• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-07: NC WRECKS & SHARKS.... REDUEX!!! July 17-22, 2014

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

It is with a sad heart that I must say we can not make these dates work for our trip. :tears:/>

The owner, boat capt and personal friend of mine died unexpectedly and while his wife has been working to sell the boat and the business any deal that may material will not materialize in time for us to risk proceeding with this trip for our dates in July.

I asked a friend of mine to pick up this charter but he can not do our date. He can however change us to the following:

1. June 13-16 diving days with June 12 and 17 as travel days
2. Oct 3-6 diving days with Oct 2 and 7 as travel days
3. Cancel outright

Let us know if any of these dates can work for you.

UPDATE: I could not get a large enough sized group that could do either of the re-do dates so we have scrubbed entirely. :tears:

I will be looking at dates for next year.

:cool1:/> ScubaDiving Magazine has highlighted the top 10 wrecks off NC HERE Check it out and come join us diving the GRAVEYARD OF THE ATLANTIC!!!

Posted Image

• Click HERE for current AVAILABILITY on this trip!
  • Click HERE for Why our Trips are Unique & What Others Have Said About our Trips!
  • Click HERE for How to Sign up for our Trips AND Important SD Trip Booking Related Info.
  • Click HERE to Pay via our Secure Payment Portal
  • Click HERE to find the Documents for this trip (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message)
  • Click HERE for the Special Forums which are open approx 60 days prior to the trip to discuss more private trip details (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message when open)
  • Click HERE to Register as a Premier Member or HERE to Upgrade to a Premier Member of SingleDivers.com
  • Click HERE to "LIKE" our FaceBook PAGE...
  • Click HERE to Join our FaceBook Group...

Follow the diver who followed the fish who followed the conning tower of the U352 to North Carolina's Graveyard of the Atlantic!!! But hurry...we only have 18 spots and they WILL fill FAST!!! NOTE: Spots may be limited by either 'drive in or fly in'. We will keep you posted if we have to limit one pkg option or the other and/or add a small surchg of $15-45 per fly in diver to make the local transfer from RDU work out. [img]http://www.singledivers.com/surfaceinterval/uploads/1148665096/gal

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

Welcome to the DIVING ON HISTORY (NC Wreck & SharkDiving) Trip Details and Booking/Sign Up thread/topic. Below you'll find the 5 easy steps for signing up for one of our trips and the booking template we use to capture your booking requirements correctly. Let us know if you need any help signing up via trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise come and join us diving the GRAVEYARD OF THE ATLANTIC! See you in NC!!!

How to Sign Up for A SingleDivers.com Trip in 5 Easy Steps:

Step 1. Register as a Premier Member:
A. Are you new and have not registered on the site yet? Then think of a fun screen name click HERE for ideas and then register HERE. Follow the prompts and choose the 'premier member' option or above in this process and you'll be done.

B. Currently a basic member? Then simply upgrade to premier by clicking on the MEMBERSHIP TAB along the top of the forums HERE and following the prompts for payment.

Step 2: Pay for the trip
We offer a secure payment portal to pay via check or credit card. Our system accepts MC or Visa and all checking accounts and some credit unions. Since all our pricing is offered at a cash discount, the system will add a 3% non-cash convenience fee for credit payments. We accept check payments via the "echeck" option in the payment portal/gateway at no additional charge so please do not "mail" us a check as it can take days and weeks to receive it in rural SC where SingleDivers.com is now corporately based. HERE is the link to our payment portal which is also found on our home page, in my signature line under my posts, across the top of the forums as the blue PAY HERE link and at the top of the trip details.

HOW TO USE THE PAYMENT SYSTEM:
  • After clicking the payment link you will need to enter your SingleDivers.com Screen/Display name so we can link you to the trip and your membership name.
  • Choose the trip you are paying for from the dropdown menu and the amount you are paying for. ONLY enter what you are paying for in each payment.
  • If you wish to provide extra payment details or summarize what you've already paid to date please do so in the details/extra information box and not in the payment template itself or it will think you are trying to pay all of the amounts listed again and total them up. (If this happens simply hit the back button and start over again. You will receive an order summary email every time you attempt a payment so do not worry. The ONLY time you've made a payment is when you receive a 2nd generic email saying "Thank you for your payment". If you get more than one of these please let us know and we'll be happy to refund your duplicate payment. Chances are we have already discovered it and let you know that we've refunded it accordingly.)
Step 3: Post in the trip thread/topic that you are joining us using our 'booking template':
Want to express intent in joining one of our trips? Ideally this is done in the trip details topic which is called a "thread" in the forums we use. In other words THIS TOPIC YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. Let our volunteers help you learn the posting process as its critical to all of our 'back and forth' communications. (It can also be done via email and we'll "post" your intent for you in the trip topic/thread if you absolutely can't post it yourself.)

