• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Sea of Cortez Trip & Spanking Report...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

We are all here, and hawk is hurting!!! Sad thing is, we haven´t even given him a spanking yet! But it´s only a matter of time. The last diver is here, and the bus is about to take us to La Paz. We won´t be able to give you any updates until we land again, I´m sure the suspense will be killing you ' it´s killing us!!!
See you.

#2 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:10 PM

I'm pretty sure most of us didn't realize this existed until today...it seems that the Captain on our latest trip has been uploading his logs! Enjoy:

Diving with sealions in the Sea of Cortez 2006-11-23
Position: 24o26'N 110o06'W

Weather: Beautiful and sunny.

Water: Flat calm and great visibility.

Comments: We had a great morning dive. A 7 meter whaleshark came to visit for a few minutes and the friendly sealions had a party with the divers. Thousands of bait fish and some predator fish made for two fascinating dives. The evening dive last night at Los Islotes was an incredible time for interaction with sealion pups who played with the divers and put on a show teasing a pufferfish making it blow up and then harassing it when it deflated again. Our divemaster caught some great video shots of the sealions twirling in and out of the divers. Captain Dave

#3 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

And more:

2006-11-25
Weather: Light winds of 10 knots.

Water: Clear vis with over 100' visibility and 79oF

Comments: Our first dive was an advanced dive with current. Our guests were rewarded with white tip reef sharks, reef fish and a manta that followed the skiff back to the mother shhip. We then had open pool time with the manta gracefully flying in amongst the divers and snorkellers for so long that he tired us all out. Our evening snorkel with the silkt sharks was both frightening and fascinating with some 3 and 5 foot sharks checking us out. At 2300 we had four dolphins and three four foot sikly sharks come in to feed on the flying fish attracted by the overboard floodlights. Captain Dave

#4 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

Yet Again:

Diving with the giant mantas 2006-11-26

Weather: Beautiful and sunny.

Water: 79oF

Comments: We had another beautiful day on the west side of Socorro Island. Our divers were treated to dramatic views topside of lava flows covered in low green bushes that are still enjoying hte residual water from the last hurricane. Underwater the rock formations are even more dramatic because of the rapid cooling of molten lava by the sea water. There were feeding mantas, a loggerhead turtle, and of course the silky sharks ranging in size from 3 to 5 feet that are curious to see the divers. At the end of the dive day some guests snorkelled with dolphins and silky sharks feeding on flying fish. Captain Dave

#5 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

WHAT A TRIP!! Diving with sea lions, manta rays, white tip reef sharks, Galapagos sharks, silky sharks, silver tip sharks. hammer head sharks, more morays that I could count, octopi, rock fish, rocks, fish etc!!!! The boat and crew were awesome, the service - outstanding and the divers were the best!

It was a good trip.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#6 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:38 PM

WHAT A TRIP!! Diving with sea lions, manta rays, white tip reef sharks, Galapagos sharks, silky sharks, silver tip sharks. hammer head sharks, more morays that I could count, octopi, rock fish, rocks, fish etc!!!! The boat and crew were awesome, the service - outstanding and the divers were the best!

It was a good trip.

Cool, it was awsome, WW wants to to know when the Limericks will get here so I can finish the video. so let me know please,
enjoyed the trip.
Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#7 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

It was a good trip.

Cool, it was awsome, WW wants to to know when the Limericks will get here so I can finish the video. so let me know please,
enjoyed the trip.
Orcaman

Oh the Mantas - and sea lions - and Hammerheads.......When I get some of the pictures up on the Diversitea site I will link them - WOW!!!!!!

And the Diversitea was a hit as well! (Always makes me glad). But I was up til 3:30 Friday night trying to catch up - and am still at it, but it was all worth it! :teeth:
Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! This was one of the best trips I've ever been on. The diving was FANTASTIC!!! The crew was superb and the group was one of the best mixes of divers I've ever been on!

I can't wait to post some of the pictures the divers took and give a full update! For those who didn't know...I celebrated the most incredible dives in my diving history to date...dive #999, #1000 and #1001!!! My first hammerhead on dive #999. We had incredible Manta Ray interactions on my 1000th dive (yes they let us tickle their bellies and they kept coming back for more! And in such blue, blue water too!) And then on dive #1001 I saw my first school of hammarheads and more Mantas! We played with sea lions who were sooooooooooooo playful and cute and FUN!!!

