• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Profile fields now show location

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

To make searching for other members by their location, I've just added 3 new fields to your profile. The old 'Location' field will eventually get deleted. Kindly update them at your convenience. :cheerleader:

This is in response to overwhelming requests to be able to search by another member's location. The old 'Location' field never was searchable, which made it useless. Finding other members near you was impossible unless you looked at all 2900+ member profiles, or you happened to notice a member posting in one of the 'I need a buddy for a trip' forums.

Eventually we'll integrate it with a member map so you can see graphically who's near you, down to the city level. Most folks understandably didn't want their address shown for spam or other reasons.

NOTE: these are *required* fields, so if you modify any of your profile fields, you must update these as well to have something in them. We made the 'Location' field optional late last year, and less than 1 in 5 people have put anything in it since then. A couple of you had 'Atlantis' or some other fantasy location, which we'll erase if we see it. C'mon, the main reason you were here in the first place was to find someone to dive with, wasn't it? Doesn't that go both ways?

The fields are a drop-down with Country, then entry boxes for State/Province and City. The State/Province field is limited to 2 or 3 character abbreviations. Please use the correct abbreviation. The Country options were chosen purely on membership. All of the EU totals about 8 people (mostly from the Netherlands) so it's lumped under 'Europe'. If we get enough members from any one country, it's easy to expand it in the future.

#2 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

For member discussion on this change, please go here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users