for payment.

Step 2: Pay for the trip
We offer a secure payment portal to pay via check or credit card. Our system accepts MC or Visa and all checking accounts and some credit unions. Since all our pricing is offered at a cash discount, the system will add a 3% non-cash convenience fee for credit payments. We accept check payments via the "echeck" option in the payment portal/gateway at no additional charge so please do not "mail" us a check as it can take days and weeks to receive it in rural SC where SingleDivers.com is now corporately based. HERE is the link to our payment portal which is also found on our home page, in my signature line under my posts, across the top of the forums as the blue PAY HERE link and at the top of the trip details.

HOW TO USE THE PAYMENT SYSTEM:
  • After clicking the payment link you will need to enter your SingleDivers.com Screen/Display name so we can link you to the trip and your membership name.
  • Choose the trip you are paying for from the dropdown menu and the amount you are paying for. ONLY enter what you are paying for in each payment.
  • If you wish to provide extra payment details or summarize what you've already paid to date please do so in the details/extra information box and not in the payment template itself or it will think you are trying to pay all of the amounts listed again and total them up. (If this happens simply hit the back button and start over again. You will receive an order summary email every time you attempt a payment so do not worry. The ONLY time you've made a payment is when you receive a 2nd generic email saying "Thank you for your payment". If you get more than one of these please let us know and we'll be happy to refund your duplicate payment. Chances are we have already discovered it and let you know that we've refunded it accordingly.)
Step 3: Post in the trip thread/topic that you are joining us using our 'booking template':
Want to express intent in joining one of our trips? Ideally this is done in the trip details topic which is called a "thread" in the forums we use. In other words THIS TOPIC YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. Let our volunteers help you learn the posting process as its critical to all of our 'back and forth' communications. (It can also be done via email and we'll "post" your intent for you in the trip topic/thread if you absolutely can't post it yourself.)

You'll find the BOOKING TEMPLATE below and an example of how to complete it. We hope in the near future that this step will be automated but until then please 'copy and paste' this into the the trip thread/this topic by clicking on the blue ADD REPLY button at the top of the forums (make sure the dialog box is empty before you start typing so your reply is not lost in other content. NOTE YOUR TRIP REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS STEP.

Step 4: Trip Documents...Where to find them and what to fill out and why:
The trip documents are needed for rooming, diving, understanding your preferences, as well as helping us help you in the case of an emergency etc. They are required to be returned within 21 days of signing up for a trip or if you need more time we'll add a $75 document fee to your invoice. They must be returned within 3 days if you are signing up within 45 days of departure. The trip docs are located HERE You will need to complete the first 3 documents...the Rooming/Diving Survey, The Medical/Liability Release and the Insurance Summary form. (There is also a check list you can download that will help you as well.) NOTE: All docs need to be returned to either trips@singledivers.com or via fax to 888-480-0906.

Step 5: ONGOING COMMUNICATIONS...
Its a two way street...here's how we tell each other what we need:

We use several tools to keep EVERYONE on a trip updated. They are vitally important for you to monitor and stay apprised of. They are as follows:

A. The "Welcome to the Trip" PM (private message) which is sent to as soon as you sign up for the trip. You can not receive these unless you are a Premier member or above. As soon as you either pay or show interest in the trip thread/topic we'll send you this PM. It has helpful info about signing up for the trip and will be used THROUGHOUT the pre-trip process to keep you updated on critical things regarding your trip with us.

B. The 2nd & 3rd 'posts' in this trip thread (the first has the trip details in it) will contain summarized updates so you don't have to follow every post in the original trip thread. PLEASE monitor these for IMPORTANT UPDATES that affect your trip.

C. The Special Discussion Forums. They are private forums that open up approx 30-60 days before a trip and they are FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION you need for your trip like how the transfer work, money/tipping issues, who's doing what extra tours or diving, etc. We also use these forums to discuss PRIVATE matters such as exchanging celfone numbers so you can meet up at the airport together etc. ONLY members on the trip have access to these private trip discussion forums. Since they are password protected you will receive the special password for the private forum via the TRIP PM.

And that's it. If you need help feel free to email trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com and one of us will help you! :thankyou:/>

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKING TEMPLATE AND CUT AND PASTE IT INTO A NEW POST WITH YOUR REPLIES.

