• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Travel & Diving Insurance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

Looking at

In the past I have had DAN as Dive insurance and then had a private 3rd party company for trip insurance well they went out of business so looking at new options. Reason being I am now starting to travel more and more for both diving and other trip and looking to get a policy that will cover them all (if possible as indivdual trip policies get expensive)

I know DAN is secondary insurance and have been some behind the scenese grumbling with them so holding off on going that route.

Is dive assure (Diamond Plan) dive and annual trip policies worth it and cover/pay without a ton of red tape or reams of paperwork? anyone use it for domestic non diving personal or work trips?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#2 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

I've used Dive Assure for a number of trips for both single trip and annual coverage, depending on whether I was going to make additional trips during the year.

I've filed a claim with them and had no problem being reimbursed. I had booked the trip, insured it, and a week later sustained a shoulder injury. The day every one else was departing for Lembeh, I was having surgery.

In the future, I'll be contacting them to determine if they cover trips in excess of a year in advance, and trips in excess of 30 days in length.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#3 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

If I read the master certificate its for trips up to 42 days and I think a year in advance but not positive. I'll ask in a follow up email

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

I have had very good experience as the "provider of travel" with Dive Assure. In fact for a long time I thought no one was filing claims with them because they involved me so very little. As it turns out...they just didn't need me to provide all sorts of extra documentation. :respect: Other providers involve me multiple times and we all know that can be a PITA if I am traveling a lot...or have had 5 funerals of family in one year. :tears:

And they are PRIMARY insurance for dive insurance which makes them REALLY NICE. You don't have to pay first and get reimbursed...they pay and you are done.

I hope this helps Dan.

p.s. I have used them for non-diver travel...just call and ask all your questions. They are very helpful on the phone. And if they can't cover something NOW...watch out because in about 6 mos they will probably be able to cover it. I've seen them do that many times now. They are a good company.

p.s. Please tell them we told you about us when you register if you go with them. We are in the global partners drop down box. This gives us deeper access on your behalf and even makes filing claims easier. :thanyou: k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

Just tried to renew my Dive Assure coverage - price has increased 50% from last year & they don't cover US [domestic] dive accidents

WTF

Guess you can't get bent diving Flower Gardens - Oriskany, just to name 2

A couple years ago they took away the annual multi-trip coverage, only to bring it back

No doubt, they will cover 'domestic' dive accidents next year for more $$$$

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#6 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

I purchased the DAN trip insurance last year.  I seem to recall spending $600.00-650.00 for $5,000.00 of coverage for the year.  It paid off when I broke my foot and missed a Maldives trip last Fall.  I renewed the policy for a similar cost again this year. 

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users