I will post a full report soon! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

To those on the Socorro trip:

How many dives were you offered in total for the trip???

Were there any night dives offered in Socorro region? were any offered in Sea of Cortez?

Thanks,
Robin

#10 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:10 PM

As I recall we had 8 days of diving out of 11 total days. Total dives offered were 30 and two snorkel events, one a night Snorkel with silky sharks at the back of the boat under the boat lights the other was with a very friendly Manta near the boat. We did one night dive in the Sea of Cortez and three transition dives in the Socorro region on the trip. I am one of those guys that does not log every dive but I think I am close on this one.

The boat was very easy to get around with a very large dive deck. More camera table space than we could use not counting the two shelves one above and one below the table. Two large camera tanks and fresh water changed twice a day. They thought of everything and then some. This crew was the best I have been with. You could ask everyone on the trip and I will bet they did not realize the boat was even short a crew member for our trip. They were feeding us before the first dive at 7:30 and fed us again after the dive at 9:00. Water and Diversitea, and snacks delivered to the divers on a tray while you were putting your arms into your BC before the dive and again when you stepped off the launch after the dive by our stewards. Everyone felt pampered. Every dive you were greeted with a friendly "how was your dive" by Sten and Steen, the men who kept our tanks full. We were going through air and Nitrox like there was no tomorrow but they did a great job keeping up. The boat had four compressors and three sets of banks. They were always filling tanks and we never had to wait for fills. This boat was prepared for every diver to suck the tank dry and splash after the surface interval. GREAT JOB guys. :tears:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#11 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

:respect: Thank You Everyone :wub:
I would like to thank everyone on the trip and the Crew on the boat for helping my Mom and I.
Everything from holding doors, filling water bottles, sneaking a cookie, band aids and ointments, and of course help with stairs and doorsills. We could not have done this trip without your help. I was able to make every dive and most of the time I was on the first boat. The only way this was possible was with all of the support I had.
She enjoyed the activity in the salon and sharing our dives through watching the videos on the TV and of course the jokes and laughs. I know she does not talk a lot but she had the best time. :cheerleader: She was always a very outgoing personality and I owe a lot to her.

We will share the best memories with this trip and for this opportunity; I am forever grateful and thankful to you and what you gave us.
Thanks,
OTWdiver & OTWmom
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#12 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

2 of the funniest jokes on the trip were told by OTW's mom. (she has great timing)

OTW - I still owe you for the dive book - let me know.

Larry - I've been working since I got back - but I have sunday off and will record and e-mail you (PM me your e-mail address.)
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#13 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

:respect: Thank You Everyone :wub:
I would like to thank everyone on the trip and the Crew on the boat for helping my Mom and I.
Everything from holding doors, filling water bottles, sneaking a cookie, band aids and ointments, and of course help with stairs and doorsills. We could not have done this trip without your help. I was able to make every dive and most of the time I was on the first boat. The only way this was possible was with all of the support I had.
She enjoyed the activity in the salon and sharing our dives through watching the videos on the TV and of course the jokes and laughs. I know she does not talk a lot but she had the best time. :cheerleader: She was always a very outgoing personality and I owe a lot to her.

We will share the best memories with this trip and for this opportunity; I am forever grateful and thankful to you and what you gave us.
Thanks,
OTWdiver & OTWmom

The trip was great, and your mom has a good sense of humor - and a LOVE of ice cream.....me too! It was a pleasure having her on the trip, and although she did not dive, she did several vicarious dives watching the great video you and Orcaman and Alfredo brought back!

I am all stocked up on calendula cream and stuff - so let me know if you want some. I left our only tube on the Nautilus for the crew...but the shipment cane in and was logged today. :cheerleader:
Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#14 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:27 AM

It was a good trip.

Hawkman, waiting on the Cd with the limericks, need it so try to get it soon,
Thanks and enjoyed the trip.
The Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#15 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

2 of the funniest jokes on the trip were told by OTW's mom. (she has great timing)

OTW - I still owe you for the dive book - let me know.

Larry - I've been working since I got back - but I have sunday off and will record and e-mail you (PM me your e-mail address.)

Hey, don't work too hard, just do it and then convert to MP3 and send to orcaman@bellsouth.net,
Thanks
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users