• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Diver in Hotlanta

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

:birthday:

My name is Matt and I'm an alco...never mind, wrong message board! :birthday:

Okay, I'll admit that I do have a new addiction...scuba diving! Am I in the right place?

I live in the Atlanta metro area and just earned my NAUI scuba diver certification in September. Outside of my certification dives at Alabama Blue Water Adventures, I've only logged 4 dives so far in Belize and Roatan on a recent Carnival cruise.

Looking for adventure, new friends and dive buddies. Hoping to make a couple of SD trips in 2009: the St. Croix Nekton Liveaboard in Feb and Bonaire in June.

:birthday:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#2 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

:birthday: Hi Matt :birthday: Welcome to SingleDivers :birthday: You have definately found the right place to hang out with a scuba diving addiction! :birthday: I look forward to meeting you on a trip sometime.
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#3 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

Hi Matt! :birthday: to Single Divers!! Yep, if you crave compressed air, desire to delve into the ocean, or just plain want to get wet...this is it! Great to hear you recently became certified...congrads! Hope to see you on an SD trip sometime soon.

#4 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hi Matt, :birthday: to SD!! And welcome to the world of diving!! It is truly an addiction and thankfully no 12-step program has been developed to stop the addiction. I hope you get to join us on a trip soon. St. Croix and Bonaire are both excellent choices - great diving, great people!! I'm in the FL panhandle, which isn't a bad drive from GA. Come on down!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hi Matt, :birthday: to SD!! And welcome to the world of diving!! It is truly an addiction and thankfully no 12-step program has been developed to stop the addiction. I hope you get to join us on a trip soon. St. Croix and Bonaire are both excellent choices - great diving, great people!! I'm in the FL panhandle, which isn't a bad drive from GA. Come on down!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hello and Welcome. Yep, there are a bunch of scuba addicts here. The past 3 weeks is the longest I have been out of the water in the last year. Wait, does the pool count???? Definately in the right spot. Congrats on the cert. Have you got more education scheduled??

#7 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

:birthday: to SD ,hope ur stay is grand :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#8 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

Have you got more education scheduled??

I plan to take a Nitrox class in December or January and on my next dive trip I'd like to do an Advanced Open-Water course. :birthday:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:13 AM

Hola and Welcome to Singledivers from Texas! Glad to have you aboard!! Lets go diving!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:44 AM

:birthday: Matt, my name is Tammy and I, too, am a scuba addict. But, we fit right in to this group because we're all in the same boat! :birthday: Unfortunately, since I HATE diving in Missouri lakes, I don't get wet as often as I'd like. :birthday: Glad to have you aboard. I'll meet you on the Bonaire trip!
Posted Image

#11 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

Rumblebee, you missed us! While you were posting your introductory message, several of us from SD were having a Happy Hour at Dave and Busters over by South Cobb Dr. Welcome to the board, and don't worry, there will be another Happy Hour in a couple of months. Hope you can join us.

Just out of curiousity, what part of town are you in? I'm over on the east side near Emory. Would love to get a chance to go diving with you.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#12 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

:birthday: Welcome to SD! You have definately come to the right place to maintain your addiction! enjoy. :birthday:
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#13 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:01 AM

Welcome to SD Matt! You'll find a lot of codependents here! :lmao:

I'm hoping to jump on the St. Croix trip myself, so I look forward to diving with you. You'll find SD to be a friendly group of avid divers that like to have a great time WHEREEVER we go!

Edited by DiverBabs, 09 November 2008 - 09:01 AM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#14 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hey Matt, welcome to the SD gang... jump on in, the water's always perfect here! :lmao:

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#15 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

Rumblebee, you missed us! While you were posting your introductory message, several of us from SD were having a Happy Hour at Dave and Busters over by South Cobb Dr. Welcome to the board, and don't worry, there will be another Happy Hour in a couple of months. Hope you can join us.

Just out of curiousity, what part of town are you in? I'm over on the east side near Emory. Would love to get a chance to go diving with you.

-JimG

:birthday: JimG!

I live in the Northeast suburbs in Norcross and work up in Johns Creek. :D

That's too bad about the Happy Hour...sounds like I missed a fun time at D&B. I look forward to joining you all at the next one. :lmao:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users