• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Good Morning Everyone; Jennifer from MS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 urbaneve

urbaneve

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:126

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

I am from Long Beach MS - that was right where where hurricane katrina hit.  we are just now kinda recovering and starting to build again.  I have over a 120 dives logged and have been diving since 2002 -- had to take a few years off due to katrina and getting pregnant at the same time (hey what else is there to do when you go 3 weeks without cable LOL).  he is my blessing.

that being said, i have been a solo diver all my career and i am now looking for someone to dive with.  I have all my gear except a tank and a integrated computer (which is on my b-day list).  not to mention a new car.  my engine blew up in my mazda....sigh.

anyhoo.  enough about me.  its nice to meet you all

cheers

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

I am from Long Beach MS - that was right where where hurricane katrina hit.  we are just now kinda recovering and starting to build again.  I have over a 120 dives logged and have been diving since 2002 -- had to take a few years off due to katrina and getting pregnant at the same time (hey what else is there to do when you go 3 weeks without cable LOL).  he is my blessing.

that being said, i have been a solo diver all my career and i am now looking for someone to dive with.  I have all my gear except a tank and a integrated computer (which is on my b-day list).  not to mention a new car.  my engine blew up in my mazda....sigh.

anyhoo.  enough about me.  its nice to meet you all

cheers

Hello Jennifer aka urbaneve, and welcome to our community of safe, friendly but (like you and I) generally buddyless divers. We are happy you found us! A couple of questions, and tips:

- Some members find our New or Returning Forum on their own, but we make a point of mentioning it in our newly launched Welcome (direct) email initiative. We'd be grateful to know if you got our email message, many mail servers set their SPAM filter so tight our messages have been found in the SPAM folder weeks after sending, if at all...

- You should also receive an email alert that someone has Quoted a post you made (in this case me quoting this post). Just FYI, the system does NOT email alerts for simple reply posts, so be sure to check in occasionally to see who else chimes in to welcome you aboard! :welcome:

- Although our primary goal is to offer amazing dive trips to world class destinations (Fearless Leader Kamala aka WreckWench keeps a batch queued up usually up to a year in advance), we do also support local members reaching out to pair up and dive local sites. Bear in mind however there is no Dive Preference survey involved at that level; Kamala's unique Dive and Rooming surveys that provide the best match for dive buddy and (same gender) roommate only apply as a feature with our trips. :wakawaka: (Dance lessons (clearly) not included.) :rolleyes: As it happens I am just down the coast in Panama City, and include Pensacola diving in my range of local dive opportunities. I know other divers in both towns as well, even a couple in your neck of the woods. We can talk more about this and them if you like. :respect:

What we would really like is the chance to introduce you to SingleDivers.com style dive trips, where Kamala and volunteers like myself and many others put in the extra effort up front to remove potential trip ruining calamities, most notably the pot luck roommate and cattle boat last second buddy assignment but also fun post dive activities and the chance to network with other divers of all experience and certification levels in a relaxed, low stress atmosphere. Check out our Upcoming Trips via the "TRIPS" link on our Home Page and we hope you will be able to join us! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Greetings Jennifer and welcome to Single Divers. Sadly I do not think you will find a single person to dive with; but you did find a entire group of like-minded individuals to dive with. And we all know what it is like to be the buddy-less new kid. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt to prove it (it says "Why dive alone?"). Fortunately there are Trip Charlies (like Brad) and Trip Angels who have helped guide me and others as we learned the website and booking system (which is much improved).

Take a look around the website, ask any questions you want and start planning your next dive adventure. There are a lot of great trips this year, as local as Florida and as far away as Truk. As great as the diving is, you will find it is the friendships taht get built on a trip that makes it unlike going with any other group - or alone. While some of us know each other from previous trips, and some of us have built wonderful relationships along the way; all of us are excited to me our newst dive buddies on the next trip.

And there are still slots available on more trips this year. The Best of Mexico, diving Cenotes and snorkeling with the biggest fish in the ocean, is going to be amazing. I can vouch for (and will even the pay bail for ) three people on the trip; but there are other awesome trips this year as well.

Welcome and please do follow Brad's suggestions - He usually gets us back on the right dive boat.
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#4 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hello and Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!!

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users