You'll find the BOOKING TEMPLATE below and an example of how to complete it. We hope in the near future that this step will be automated but until then please 'copy and paste' this into the the trip thread/this topic by clicking on the blue ADD REPLY button at the top of the forums (make sure the dialog box is empty before you start typing so your reply is not lost in other content. NOTE YOUR TRIP REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS STEP.

Step 4: Trip Documents...Where to find them and what to fill out and why:
The trip documents are needed for rooming, diving, understanding your preferences, as well as helping us help you in the case of an emergency etc. They are required to be returned within 21 days of signing up for a trip or if you need more time we'll add a $75 document fee to your invoice. They must be returned within 3 days if you are signing up within 45 days of departure. The trip docs are located HERE You will need to complete the first 3 documents...the Rooming/Diving Survey, The Medical/Liability Release and the Insurance Summary form. (There is also a check list you can download that will help you as well.) NOTE: All docs need to be returned to either trips@singledivers.com or via fax to 888-480-0906.

Step 5: ONGOING COMMUNICATIONS...
Its a two way street...here's how we tell each other what we need:

We use several tools to keep EVERYONE on a trip updated. They are vitally important for you to monitor and stay apprised of. They are as follows:

A. The "Welcome to the Trip" PM (private message) which is sent to as soon as you sign up for the trip. You can not receive these unless you are a Premier member or above. As soon as you either pay or show interest in the trip thread/topic we'll send you this PM. It has helpful info about signing up for the trip and will be used THROUGHOUT the pre-trip process to keep you updated on critical things regarding your trip with us.

B. The 2nd & 3rd 'posts' in this trip thread (the first has the trip details in it) will contain summarized updates so you don't have to follow every post in the original trip thread. PLEASE monitor these for IMPORTANT UPDATES that affect your trip.

C. The Special Discussion Forums. They are private forums that open up approx 30-60 days before a trip and they are FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION you need for your trip like how the transfer work, money/tipping issues, who's doing what extra tours or diving, etc. We also use these forums to discuss PRIVATE matters such as exchanging celfone numbers so you can meet up at the airport together etc. ONLY members on the trip have access to these private trip discussion forums. Since they are password protected you will receive the special password for the private forum via the TRIP PM.

And that's it. If you need help feel free to email trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com and one of us will help you! :thankyou:

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKING TEMPLATE AND CUT AND PASTE IT INTO A NEW POST WITH YOUR REPLIES.

NAME aka SCREEN NAME
Payments Summary To Date: We will post your payments as we receive them
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG):
D/O or S/O:
CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip)
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay -

Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes or no
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes or no
Air Fills: (same price as nitrox) yes or no
Air Rentals: (same price as nitrox) yes or no
Documents: SD Waiver: ___ SD Survey___ - SD Ins Summary ___ List when Rec'd & Faxed to SD.com
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy #
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C:
a. I have insurance that covers this trip.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip
c. I do not plan to buy trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd)
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy"
Available Discounts (PLEASE DELETE THOSE THAT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR):
a. I paid in full by 2-14-14 and got to choose from the limited number of steel 120's or 100's available on this trip AND I will be entered TWICE into a contest to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR
b. I deposited by 2-14-14 and get first dibs on limited STEEL tanks after those paid in full decide what they want or don't want.
c. I deposited by 4-14-14 and I will be entered ONCE into a contest to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR (if paid in full by 2-14-14 you get to add this chance to the 2 you got for early pay)
d. I liked Facebook's Facebook Page HERE and joined SingleDiver's Group HERE for ONE Chance to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR. (Applies even if you have already liked us and/or joined)
e. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
f. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $50 off
g. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

