• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08: CORAL SPAWNING in the FLORIDA KEYS Aug 10-15/16 FLOATING HOTEL!

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

The Florida Keys..."DIVE THE WAY YOU WANT TOO"... Krawl ...no shops, no driving, no crowded sites (unless you want too) no worries...Just One Boat Diving Up and Down the Florida Keys!!! Oh yes...and your Floating Hotel too!

Posted ImagePosted Image

HURRY!!! ONLY 24 SPOTS!!! Due to the popularity of this great destination, the great price and the fact that this trip has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE... these spots will not last long! Join us diving ALL OF THE FLORIDA KEYS where the day operators Don't Go Aug 10-15/16, 2009 diving the Beautful Keys without leaving the US! NO PASSPORT NEEDED! Here's Your Chance to Dive ALL the Florida Keys ANYWAY You Want...INCLUDING WATCHING CORAL SPAWN....WOW!!! This will be a SELL OUT TRIP! So hurry... the spots are limited and will sell out quickly at these great prices!
Posted Image

We are excited to partner with SingleDivers.com again with this new and exciting itinerary! SingleDivers.com members are knowledgeable and will bring a wealth of experience in picking out just the right spots to enjoy up and down the Keys. And due to the experience of the divers and the care the organization takes with its members we are pleased to offer drift diving as well as mooring diving up and down the keys. And if you want to do any or all of the wrecks...we'll do those as well. We'll even dock 1 or 2 places along the Keys so you can enjoy the ambiance of the "KEYS" without having to drive, change hotels or dive operators. This is YOUR trip so tell us how you like it and we'll deliver! We look forward to seeing you on the boat in May!

So, I'm looking at numbers: $1250 for five days on this liveaboard. That's $250 a day. And let's presume I can get about 4 dives a day, with free Nitrox fills. Now, if I were just driving myself down to the Keys and diving the ops like usual, each day I would spend about $75 for a two-tank boat ride, $85 with tips. Hotel about $75 if you're not too picky. Two tanks of EANx, about $15. Food about $25. That's $35 cheaper than this liveaboard, BUT THAT'S ONLY DOING TWO DIVES, whereas the liveaboard would be four. Plus, the liveaboard saves all the hassle of loading gear in the car, driving to the dive op, unloading gear, unpacking, setting it all up, then repacking it all so I can drive away, only to do it all again the next day. And most of summer means not having to worry about cancellations due to hurricanes. So this is adding up nicely, even for a Florida native like myself. Now all I need is a carpool ride down there to cut the gas in half - or less, if we can get more to carpool! Plus it sounds like any of us driving down, if we bring extra steel tanks, can use that for leverage with all the out-of-towners! :cheerleader: >*< Fritz

Florida "DIVE THE WAY YOU WANT TOO" Keys Krawl for $1250 shared/occupancy plus FREE NITROX + air/transport to Key West EYW = airport code. (Note: You can fly into MIA or FLL and then drive to Key West or you may be able to catch a ride with our members who will be driving to join the trip as well. This will be captured in the post and is not guaranteed but is a wonderful gesture by our members! If we don't have enough members we can also help you arrange for sharing some rental cars.) Also note that you can bring your own bottle of booze on this boat but beer and wine is available for sale by the boat. You can save EVEN MORE with your premier member rebate after the trip that's another $25 off and with our early booking discount of $25 if you book and pay in full by Dec 15th, 2008....that will put this trip at only $1200!!! This trip requires a $400 non-refundable deposit so please be sure you can go before taking a spot. Non-Diver Pricing: TBD NOTE: The package does NOT include air or transport to Key West but the boat will pay your taxi fare to Stock Island where the boat is docked. Keep your receipt and don't let the taxi driver get away as you can drop your luggage any time after 12 noon but will need to go back into town if it is before 5pm. Pre-Boarding Briefing and dinner is at the Rusty Anchor at 5:30pm and boarding of the boat is at 8pm or when the group gets back from the Rusty Anchor. Keep in mind that you need to arrive at the boat no later than 10pm on the 14th in order to not 'miss the boat'. (MORE INFO ON THE TRANSFERS POSTED BELOW!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

FL Keys Krawl & SPAWNING Availability Update:

SD honors a first come and first served premise that is driven by posting in our community. Once a trip has been filled from the "My Check & Documents in the Mail List" with CONFIRMED deposits/pymnts we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur we'll open up the Waiting List for add'l trip participants. Only deposited members will decrease the number of spots on the trip. Only members who have sent their deposit or paid for the trip TIMELY and have sent in their documents TIMELY i.e. Trip Waiver and Trip Survey will be moved to the official "Who's Going" list. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability is only available in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww

Limited Package Availability (must state pkg registering for at time of booking or booking is not valid. NOTE THAT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL AVAILABILITY LISTING):
Spree Expeditions Florida Keys Krawl Liveaboard Pkg $1250: 24 are avail - 1 requested but not paid - 16 booked and paid so 8 spots left
Spree Expeditions NITROX Pkg $FREE: 24 are avail - 1 requested but not paid so therefore does not reduce avail number of spots - 16 booked so 8 spots left.

