• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Mounting Bands Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Good Day,

I am constructing a Lionfish holder to contain speared fish and need to clip it to my BC. It is in the shape of a 40CU ft Pony. I see all sorts of photos but I cannot find the distance to separate the two mounting bands to attach to a BC properly. Specifically the chest and lower right D-ring.

How far apart are those two bands supposed to be?

Attached Thumbnails

• Image28.jpg

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

I've never seen a standard distance. the best advice I have is put it on your rig and adjust as needed. the Top clip is going to be located by the neck strap. move the lower clamp and clip to a point where it lays nicely. a couple inches either way will make a big difference. Take lots of pictures and let us know how it works out.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users