• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Best Time to Dive PNW - Before or After Labor Day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 texasdiverdude

texasdiverdude

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:774

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'm planning to be in the Seattle area for two months this year and my schedule is flexible. The question is, what happens to the availability of boat diving after Labor Day. I would expect it to slow down, as it does in Florida and California, with which I'm familiar, but having never been to Seattle will it be difficult to find trips with boats in the area?

#2 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

My girlfriend's daughter used to live in Portland, OR. I dove Seattle a few times while visiting, so my info is only so accurate. I heard viz was better in Winter/Spring, due to algae blooms in the Summer, I am not sure about Fall. I used Bandito Charters, really liked them, but trying to schedule a dive when I was a party of one during the week just didn't work out, weekends, no problem. I also shore dove with some divers from SingleDivers.com, I don't see those particular people on the site anymore, but I believe that there are other active members in that area.

I really liked diving Puget Sound, yes, it is cold, viz is only so so, but the PNW has its own unique critters.

Edited by MNJoe, 18 June 2014 - 06:51 AM.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#3 texasdiverdude

texasdiverdude

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:774

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

My girlfriend's daughter used to live in Portland, OR. I dove Seattle a few times while visiting, so my info is only so accurate. I heard viz was better in Winter/Spring, due to algae blooms in the Summer, I am not sure about Fall. I used Bandito Charters, really liked them, but trying to schedule a dive when I was a party of one during the week just didn't work out, weekends, no problem. I also shore dove with some divers from SingleDivers.com, I don't see those particular people on the site anymore, but I believe that there are other active members in that area.

I really liked diving Puget Sound, yes, it is cold, viz is only so so, but the PNW has its own unique critters.

Thanks for the info. Bandito was recommended by others as well. What I got from callin gcive shops (sales pitch aside) is that it is pretty consitent all year. I guess they don't depend on a lot of tourist divers. I found a few other boats, but it seems that weekends is the rule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users