SAMPLE OF HOW TO COMPLETE THE BOOKING TEMPLATE:

Kamala aka WreckWench
Payments Summary To Date: Paid in full - Got early dibs on steel tanks
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): 5/4 FLY IN PKG (even though driving)
D/O or S/O:
d/o
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay - NONE

Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): no
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes
Air Fills: (same price as nitrox) no
Air Rentals: (same price as nitrox) no
Documents: SD Waiver: _REC"D_ SD Survey_REC'D_ - SD Ins Summary _REC'D_
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DiveAssure
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C: A

Flight Details: Arrive via car the 17th early to do airport pick ups and depart after doing drop offs on the 22nd
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" - Mostly vegetarian, red wine with dinner
a. I paid in full by 2-14-14 and got to choose from the limited number of steel 120's or 100's available on this trip AND I will be entered TWICE into a contest to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR
b. I deposited by 2-14-14 and get first dibs on limited STEEL tanks after those paid in full decide what they want or don't want.
c. I deposited by 4-14-14 and I will be entered ONCE into a contest to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR (if paid in full by 2-14-14 you get to add this chance to the 2 you got for early pay)
d. I liked Facebook's Facebook Page HERE and joined SingleDiver's Group HERE for ONE Chance to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR. (Applies even if you have already liked us and/or joined)
e. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.

g. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

A few extra notes:
And finally...since this trip is anticipated to fill out quickly, your spot will NOT be guaranteed until we receive you $500 deposit AND which pkg you are choosing VIA YOUR BOOKING PKG and whether you have or will get TRIP insurance. In order to be fair all payments will be received via our SECURE ONLINE payment gateway ONLY so they will be timestamped accordingly. The payments are NOT realtime so to compensate for the lag...ONLY PAYMENTS EITHER CHECK OR CREDIT CARD RECEIVED VIA THE SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE HONORED. As noted in the first post, if you have ANY problems please document them and contact kamala@singledivers.com asap to manually enter your payment in the gateway or resolve the problem for you. And as always please note our terms and conditions and other things you need to know about SingleDivers.com trips HERE.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

AVAILABILITY & WHO'S GOING UPDATES:

We have up to 18 spots for our DIVING ON HISTORY Trip. That is up to 18 divers and non-divers total. We can NOT exceed the number of rooms/spots SO signing up EARLY ensures you get a spot! (NOTE: We have an extremely limited number of single occupancy room)

# Spots (18 total) - HURRY TO GET YOURS!!

18 spots total:

0 s/o rooms booked (2 s/o available) = 0 people going and 2 spots available
5.0 d/o rooms booked = 10 people going and 3.0 spots (6 people) available
Offsite spots/people booked using offsite accommodations = 1 people going and 1 spot available

Total Spots Booked = 11 divers going so far or... 7 SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE

TRIP SUMMARY RECAPS:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench d/o 5/4 FLY IN pkg
2. Brad aka dive_sail_etc d/o 5/4 FLY IN pkg
3. Jose aka Jesterdiver d/o 4/4 DRIVE IN pkg
4. Maura aka NeedAdventure d/o 4/4 DRIVE IN pkg
5. Vanessa aka vanessa789 d/o 4/4 DRIVE IN pkg + extra night 21 Jul
6. Marc aka Muktuk d/o 5/4 FLY IN pkg
7. Joe aka Jocassee Joe d/o 4/4 DRIVE IN pkg + extra night 21 Jul
8. Andrew aka Diver666 d/o 4/4 DRIVE IN pkg
9. Norm aka Photographic Mercenary d/o 4/4 OFFSITE DRIVE IN pkg.
10. Lou aka Waterlou d/o 5/4 FLY IN pkg
11. Art aka Art 4/4 DRIVEDRIVE IN pkg + extra night 21 Jul

Tank Choices by Sign Ups 12 sets Steel 100's + 1 set Steel 120's
1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
2. Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
3. Maura aka Needadventure - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
4. Marc aka Muktuk - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
5. Lou aka Waterlou - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
6. Arthur aka Art - Nitrox 100's rentals - PAID IN FULL SO 1 SET TANKS CONFIRMED
13. (This is the only set of Steel 120's)
NO MORE STEEL TANKS

Waiting List (Deposit paid) for Steel 100's or the only set of Steel 120's
1. Jose aka Jesterdiver - Deposit 2/9