1. YOUR FIRST NAME aka YOUR SCREEN NAME
Payments Summary To Date: We will list your payments as they are rec'd HERE
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: ALL PKGS ARE $1895 (except for the sleep together pkgs)
D/O or S/O: Choose D/O or S/O
Extra Days/Nights: Tell us if you need extra nights and we'll help hotels etc
Nitrox $150: YES or NO
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes or NO
Documents:
SD Waiver - We'll list when REC'D
SD Survey - We'll list when REC'D
EV Boat Waiver & Application - We'll list when REC'D by SD & EV - PLEASE SEND TO BOTH
Dive Insurance Current: LIST YOUR CARRIER AND POLICY # (CAN ADD LATER)
2. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #A: Sign up and deposit by May 30th for (1) chance to win 50% off your trip up to $900.
3. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #B: Sign up and deposit by September 1, and you will be entered to win an Upgrade to Main Level Cabins
4. Active Military Discount: $25
5. Membership Discount #A: Save $75 by getting your trip docs (SD waiver, survey, ins statement, EV boat waiver) submitted within 21 days OR within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure
6. Membership Discount #B: Get a $25 rebate after the trip by submitting for your premeir membership bonus within 30 days after the trip.
7. Sleep Together Discount: Take $150 off the price of the trip per person if you will share a room that has one queen/double bed in it. We have (2) cabins on this boat that have that configuration.

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO COMPLETE THE BOOKING TEMPLATE:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
Payments Summary To Date: PAID $1895
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: I am willing to do the sleep together pkg if another female is willing too
Documents:
SD Waiver - YES REC'D
SD Survey - YES REC'D
Dive Insurance Current: LIST YOUR CARRIER AND POLICY #Dive Assure & DAN

Flight Details: Will Advise

7. Sleep Together Discount: - NOTE I WILL DO THIS IF ANOTHER FEMALE WANTS TO SHARE. (Discount will be taken upon formal confirmation someone is willing to share with you)

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

THOSE PREMIER MEMBERS INTERESTED IN BEING NOTIFIED OF THIS TRIP BEING OPENED FOR BOOKING: - We will be contacting you via PM...

1. Kamala aka WreckWench (oh wait...I'll already know but I'll tell anyone else on the iist!) ;)
2. Traci aka Sqbagal
3. Suzanne aka CoralReefer
4. Butch aka Cajun Diver
5. Carol aka galngotham
6. Elias aka Elias
7. Amy aka AnemoneAmy
8. Jose aka Jesterdiver
9. Sandy aka ScubaPunk
10. Heather aka Seaseer
11. Tony aka KYDiver57
12. Kim aka Kimbuddah
13. Peter aka Squidly
14. Lou aka Waterlou
15. Mike aka ScubaTurtle
16. Wendy aka Sealioness
17. Mike aka coziac
18. Joel aka AquaSpud
19. Gwyn aka gmk
20. John aka Tandoorii

formerly...

#7 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

1. Gwyn aka gmk
Payments Summary To Date: $500
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: I would rather not do the sleep together package
D/O or S/O: I don't know what this means.
Extra Days/Nights: probably not
Nitrox $150: Maybe
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Sure
Documents: woking on them
Dive Insurance Current: LIST YOUR CARRIER AND POLICY # DAN, will provide number later
Flight Details: Haven't bought tickets yet. will advise when I do.
Discounts & Incentives: I'm not exactly sure - I plan to pay in full by 30 April and send in my forms with 3 weeks and I'm a premier member.
  • WreckWench likes this

#8 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

That's great Gwyn!

D/O is double occupancy and S/O is Single occupancy. Since you put down the d/o price, I take that's what you wanted.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Excellent Gywn!!!

We are REALLY glad you'll be ringing in the New Year with us! :dazzler:

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Hey gang... the 'sleep together' discount is for COUPLES or a few gals that might want to save some money. IT IS NOT REQUIRED NOR EXPECTED. I just threw it out there in case someone was interested!

:thankyou:

formerly...

#11 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I paid the whole $500 deposit but didnt get the password for the documents. theres something wrong with the link?
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#12 AnemoneAmy

AnemoneAmy

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I am in!

Details soon. Payment ASAP.

#13 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

1. Jose aka JesterDiver
7nite/5day Pkg $1895: $1895 - $50 paid early, $1845
Documents:
Dive Insurance Current: Dan Preferred and Diveassure
Trip Insurance:
I have trip insurance, diveassure #183163
Discounts & Incentives:
1. Early Pay in Full Discount: Sign up and pay in full by April 30th and get $50 off the price and get (5) chances to win 50% off your trip up to $900, + Free Autographed Scuba CD by our very own Pup Morse, and a chance to Win Free Oceanview Upgrade and Free Nitrox
2. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #A: Sign up and deposit by May 30th for (1) chance to win 50% off your trip up to $900.

Edited by jesterdiver, 29 April 2013 - 12:41 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#14 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ok Kamala, looks like I'm starting AND ending 2013 with you! Posted Image

#15 AnemoneAmy

AnemoneAmy

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Amy aka AnemoneAmy

7nite/5day Pkg $1895: ALL PKGS ARE $1895
Extra Days/Nights: Tell us if you need extra nights and we'll help hotels etc
Documents:
Dive Insurance Current: DAN. POLICY # (CAN ADD LATER)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users