• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Grenada Singles Week

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#46 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

I couldn't agree with ya more. I try to always carry a backup computer.

Props to Platypus for being a great dive buddy, and letting me use a backup computer when mine died so I still got to see the Bianca C!

Right back at you, Jerry! It's not often that I have a buddy who also takes the time to spot stuff for me to film.

Now I suppose that everyone is going to want a backup computer like mine, considering how many asked about it and how it worked.

PlatypusMan
....Sparky is still over in that corner in a fetal position..

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

I had a wonderful time in Grenada, and many thanks to Kamala (and others) for organizing this trip!!!

:thankyou:

For anybody that has never used the “Rent A Buddy” program, I strongly recommend it, especially if you are new to diving like me. It was great having an experienced person there to hold my hand, and there were several times where they really did hold my hand when I got nervous and was very close to panicking.

Both Zach and Kamala were extremely patient with me before, during and after every dive. Even at their level of expertise, they still remembered and understood what someone like me was going thru. There is just so much to remember, and they were always reviewing with me what I did right and wrong on each dive. They never presented their feedback in a negative way, and they always found something positive to say, even when I felt like I didn’t do anything right.

I also appreciated the way everybody else supported and encouraged me!

Before this trip I had only 4 dives under my belt, and afterwards I am now up to 19. As a result of my positive experience in Grenada, I am now motivated to keep adding to that number. Plus I went from 17 minutes on my first dive, to 56 minutes on my last one and I even had air to spare!!!

Again, it was great meeting everybody, and I look forward to seeing y’all on another trip soon!!!

Beth AKA Beth

Beth you are MOST welcome! I am glad the program worked as intended and advertised! Many before you have had similar experiences and I know many others will too...it just means a lot to have someone come back and share with others their experiences. :cool2:

And for the record...she REALLY did do awesome! And by the end of the week she was diving like champ. I think she learned in a very quick period of time lots of great new habits and she will go onto be a very strong diver! I just can't wait to see her on another trip with us!

Funny you should mention how Zach and I seemed to recall all the struggles we had as new divers. Lord it was like yesterday to me when I thought I had my bouyancy dialed in and after looking to my left to see one dive buddy and looking to my rigth to see the other, when I looked forward again I was nearly on the reef! What happened...how could this be? But wait...this WAS only a couple of days ago and as it turns out I was leaking air from my bc so could not hold my bouyancy right. But Beth is right...I do recall ALL the struggles of a new diver because I had them ALL and few extra just for good measure. You name it and I had it so the memories will NEVER fade for me.

So if anyone has wondered what it is like to be on SD trip...ask Beth or anyone and you'll see its the place to be!!! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

I've added lots of pics to the gallery. I still have a few more, but I need to take a break. Here is the winner of the Tacky Tourist Contest:
Grenada_277.jpg Grenada_275.jpg

#49 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

I've added lots of pics to the gallery. I still have a few more, but I need to take a break.

Wow! great job Sandy! Thanks for all the photos. :P :lmao:

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 19 June 2007 - 06:07 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#50 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

I don't know what I was expecting about this trip, but I was not expecting it to be so beautiful. From the bottom of the ocean to the top of the waterfalls, Grenada is gorgeous. If Kamala offers this trip next year, and you have an opportunity to see this place, take it! You won't be disappointed. I'm not very good at trip reports, so I don't really know where to start, but here goes:

Sandy,

You're now the official trip reporter. :lmao: Great job!

This was my first SD trip, and I hope it's just the first of many. I loved every minute of it. Everyone was so friendly. Ditto on everything Sandy posted, but especially the Seven Sisters waterfall land tour. Sandy didn't mention she and Mark scaled the side of a cliff :twist: and jumped in. :P Kelly has video of it, hopefully it's posted. Sandy's my new hero.