Lead Needs or Bringing Your Own - YOU NEED 4# LESS LEAD IF DIVING STEEL)
1. Kamala aka WreckWench - 12 lbs
2. Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Bringing own weights (and a few extra)
3. Jose aka Jesterdiver - Bringing own weights
4. Maura aka NeedAdventure - Bringing own weights (and a few extra)
5. Vanessa aka vanessa789 - Bringing own weights
6. Marc aka Muktuk - 10 lbs
7. Joe aka Jocassee Joe - Bringing own weights
8. Andrew aka Diver666 - Bringing own weights
9. Norm aka Photographic Mercenary - Bringing own weights
10. Lou aka Waterlou - 23 lbs
11. Arthur aka Art - Bringing own weights

Those Wanting to Use Cochran Computers to Aid DAN PDE Research Efforts (Limited # Participants) -
1. Kamala aka wreckwench
2. Maura aka NeedAdventure
3. Lou aka Waterlou

Those wanting to participate in the "Dive Mentor" aka Rent a Buddy program (limited # participants & MUST TALK TO KAMALA FIRST) -

Booking Template...REPLACE WITH YOUR INFORMATION:

NAME aka SCREEN NAME
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG):
D/O or S/O:
CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip)
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes or no
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes or no
Air Fills: (same price as nitrox) yes or no
Air Rentals: (same price as nitrox) yes or no
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own
Documents: SD Waiver: ___ SD Survey___ - SD Ins Summary ___ List when Rec'd & Faxed to SD.com
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd)
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy"
f. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $50 off

OFFICIALLY COMPLETED THE BOOKING PROCESS:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
Payments Summary To Date: Paid in full - Got early dibs on steel tanks
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): 5/4 FLY IN PKG even though I am driving $998
D/O or S/O:
d/o
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay - NONE
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes - confirmed Steel 100's
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80 OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need 12#
Documents: SD Waiver: _REC"D_ SD Survey_REC'D_ - SD Ins Summary _REC'D_
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DiveAssure

Flight Details: Arrive via car the 17th early to do airport pick ups and depart after doing drop offs on the 22nd
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" - Mostly vegetarian, red wine with dinner

2. Brad aka dive_sail_etc
Payments Summary To Date: Paid in Full (Trip Leader)
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): FlyIn Pkg 5/4
D/O or S/O: D/O
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay None
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes - confirmed Steel 100's
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80 OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce!) Got my own
Documents: - SD Waiver: Received - SD Survey Received - SD Ins Summary Received
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN #2150900 EXP 10/31/2014
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd) Driving in and back with the Wench, supporting Fly In Tranfers
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" None

3. Jose aka JesterDiver
Payments Summary To Date: $500 Trip Deposit 2/7
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): Drive In Pkg 4/4
Extra Days/Nights: NONE
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): No
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): Yes on Waiting list HP Tank
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80 OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce!) Got my own
Dive Insurance Current: Diveassure Premier #202321 & DAN Preferred 1525394
a. I have trip insurance to cover this trip: Diveassure #202319
Flight Details: N/A
Other:

4. Maura aka NeedAdventure
Payments Summary To Date: $859 2/9 + $136 2/9 = Trip PIF + EAN Tanks + Confirmed Steel 100's)
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): DriveIn Pkg 4/4
Extra Days/Nights: None
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy: DAN #2337613
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd) Driving in
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" Requesting a Cochran

5. Vanessa aka vanessa789
Payments Summary To Date: $500 Deposit 2/12, $359 Trip PIF + $72 EAN Fills + $65 1 extra night D/O 4/11
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): DriveIn Pkg 4/4****
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay one night D/O 21 Jul
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes bringing own AL80's
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): no
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN #2440898 EXP 06/30/2015
****Driving in and back with Brad and Kamala, helping with Fly In Tranfers
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" None
b. I deposited by 2-14-14 and get first dibs on limited STEEL tanks after those paid in full decide what they want or don't want. Bringing own AL80's