Click here for more info on the boat: VIDEO OF BOAT

Who's Going...Only 24 Spots!:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX, shared/occupancy, PAID, FREE NITROX, 16# lead, Can't arrive early but can stay later to dive or sightsee! Waiver/Survey/Spree Waiver rec'd
2. Mike aka Bubble2Bubble - AR, shared/occupancy, Paid $1250, FREE NITROX, 8# Lead, Survey/Waiver/Spree Docs Rec'd
3. Fred aka Clearvis - AL, shared/occupancy, Dep $1250, FREE NITROX, 12# Lead, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
4. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - Houston, TX, shared/occupancy, Paid $1250, FREE NITROX, 10# lead, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
5. Keith aka MNJoe - MN, shared/occupancy, Dep $1250, FREE NITROX, 4# Lead, Large Tank if Available, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
6. Lynne aka GreenTurtle: Shared/occupancy, FREE NITROX, Dep $1250, AIR, 13# Lead, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
7. Carolyn aka Scubachick43 TX: Dep $1250, Shared/occupancy, Nitrox, Rent-a-Buddy Pd, Survey/SDWaiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
8. Jeff aka Sparky103 - NY, shared/occupancy, $1250 Pd, FREE NITROX, 12# Lead, WANT TO CARPOOL from MIA, FLL, MCO, WPB, etc, WANT 100cf tank if avail, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
9. Phyllis aka Stingray1 - TX, Shared occupancy, $1250 PD, Free Nitrox, 14# Lead, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
10. Myra aka Me2Me2 - Shared Occupancy, FREE NITROX, 10# lead, Paid $1250, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
11. Pam aka Pam_b: shared/occupancy, Dep $1250, Free Nitrox, 16# Lead, Survey/Waiver/Spree Docs Rec'd
12. Jim aka Breezin - Shared Occupancy, Pd $1250, Lead 8 #, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd,
13. Mike aka Coziac - Shared Occupancy, Paid $1250, Nitrox, Lead 10#, Survey/SD Waiver, & Spree Waiver Rec'd
14. Harry aka Divingolf - Paid, $1250, Nitrox, Lead #10, Shared Occupancy, SD Survey/Spree Waiver/SD Waiver Rec'd
15. Bruce aka ScubaShafer - Shared Occupancy, Pmt $1250, Nitrox, No Lead, SD Survey/Waiver & Spree Waiver Rec'd
16. Roger aka scubadiv69 - Paid $1250, Shared Occupancy, Lead #8, Free Nitrox, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
17. Joe aka Thatjoeguy IN: Shared/occupancy, Paid $1251, 19# Lead, Interested in Nitrox Class, Need Rental Equipment, SD Survey/Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
18. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Paid $1250, Shared Occupancy, Lead 12#, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Docs Rec'd
19. Jennifer aka Waterbabe - Shared Occupancy, Nitrox, 26 # lead, Dep $1250, Survey/ SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd
20 Richard aka Randomizer - Paid $1250, Shared Occupancy, Free Nitrox, Survey, SD Waiver, & Spree Docs Rec'd
21. Kathy aka ReefKat - shared/occupancy, Dep $1250, Free Nitrox, Lead #25, Survey, Waiver, & Spree Docs Rec'd
22. Irwin aka iwater - Shared Occupancy, Paid $1250, Lead ?, Free Nitrox, SD Survey, SD Waiver/Spree Waiver Rec'd/
23. George aka Aquadiver - Shared Occupancy, Paid $1250, Free Nitrox, Lead #12, Survey/SD Waiver/Spree Waiver & T&C Rec'd

$$$ Received, Waiting on Docs:

24. Que aka SeaUrchin - Shared Occupancy, Free Nitrox, Lead #10, Paid in Full, Survey Rec'd, Need SD and Spree Waiver

Trip Instructor: Bruce aka ScubaShafer
Trip Videographer: Open
Trip Photographer: Bruce aka ScubaShafer

WAIT LIST:

1. Ralph aka vintagedvr
2. Big Gulp
3. Who's next?

Those doing DAN Research and using a Cochran Computer:
1. Kamala aka wreckwench - has her own computer
2. Mike aka Bubble2Bubble
3. Phyllis aka Stingray1
4. Pam aka Pam_b
5. Joe aka ThatJoegu
6. Keith aka MNJoe
7. Harry aka Divingolf - has his own computer
8. Myra aka Me2Me2

Those wanting Certifications:

PRICE SUMMARY:
Nitrox: $100 to SD (you do bookwork in advance or $200 and Instructor spoon feeds you info) + $20 cash for c-card to instructor
AOW: $300 to SD (you do bookwork in advance) + $20 cash for c-card to instructor
Night, Drift, U/W Photo, Wreck etc ASK IN THREAD FOR PRICING!

