• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dominica 2014 Group Trip

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 just4trix

just4trix

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hello everyone. I am contemplating my first trip with the group. Dominica June 1 to 8. I can fly from Atlantic City to St Maarten on Saturdays only. Wanted to know if anyone was hanging in Dominica afterwards and if so how long. I will eventually had to St Maarteen till Sat June 15

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

Welcome! The 2nd trip runs May 31 - Jun 7 but several people are staying until Jun 9th so the more the merrier!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hi there Teresa, and :welcome:/> to Singledivers.com! I think I saw you're flying out of AC, so I'm assuming you're a fellow NJ diver. We've actually had quite a few NJ divers join the fold this last year. The people here are great and the trips are the best of ever been on! Will be off to the Maldives with Kamala and Singledivers in a little over a week :wakawaka:/>!

I'm not on the Dominica trip, but was following the trip thread a little since I was really trying to get it to work into my 2014 schedule (Will definitely be there in 2015!!), and I'm pretty sure there will be at least a few divers staying past the end of the week. So you will not be alone!

Feel free to post your question in the actual trip thread itself which is here, and I'm sure you'll get some answers. Kamala, our fearless leader, I'm sure can make arrangements to help with the travel plans!

I'm sure one of the great volunteers like Brad will chime in soon with much better information as he follows the threads better than anyone and may already know which divers are staying a few days later.

Have fun in Dominica, I'm jealous! Maybe we'll see you at the Beneath the Sea with all the other NJ members! :wavey:/>

Feel free if you have any questions!

Hello everyone. I am contemplating my first trip with the group. Dominica June 1 to 8. I can fly from Atlantic City to St Maarten on Saturdays only. Wanted to know if anyone was hanging in Dominica afterwards and if so how long. I will eventually had to St Maarteen till Sat June 15

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hi again Teresa, just touching base with you since we received your Deposit a few days ago for your Dominica June 1-8 trip. We are very pleased that you have chosen to join our group in amazing Dominica! :cool1: We want to help you with your first Singledivers.com trip process before time grows short, so there is no pressure or sense of bring rushed. :angel2:

Here is a tabular summary of the trip sign up process from plunked down Deposit to post trip refund submission:

* Review the First (Top) Post in the Dominica Trip Topic for pricing, extra features (like the whale watching tour), early booking discounts (unfortunately only one remains, Pay in Full by 4/14 to be entered in a drawing for a Free Whale Watching Tour), what IS covered in the trip cost (i.e. rooming and basic diving fees), what is NOT covered (i.e. Nitrox and special events such as the Whale Watching Tour), personal pre-trip requirements like dive and travel insurance, refund rules and a host of other pertinent information. You can follow this link to review the Dominica 2014 topic when you have time to carefully review the Top Post. We apologize in advance for the volume of information crammed into just one post :bam: but experience has proven it to be necessary for veteran member refreshers as much as a comprehensive guide for new members.
* Ensure current Premier Membership - I believe provided a separate email to you about this. In case it failed to be delivered here again is a link to our Subscription tutorial to help you. A Premier Membership (or higher) subscription is required for access to the Private Messaging (PM) and other features not available to standard members. The $35 annual fee can be almost completely recouped through the Trip Rebate process. (This was also covered in that email, and is included as part of a checklist at the bottom of the Booking Template.)
* Deposit payment - Check! :teeth: Supplemental payment deadlines are mentioned in the Top Post, they are spaced out to better manage them into peoples' budgets. :respect:
* Complete a Booking Template - See the third post in the topic for an example and other completed templates. Copy into a text file, fill out as much as you have already accomplished and paste the completed template in a separate reply post in the topic. If you browse the topic you can see how other members have done this. :fish2:
* Prepare and Submit Trip Documents - When you are upgraded to Premier you can be added to the Trip Private Message Thread which tells where to access the required documents as well as the password (not your member password!). Again, we are bringing this information to you early enough that there will be no rush and no pressure if we begin soon. :)
* Making Flight Arrangements - You are free to make your own, many of our members do so in order to cash in FF points, but Kamala offers flight booking services also for a nominal fee. This is not limited to sponsored trip timeframes so she can also help you with your DOM to St. Maarten hop 08 June and return flights 15 June if you wish; simply post a reply in the trip topic and request it. :clapping:
* Post Trip Rebate - Kamala has a trip Rebate program but there are very specific instructions which must be followed precisely to qualify. The topic containing the Rebate Form and detailed instructions is found in the same Trip Documents Forum where all other trip documents are stored.

Finally, be sure to check in periodically with both the Private Messenger and Special Discussion (SD) Forum specific to your trip; we recommend at least a couple of times a week. Here's a link to our PM Primer that will help orient you with this feature. There are constant updates and special information as departure time grows near. Only other trip attendees can access this information as occasionally email addresses and even phone numbers might be shared, and we take our members' personal information security seriously. :ninja:
This is just a short list off the top of my head and obviously cannot cover every conceivable contingency, but I hope it is a good starting point. IN addition here is a link to another topic which is a great comprehensive resource from our trip FAQ Forum.

:thankyou: again for joining us in Dominica, and again there are several others who, along with myself, are familiar with the process and are here to help you get those pesky details ironed out so you can focus on enjoying your dive trip with us! :diver: :cloud9:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

:wakawaka:/>/> Hi Teresa and welcome to the trip. I will be going and looking forward to seeing everyone. I do know that one person will be staying until the 9th and probably more will chime in. I am also sure that Kamala will be more than helpful when she gets back from the Truk - I am soooooooo jealous - it's on my list in the next 2 years. If we can answer further questions for you, please ask.

Edited by little mermaid, 17 March 2014 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users