Thanks to Kamala and Kim and everyone else for all the planning, work, etc. Kamala, kudos on the buddy matching, even though I doubted your first inclination. :diver: I promise I won't make that mistake again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!

diverdeb
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#51 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:45 AM

Woww!! Thanks to all for the most excellent adventure! I enjoyed reading the reports and drifting back into underwater world... yes Moose, this is the worm hole that we were talking about.... It was great to meet such a fantastic group of people. Thanks again to the team planners in regards to the roommate selection. I couldn't have asked for a better roomie. It was just really hard to get his antlers through the door! Beth, It was a pleasure to dive with you and watch your progress. I would be your buddy anytime! Wreck Wench, Remember that check you gave me? Well it seemed to fall into my outdoor fireplace...oops... Please donate the funds to the boys home... :twist: ... Cant wait to do it again!!! Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Woww!! Thanks to all for the most excellent adventure! I enjoyed reading the reports and drifting back into underwater world... yes Moose, this is the worm hole that we were talking about.... It was great to meet such a fantastic group of people.

It is amazing the calibre of people who are single, solo and buddyless divers! So when we UNITE...watch out!

Thanks again to the team planners in regards to the roommate selection. I couldn't have asked for a better roomie. It was just really hard to get his antlers through the door!

Fortunately you were such a great 'moose herder'...he sure needed it! :lmao:

Beth, It was a pleasure to dive with you and watch your progress. I would be your buddy anytime!

Zach you were the BEST buddy she could of had. She progressed so much in such a short time with your unfailing coaching and assistance! You should do this professionally...oh wait...YOU DO ALREADY! :lmao: A very very very special thank you for your help! I look forward to it over and over and over again! :cool2:

Wreck Wench, Remember that check you gave me? Well it seemed to fall into my outdoor fireplace...oops... Please donate the funds to the boys home... :) ... Cant wait to do it again!!! Zach

WOW! The boys will be so appreciative...and what a way to make a difference in the lives of others. For those that don't know...we raised $425 on the spot for a very impoverished Boys Home in Grenada that catered to homeless and broken kids aged 7-17. They were a delight when we met them and our hearts went out to them. We made the decision to give them the school supplies we brought to the island as well as some awesome soccer (futballs) from fairfield59 and we haven't looked back yet. We will be raising funds for a special "Send a Kid to Camp" program for them as well as "Send a Kid Camping" program which will be two programs aimed at helping to raise the funds for a camp and gather up gently used and new tents so the boys can actually CAMP! More details to follow shortly as we'd love everyone's participation. And from the looks of this post...Zach just added another $125 to the pot! :hugs: and :twist:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:58 AM

I've added lots of pics to the gallery. I still have a few more, but I need to take a break.

Thanks for all the pics ScubaPunk!!

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#54 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:03 AM

Wow-what can you say after an awesome week of unbeliveable diving in total paradise. No words can truly convey my thanks to eveybody that worked in planning and execution of this trip, the 29 tripmates that went with the flow of the group, to the staff of the hotel who bent over backwards to wine and dine us, to the very best dive operation I have had the pleasure of diving with in my short time back in the pool, to the outpouring and genoursity of a group of divers reaching out to help out some kids that cannot help themselves-Simply amazing!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY FOR MAKING THIS A VACATION THAT I WILL REMEMBER FOR A LIFETIME!!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#55 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

Really cool pics in the gallery. When I see this kind of thing, it almost makes me wish I wasn't allergic to salt water! :wavey:

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Really cool pics in the gallery. When I see this kind of thing, it almost makes me wish I wasn't allergic to salt water! :wavey:

Yep it is and we had a very cool DIR diver with us who you could of dove with!

formerly...

#57 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

... we had a very cool DIR diver with us who you could of dove with!

Who?

#58 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

Check it out - Caroline's Nurse Shark picture is on the Aquanauts website as picture of the week...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#59 Howardsnewyork

Howardsnewyork

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:50 AM

I agree with Moose ....totally...
My first trip w/SD...and "I'll Be Back"...
Howard

Edited by Howardsnewyork, 20 June 2007 - 07:51 AM.

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

... we had a very cool DIR diver with us who you could of dove with!

Who?

DiveAK

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users