• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hyperbaric Chamber For The Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hey, Kamala. Just wanted to let you know that Larry E. has been here with me since yesterday morning, setting up the chamber in my house. I just, also, spent my first hour & 45 minutes in it. It was fantastic! I really look forward to further use, for both myself & my friends. Will keep you posted as to the progress. Fortunately, We figured out it would fit in a dedicated room, with its own pocket door, as opposed to putting it in the 2nd living room, as originally planned. Now, it's DEFINITELY secure from the dogs, as well as being in a private location for use by others. The O2 unit & compressor also provide good reason to put it out of the way. It's "white noise", mostly, which I like. Just my 2psi.

Thanks, again, for helping me set this up!!!

Posted Image

Blessings.

#2 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hey, Kamala. Just wanted to let you know that Larry E. has been here with me since yesterday morning, setting up the chamber in my house. I just, also, spent my first hour & 45 minutes in it. It was fantastic! I really look forward to further use, for both myself & my friends. Will keep you posted as to the progress. Fortunately, We figured out it would fit in a dedicated room, with its own pocket door, as opposed to putting it in the 2nd living room, as originally planned. Now, it's DEFINITELY secure from the dogs, as well as being in a private location for use by others. The O2 unit & compressor also provide good reason to put it out of the way. It's "white noise", mostly, which I like. Just my 2psi.

Thanks, again, for helping me set this up!!!

Posted Image

Blessings.

Tim, Very curious. Links please to the product if they exist? Posted Image

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Home Hyperbarics is not a new concept... athletes and movie stars having been doing it for decades. But when money IS an object AND you want good quality, safe, reliable equipment then information found online only has a fraction of its real value out of context. In fact much of what is available for viable home use is not online for a number of reasons but mostly due to the complexity of what you are trying to look at. You need a doctor's prescription for hyperbarics so as a result its not 'off the shelf merchandise' and therefore can't be sold online as if it were.

Systems for individuals are still custom designed and custom solutions are geared to your personal hyperbaric needs...i.e preventative, therapeutic, restorative, etc.

That being said we have a really cool opportunity to learn more about hyperbaric uses and uses for home hyperbarics via our new partnerships and a personal incident I had 2 years ago with 3rd degree burns on my nose and trying to heal fast enough for a dive trip. The resulting accelerated healing of the burns due to the use of hyperbarics allowing me to dive were nearly surpassed by the unexpected gains that resulted in my health in the areas of inflamation and previous injuries dating back to my teens.

For once a treatment had side effects that were POSITIVE rather than negative and the side effects nearly overshawdowed the original benefits which were huge as I was told that the 3 weeks I had before my next trip were not sufficient for proper healing the traditional way but with hyperbarics I not only was 100% healed I had 0 scarring another huge side benefit.

So no mike there are no links oline for the equipment but we will be hosting some links about hyperbarics and its powerful positive affects on individuals. And even better...its now in a price range we can begin to afford! So its no longer a life extending tool of the affluent!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Home Hyperbarics is not a new concept... athletes and movie stars having been doing it for decades. But when money IS an object AND you want good quality, safe, reliable equipment then information found online only has a fraction of its real value out of context. In fact much of what is available for viable home use is not online for a number of reasons but mostly due to the complexity of what you are trying to look at. You need a doctor's prescription for hyperbarics so as a result its not 'off the shelf merchandise' and therefore can't be sold online as if it were.

Systems for individuals are still custom designed and custom solutions are geared to your personal hyperbaric needs...i.e preventative, therapeutic, restorative, etc.

That being said we have a really cool opportunity to learn more about hyperbaric uses and uses for home hyperbarics via our new partnerships and a personal incident I had 2 years ago with 3rd degree burns on my nose and trying to heal fast enough for a dive trip. The resulting accelerated healing of the burns due to the use of hyperbarics allowing me to dive were nearly surpassed by the unexpected gains that resulted in my health in the areas of inflamation and previous injuries dating back to my teens.

For once a treatment had side effects that were POSITIVE rather than negative and the side effects nearly overshadowed the original benefits which were huge as I was told that the 3 weeks I had before my next trip were not sufficient for proper healing the traditional way but with hyperbarics I not only was 100% healed I had 0 scarring another huge side benefit.

So no mike there are no links online for the equipment but we will be hosting some links about hyperbarics and its powerful positive affects on individuals. And even better...its now in a price range we can begin to afford! So its no longer a life extending tool of the affluent!

Kamala, Thanks. I know what you mean about it not being a simple topic and the online stuff is likely not accurate. I'm well aware of the benefits of hyperbaric treatments for wound healing and treatment of other injuries than just DCS related injuries or symptoms. Posted ImageOxygen therapy under pressure has amazing benefits for the body, getting the O2 where it's needed but typically hard to get to (as you mentioned such as deep into joints and soft tissue.

I look forward to hearing more about it from SD if the opportunity presents itself.

P.S. I'm very glad to hear that you had great success with your injuries. Getting to dive quickly is great but being able to heal your whole body and prevent severe scarring is even better. Posted Image

#5 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Kamala, I remember when you brought a Home unit to the show here. Is that the size your discussing?
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Kamala, I remember when you brought a Home unit to the show here. Is that the size your discussing?

Similar but MUCH larger. Large enough to hold 2 people albeit a bit cozy but very comfy for an individual no matter how tall or large.

The one at the show is a very small sample of what a portable home chamber is but looks nothing like the real one other then they are a similar color blue. :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users