6. Marc aka Muktuk
Payments Summary To Date: $998 + $136 2/7 = Trip PIF + EAN Tanks (Confirmed Steel 100's)
D/O or S/O: CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip) D/O
Nitrox Fills: yes or no NO
Nitrox Rentals: yes or no YES Confirmed steel 100's
Air Fills: yes or no NO
Air Rentals: yes or no NO
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own 10 lbs
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN 2070009
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C: B
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 3rd and depart 5pm or later on 8th) TBD
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" DIETARY: NO FISH
a. I paid in full by 2-14-14 and got to choose from the limited number of steel 120's or 100's available on this trip AND I will be entered into a contest to win a new FREE TRI-LENGTH LIONFISH TRAVEL SPEAR
c. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
d. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $50 off
e. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

7. Joe aka Jocassee Joe
Payments Summary To Date: $500 Trip Deposit 2/12 $359 Trip Bal + $65 Extra Day 4/7
D/O or S/O: CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip) D/O
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes or no YES 30% bringing aluminum 100's and 19 pony
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes or no NO
Air Fills: (same price as nitrox) yes or no NO
Air Rentals: (same price as nitrox) yes or no NO
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own Got my own
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN #1131864
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd)N/A

8. Andrew aka Diver666
Payments Summary To Date: $859 + $72 = Trip PIF 2/23 EAN Fills 2/23
Nitrox Fills: yes or no yes, bringing own HP120's
Nitrox Rentals: yes or no NO
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own ???????
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN Preferred #2385755
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C: C
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 3rd and depart 5pm or later on 8th) N/A

9. Norm aka Photographic Mercenary
Payments Summary To Date: $550 = Deposit 3/2
D/O or S/O: Have own arrangements approved by Kamala
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay none
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes bringing own tanks
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own Got my own
Documents: SD Waiver: ___ SD Survey___ - SD Ins Summary ___
Dive Insurance Current: DAN # 070479

Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 3rd and depart 5pm or later on 8th) N/A

10. Lou aka Waterlou
Payments Summary To Date: $998 + $136 = Trip PIF 3/5 + EAN Tanks Confirmed Steel 100's 3/8
D/O or S/O: CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip)D/O
Nitrox Fills: yes or no NO
Nitrox Rentals: yes or no YES Confirmed Steel 100's
Weights: How much do you need? (If diving steel deduct 4lbs from diving AL80) OR if planning to bring weights as they will be scarce! Need # or Got my own 19lbs
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy # DAN #2415363

Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 3rd and depart 5pm or later on 8th)
Arrival
AirCan7974 Jul 17 9:00am Toronto (YYZ) Jul 17 10:40AM Raleigh (RDU)
Departure
US2034 Jul 22 7:40pm Raleigh (RDU) Jul 22 8:41pm Charlotte (CLT)
US3230 Jul 22 10:15pm Charlotte (CLT) Jul 23 12:16am Toronto (YYZ)

Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" Requesting Cochran computer

11. Art aka Art
Payments Summary To Date: $500 = Deposit 3/9, $359 Trip PIF + $136 EAN Rentals + $65 one extra night D/O 4/13
D/O or S/O: CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip)D/O
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes or no - No
Nitrox Rentals (includes fills): yes or no - Yes - on list for Steel 100's
Air Fills: (same price as nitrox): yes or no - No
Air Rentals: (same price as nitrox): yes or no - No
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C: C (per checkbox in Dive Survey)

Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 17th and depart 5pm or later on 22nd) Driving in
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy" Low Carb diet. Got to keep those pounds away!

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 15 April 2014 - 04:37 PM.

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Reserved for future use.

formerly...

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

NC & GENERAL SD TRIP RELATED FAQ!

Q. Why the big deal over trip insurance and when do I have to buy it if I want it?
A. NC is a long ways off and MANY things can happen. Many can afford this type of loss so you SHOULD get insurance within a short period of time of signing up for the trip. CHECK YOUR POLICY FOR TIMING RESTRICTIONS. People are used to things being pretty good and not worrying about things like insurance. However for some reason MORE people have experienced having to cancel a trip or having their vacation ruined due to accidents, illness, death in the family and even death of the member. And while our vendors and SD truly want to help you, we are extremely limited in what we can do if you did not take out trip insurance. NOTE: The last possible date to buy insurance VARIES by the policy you purchase. Some require it within a limited number of days after signing up.