1. Que aka Sea Urchin - AOW $300 -ck - Paid
2. Jennifer aka Waterbabe - U/W Photo, Navigation - Paid
3. Joe aka ThatJoeguy - Nitrox and AOW

Those Wanting To Stay Later to SightSee:

1. Sandy aka Scubapunk - Staying until the 17th
2. Mike aka Coziac - Staying until the 17th
3. Mike aka Bubble2Bubble - Staying until the 17th
4. Butch aka Cajun diver - Staying until the 17th

Those Wanting To Stay Later to Dive other parts of FL:

Those Wanting To Arrive Early to SightSee and/or Dive other parts of the Keys:

1. SEE SPECIAL DISCUSSION FORUM FOR THIS DISCUSSION. (Send email to trips@singledivers.com for password and link or pm Scubapunk)

Suggested Ride Sharing Plan for the return trip to the airport on the 16th/17th

Return trip from Key West.

Sandy and Mike B. - Driving to MIA on the evening of the 16th and flying out early on the 17th

Harry - FLL – 1:00 pm 16th – Leaving KW @ 6:00 am, has room for one passenger
Mike aka Coziac – FLL – 11:45 – 16

Bruce Driving
Lynn – FLL - 1:00 – 16
Jeff – FLL – 2:05 – 16
Jennifer - FLL - 3:32 - 16

Myra – FLL – 3:53 pm – 16 Driving
Keith – FLL – 4:14 – 16
Irwin – FLL – 4:50 - 16

Fred – FLL – 4:20 – 16 – Driving
Carolyn – FLL – 4:50 – 16
Joe – FLL – 5:05 – 16
Phyllis – FLL – 6:00 – 16

Dropped off at airport by Spree:
Jim – EWR – 10:05 - 16
Pam – EWR – 12:20 – 16
Roger – EWR – 2:21 - 16
Rich - EWR - 7am

Sandy and Mike will ride with them to the airport so we can pick up our rental car.

On their Own:
Kathy – EWR - 18th ?
Kamala and Que – 23rd
Butch – MIA – 3:10 17th

OVERVIEW:

Hey gang... one of our favorite boats has expanded it destinations from just diving Texas! :wakawaka: The Spree is now diving the Florida Keys or the Dry Tortugas...originally named that because it was so far from fresh water...hence the name "Dry" and due to the abundance of turtles seen when Ponce de Leon in 1513 discovered the area! (NOTE: Should the weather change we can go into the Keys or into the Tortugas!) :wakawaka: Many will want to add additional sightseeing and FL diving to this already great trip! And look at that price!!! Where can you do up to 5 dives a day on most days including meals and accommodations for $1250 or $250 per day in a world renown diving venue??? (Please see Full Pkg Details Below.)

So, I'm looking at numbers: $1250 for five days on this liveaboard. That's $250 a day. And let's presume I can get about 4 dives a day, with free Nitrox fills. Now, if I were just driving myself down to the Keys and diving the ops like usual, each day I would spend about $75 for a two-tank boat ride, $85 with tips. Hotel about $75 if you're not too picky. Two tanks of EANx, about $15. Food about $25. That's $35 cheaper than this liveaboard, BUT THAT'S ONLY DOING TWO DIVES, whereas the liveabord would be four. Plus, the liveaboard saves all the hassle of loading gear in the car, driving to the dive op, unloading gear, unpacking, setting it all up, then repacking it all so I can drive away, only to do it all again the next day. And May means not having to worry about cancellations due to hurricanes. So this is adding up nicely, even for a Florida native like myself. Now all I need is a carpool ride down there to cut the gas in half - or less, if we can get more to carpool! Plus it sounds like any of us driving down, if we bring extra steel tanks, can use that for leverage with all the out-of-towners! :wakawaka: >*< Fritz

WHAT YOU'LL SEE:

Hopefully you'll see LOTS of Coral SPAWNING and GETTING IT ON! :teeth: Some of the best diving in the world can be found in the Florida Keys...the problem is you have to move up and down the coast, changing operators sometimes daily as well as hotels. You are taken to the same sites all the time and you rarely get to drift dive which is the BEST kind of diving for the Keys. The Keys are full of wrecks which make a great diving map of 'must see' sites and if the diving isn't perfect in one spot...we'll soon be on another but in the end you'll have REALLY DOVE THE FLORIDA KEYS! And how cool to have your hotel floating with you???? This is a long time dream in creating this trip as I've always wanted to do THE KEYS ON A LIVEABOARD!

