• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FORUM 2nd PHASE UPGRADES by Nov 16th, 2014

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

NEW FORUMS SOFTWARE UPGRADES NOV 14-16th, 2014

The SingleDivers.com forum 2ND PHASE UPGRADES will go live between Nov 14-16, 2014. The forums have needed a new facelift for a long time and needed a number of cosmetic improvements as well as some much needed tools for the volunteers who run the site behind the scenes!

The necessary back ups are being made now and the trial run on our test site went without a hitch so we expect nothing less during the real upgrade.

Should the site be down temporarily we've chosen a time that has minimal impact and we have technical resources on tap to ensure that any glitches are fixed and we are back up and running SOON!

For some there will be no downtime...for others you may be unable to log in for a couple of hours. Hopefully EVERYONE will be live again within 24hrs.

IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL admin@singledivers.com and we'll help you as soon as we can!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Looking forward to the facelift. :cheerleader: new toys to play with :wakawaka:

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#3 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

:dance:/> Wahoo!!!! Can't wait for the new forms.

#4 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

So how did the upgrade go? I'm not seeing any changes so was wondering.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

We attempted the upgrade but we found that it required some new packages that were not documented. So we had to install those on development first and we want to make sure that everything is stable in development before moving to the bigger upgrade.

We hope to be able to do the anticipated upgrade basically a week from today.

Fingers crossed THIS time it will work like a charm! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

The second phase of our forums software will go live between Nov 14-16th! Stay tuned! :thankyou:

formerly...

#7 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Don't know what to make of this, was wondering if it's part of the new & improved website?

I received 2 e-mail notifications, from "SingleDivers.com", yesterday, for topics I initiated in excess of 5 years ago. The e-mail went on to forward all replies to the thread, which were made at the time I authored the topics. At the end of the e-mail was an 'unsubscribe' link to "divingsingle.net"

I've checked my profile, and I'm not currently monitoring any topics to which I would be receiving notifications. Also, while going through my profile I noticed a log of every notification I've ever received, even notifications concerning PM's, I deleted long ago. Certainly, if I've deleted the PM from my 'messenger', it would be logical to also have the notification[s] regarding the conversation deleted automatically.

I realize you've bought up domain names which are similar to SingleDivers.com, but when I receive an email and it directs me to a different website, I become extremely cautious. I tend to immediately delete the email along with future similar emails without opening them. I'm very sensitive to any virus/worm which could be hidden in the suspected email.

Just wondering if this is a part of the new & improved - this is a problem which needs addressing

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

DivingSingle.net is our test site. So you are not being phished however I am not sure why you got the emails. I'll have our admin look at it. Its not serious just strange. Thank you!

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

UPCOMING CHANGES....

One of the only major functional changes you'll see is that your login/user name and your screen/display name will now be the same when the new system cuts over.

So going forward your login and user name and sceen name and display name will NOW ALL BE THE SAME AND IT WILL BE THE ONLY NAME YOU USE TO LOG INTO THE SITE!!!

In other words is my screen/display name is WreckWench and my login or user name is kamala1 then when the new forum changes occur I will need to log into the forums using WreckWench and not kamala1

We estimate that approx 10% of our users will be affected and we know we'll get a number of emails on it as to why they can no longer log in. :( We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Kamala aka WreckWench

formerly...

#10 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

Don't know what to make of this, was wondering if it's part of the new & improved website?

I received 2 e-mail notifications, from "SingleDivers.com", yesterday, for topics I initiated in excess of 5 years ago. The e-mail went on to forward all replies to the thread, which were made at the time I authored the topics. At the end of the e-mail was an 'unsubscribe' link to "divingsingle.net"

I've checked my profile, and I'm not currently monitoring any topics to which I would be receiving notifications. Also, while going through my profile I noticed a log of every notification I've ever received, even notifications concerning PM's, I deleted long ago. Certainly, if I've deleted the PM from my 'messenger', it would be logical to also have the notification[s] regarding the conversation deleted automatically.

I realize you've bought up domain names which are similar to SingleDivers.com, but when I receive an email and it directs me to a different website, I become extremely cautious. I tend to immediately delete the email along with future similar emails without opening them. I'm very sensitive to any virus/worm which could be hidden in the suspected email.

Just wondering if this is a part of the new & improved - this is a problem which needs addressing

Same thing is happening to me.. ie. receiving hundreds of email notifications for messages and posts deleted from years ago...

#11 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

got the same 2 notifications 2 hours ago, that I rec'd Wed.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#12 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Same thing is happening to me.. ie. receiving hundreds of email notifications for messages and posts deleted from years ago...

I had to go back to my profile - click on - 'content I follow' and 'change' to not following

Edited by ScubaTex, 14 November 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for the input...we'll continue to tweak things to be sure they are what we used to have. Many of our personal settings for the site went back to original defaults that we used to have years ago and we are trying to reset eveyrthing including base notifications.

You can however turn them off yourself by going to the drop down next to your screen name and then click on CONTENT I FOLLOW and turn it off.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully the new features will offset the notification issues people are having.

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

Please let us know if this keeps happening...it should clear up now the upgrade has been made...sort of flushing the pipes sort of a thing!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users