Q. I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at this trip but had a few questions. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?
A. Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 65, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week. (NOTE THE RAB WILL BE LIMITED ON THIS TRIP...PLEASE TALK TO KAMALA@SINGLEDIVERS.COM BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR IT!

Q. I'm trying to decide if I should do a double to save money or a single just in case the roomie thing does not work out. What do you recommend?
A. You have CHOICES on our trips. One of our primary goals is to AVOID SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS. We use an extensive rooming and trip survey to help us with rooming decisions. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. After all...it could be them the next time. So let us know which way you want to go and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate. And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! :cool1:/> NOTE THAT SINGLE ROOMS ARE VERY LIMITED!

Q. I noticed in the "who's going" section that most of the people have nitrox, is that a problem if I don't?
A. Absolutely not but many divers find it will allow them to dive more since we are doing 3 boat dives a day. We'll probably have an instructor on the trip so if you want to take the class while you are there it's a great way to combine diving and training. OR you can do the class online and do your practicals on the trip. Air divers will be buddied with other air divers and/or I'll dive with any air diver that needs a buddy. SD.com will help you with the buddy arrangements using the info from the survey we have you fill out. You are never locked into these suggestions and are free to change at any time. Most of our members rave at how well our dive buddy suggestions turn out to be!

Q. Do I need to sign in as a premier member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?

A. Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found the link in my signature along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password.) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TRIPS IN 2013 WE REQUIRE YOU TO BE A PREMIER MEMBER SO WE CAN EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE VITAL TRIP DETAILS DURING THE BOOKING PROCESS AND ALL PRE-TRIP PHASES. AS A PREMIER MEMBER YOU WILL QUALIFY FOR MEMBER ONLY DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY BOOKING, FIRST DIBS ON LIMITED SPOTS, $25 MEMBER REBATE AFTER EVERY TRIP IF YOU FILE FOR IT AND WE'LL SEND YOU PRIVATE MESSAGES WITH IMPORTANT TRIP HAPPENINGS AS A SPECIAL COURTESY FOR OUR PREMEIR MEMBERS AND ABOVE ONLY!

Q. What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?
A. You can pay with credit card via our secure online web payment gateway. Simply click on the CLICK HERE TO PAY SD NOW button on the home page or in my signature below or along the top of each page of the forums and it will allow you to pay via cc or your checking account. All prices are discounted for cash so if not paying via check please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee. If using a credit card not drawn on a US bank you may have to fill out our credit card authorization form so we can process your payment manually (found in the forms forum link in my signature) and email it as a pdf to me to kamala@singledivers.com or fax it to me to 864-944-6769. Again please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via this method.

Q. Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?
A. Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $30 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $30 fee to your total invoice. OR SAVE BOOKING FEES AND MONEY BY BOOKING VIA OUR ONLINE AIRFARE BOOKING SYSTEM HERE!

Q. Can I get a Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work? A. Yes you can rent-a-buddy AKA a "Dive Mentor" for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. The price is $50 per day or $150 for the trip. If you need your rent-a-buddy to do your first night dive it is recommended that you consider the night dive specialty or even just the night dive sign off of AOW...Advanced Open Water via one of our instructors. THEN you can do one with your rent-a-buddy! - PLEASE CONTACT KAMALA@SINGELDIVERS.COM FOR LIMITED AVAILABLITY FOR RAB'S ON THIS TRIP.

Q. I will need Rental Gear. What do I do?
A. Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can for FREE to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.

Q. I want to bring School & LIFE Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?
A. WE WILL NOT DO OUR NORMAL SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR THE LOCAL ORPHANAGE THIS TRIP. Last year we discovered the need for the orphanage which covers ALL AGES includes simply clothing, toiletries and basic supplies which are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas tote bags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Life Supplies: We will compile a full list of things needed by the orphanage for the kids and let you know!

Q. Is there a place on the site behind the scenes to discuss meeting up at airports, sign up for rental trucks, impart tips & tidbits about diving in the Maldives?

a. Yes, please check out this forum: INSERT LINK HERE The password will be sent to everyone via the TRIP PM, but if ever needed again, please send an email to: Trips@singledivers.com and we will send it to you again. Check this link often for updates! It will not appear in the "view new posts".

Q. I noticed that none of my flight info is listed in the area where everyone else's is for this trip! Was I supposed to post that info myself? If so, how do I do it!
A. Yes if you want your info posted in the thread for your flight details you post it in a post saying here are your flight details and our trip coordinators or myself will post it in the first post. This also lets others know when you will be arriving as well.

