• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thoughts about Turkish Airlines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hello to anyone with experience on Turkish Airlines. I am entertaining thoughts on a trip, and the flight options include Turkish Airlines and 16 hours ( 8 each way ) lay over in Istanbul. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. I read some reviews on the airline, and they seem to be either very good or very bad. Thanks. Ed

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

I just flew to the Maldives on them and they were fine. They served meals on all legs of the international flights and full service beverages including alcohol. The food was not spectacular but edible and who needs all those calories just sitting anyway. The Turkish red wine was very nice but they also offered a french option as well.

During the layover go up the escalators (also reachable by elevator so you don't have to get rid of your luggage cart) and turn to the left and go to the Millennium Club. For $40 you can eat, sleep, relax, free wifi, drink beer and wine as well as sodas, coffee, tea, juice, bottled water etc. I had a 9 hr layover and ate way overpriced food in the food court for the first 4 hrs and walked the entire airport. I'm only sorry I did not discover it sooner. The other lounges were twice as much money...this one was one of the nicest and allowed a day pass. Others either did not at all or were much more expensive.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Will let you know more in about 3 weeks, amigo.

Hello to anyone with experience on Turkish Airlines. I am entertaining thoughts on a trip, and the flight options include Turkish Airlines and 16 hours ( 8 each way ) lay over in Istanbul. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. I read some reviews on the airline, and they seem to be either very good or very bad. Thanks. Ed

#4 ChumShiver

ChumShiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:550

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

I just flew to the Maldives on them and they were fine. They served meals on all legs of the international flights and full service beverages including alcohol. The food was not spectacular but edible and who needs all those calories just sitting anyway. The Turkish red wine was very nice but they also offered a french option as well.

During the layover go up the escalators (also reachable by elevator so you don't have to get rid of your luggage cart) and turn to the left and go to the Millennium Club. For $40 you can eat, sleep, relax, free wifi, drink beer and wine as well as sodas, coffee, tea, juice, bottled water etc. I had a 9 hr layover and ate way overpriced food in the food court for the first 4 hrs and walked the entire airport. I'm only sorry I did not discover it sooner. The other lounges were twice as much money...this one was one of the nicest and allowed a day pass. Others either did not at all or were much more expensive.

Hi! When you flew to the Maldives last year, which airport were you talking about that had the Millenium Club? Having a chance to take a nap for a couple of hours would be fantastic, especially if there was a place to safeguard your luggage.

#5 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

Greg, she's talking about Istanbul's (IST) airport.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users