Q. Have you by any chance figured out who is going to room together yet? A. You are correct that we do not announce the rooming until you get to the hotel/Boat. Keep in mind that rooming is ALWAYS subject to change especially before the trip begins but even after it has begun. If we discover that we have a problem and have to change someone then obviously several people would have to be changed to make it work. But it works because EVERYONE knows it could be them so they are willing to be flexible. This is part of what makes this group so great. If your roomie does not work out despite being good 'on paper' you simply let us know and we start working on suitable changes. We ask that you give us at least 24 hrs to work out a rooming change. Within 24hrs the problem may have worked itself out or we will have found someone willing to swap roomies to make it all work. Either way it will work out if everyone is willing to be flexible. :respect:/>

Q. Also for those of us who signed up ahead of time who might be able to get an upgrade...when does that all take place? When we get there?
A. We do not announce the upgrade winner until right before the trip or until we get there.

Q. What kind of night life does NC offer?
A. NC is a diver's paradise but has a fair amount of social and nightlife. But most of the entertainment will be provided by our group. Most people find they will be tired fairly early after a long day on the water.

Q. So how does the $75 Document Fee work?
A. Timely documents are critical to the success of our organization. Simply get your docs into us within 3 weeks of signing up for a trip and you'll save $75. If you need more time to complete your docs, we'll simply add the document fee to your final invoice. Wanna save some money get your docs in timely. Need more time? We'll just add the document fee to your invoice. NOTE: All documents are required no later than 45 days prior to the trip. Failure to submit them could result in the loss of your spot. If you are signing up within 45 days of the trip you have 3 days to get us your docs. PLEASE NOTE THAT FLIGHT DETAILS ARE NOT NEEDED UNTIL YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR FARE.

formerly...

#6 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

This pains me to say this, but I won't be able to make it. My high school reunion is that same weekend. Seriously who plans a reunion in the middle of July.

If anyone is interested in diving NC a different weekend, let me know.

gwyn

#7 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Jose aka JesterDiver
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG): Drive In Pkg 4/4
D/O or S/O:
D/O
Extra Days/Nights: NONE
Nitrox Fills (for your tanks): yes HP Tanks
Dive Insurance Current: Diveassure Premier# 202321 & DAN Preferred 1525394

a. I have trip insurance to cover this trip: Diveassure #202319

Flight Details: N/A
Other:
a
f.

Edited by jesterdiver, 07 February 2014 - 01:10 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#8 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

I'm posted and deposit will be in tonight when I get home. Looking forward to this one! :D/>

Anyone interested in carpooling down from the NY/NJ area??

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Welcome Jose! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#10 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Posted Image Trip docs emailed in, deposit paid, now point me in the direction of them Lionfish! Posted Image

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image Trip docs emailed in, deposit paid, now point me in the direction of them Lionfish! Posted Image

Thanks Jose! Directions: South approximately 550 miles then down, say, 100 feet. :teeth: Just wait for the rest of us buddy!!
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

Speaking of which...you need to be signing up too Brad! :teeth:

formerly...

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Jose since you are driving in do you plan to bring your own weights? If I overlooked your choice previously I apologize in advance. Thanks!
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#14 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hey Brad, no I did neglect to specify, sorry about that. Yes, I will bring my own tanks and weights. Might even bring some extra "just in case someone needs it" lead. Also, do you know if the dive op is ok with filling HP tanks? I've had one or two ops say they didn't have the ability to do it so just wanted to check.

Thanks!

Jose since you are driving in do you plan to bring your own weights? If I overlooked your choice previously I apologize in advance. Thanks!

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hey Brad, no I did neglect to specify, sorry about that. Yes, I will bring my own tanks and weights. Might even bring some extra "just in case someone needs it" lead. Also, do you know if the dive op is ok with filling HP tanks? I've had one or two ops say they didn't have the ability to do it so just wanted to check.
Thanks!

Actually Jose the Booking Template did not include a section on weights, only a mention above in the same post; how could you miss a question that you were never asked? Thanks and I have updated the Booking Template for the next signups. Us pioneers always take the arrows, pardner... <):-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users