How it Will Work: Here is the coolest part...the boat won't tell us where we are diving...we get to tell the boat where we WANT TO DIVE~ :cool1: Keep in mind that not all spots may be suited for a 100ft liveaboard but we should be able to dive just about anything we want. And if there is a mooring such as on a wreck...we'll be able to dive those as well. Sure there may be some spots that are 'worldclass' that we just can't do with such a big dive boat...BUT there should be TONS more that only we can do! And we can do many of these great dives as DRIFT DIVES which can help with the crowded day boat situation. So where have you always wanted to dive? Know any local captains that have coordinates for really cool areas of the reef only reachable by private operators?

Wrecks! Wrecks! And More Wrecks!... This type of itinerary is very suited to get all the primo FL Keys wrecks on the list including the Duane, Bibb, Eagle, Speigal Grove and others you'd like to dive...including the Vandenburg if it gets sunk in time. So while not entirely a wreck trip...we can certainly get in all the 'good ones' as part of our multi-day trip!

Posted ImagePosted Image

SCHEDULED ITINERARY

While each Florida Keys Krawl may vary due to weather and conditions, the outline below will give you a good feel for the exciting week in store for you!

Days Prior to start of our trip: If you wish to arrive early in Key West or other part of Florida or want to combine other diving adventures in conjunction with this one let us know. If you wish to do a back to back let us know and we'll check for a possible discount for you.
Aug 10th Monday: You will fly into Key West, FL (airport code EWY) or any other Florida airport from which you'll either rent a car or share a ride with a fellow SD member. Rides from other cities than Key West are not guaranteed but many of our members from the surrounding FL area will be joining us for this trip so I expect there will be rides to share for the price of gas. If not we'll help you rent cars if enough people want to fly into say Miami (MIA) etc. If you arrive into Key West the boat will pay your taxi fare to Stock Island where the boat is docked about 5 miles away. Keep your receipt and don't let the taxi driver get away as you can drop your luggage any time after 12 noon but will need to go back into town if it is before 5pm. Pre-Boarding Briefing and dinner is at the Rusty Anchor at 5:30pm and boarding of the boat is at 8pm or when the group gets back from the Rusty Anchor. Keep in mind that you need to arrive at the boat no later than 10pm on the 14th in order to not 'miss the boat'. The first evening is filled with boat boarding, briefings and paperwork. Usually the boat does a first come first choose bunk process however SD will do a simple allocation of rooms on the boat to groups of 4 women and 4 men however specific bunks are not assigned. There is one common area that sleeps 8 that we either put groups that snore into or those who request the common area etc. This is decided at the end of the trip when we know the final counts of women and men and sleeping preferences. We will depart sometime in the night so we can be moored up to our first location in the morning.
Aug 11th Tuesday: Our first day of diving will start early...usually 7am and you'll get 5 dives today if you wish. The dive times are specific and will be posted on the board the night before. You'll have 20 minutes from the time the dive window opens aka "the pool is open" to get into the water. If you miss this window you won't have enough time to do your dive and complete a manditory safety obligation and still dive the next dive. So plan to be pre-prepared with nitrox analyzed the night before, gear all set up and weight belt configured. Or just enjoy sleeping in and a long breakfast and plan for the second dive of the morning. Meals are served throughout the day as are snacks. In fact food is basically available all day long and a fruit basket all night. You'll never go hungry on this boat but hopefully you won't gain too much weight either!
Aug 12th Wednesday: Today will be another 5 dive day exploring the reefs and wrecks of the Keys. Where we are at in the Keys will depend on where the groups desires to dive. This is OUR TRIP so let's choose some great memories! Again more food all day long and plenty to drink. Do keep in mind that your first alcoholic drink is your last dive. The boat sells beer and wine and mixers but you can bring a bottle of hard alcohol if you like.
Aug 13th Thursday: Wake up to some of the best diving in the Florida Keys. Most of the dives will be 45 to 85 feet with the wrecks typically being deeper and our first dives of the day. However this is OUR TRIP so we can choose as many or as few wrecks as we like! Today or Monday will be the day we dock somewhere in the Keys to enjoy the ambiance of the night life as well as one of the famous towns that make up the Keys. We will arrive into town early so this will only be a 3 dive day. Currently it is slated to be Marathon (not many docks will take a 110ft boat easily) and they have a bar and restaurant right where we'll dock. In fact we might set up a SD Happy Hour to meet some of our local Florida friends if they couldn't join us on the trip and they wish to meet us here! For those who wish to do more exploring of the locale...taxis will be called and you can split the fees to go into town. Just plan to be back by 12:00 as the boat needs to depart by 12:30 so we can be at our next dive site in the morning and moor away from the dock for the evening.
Aug 14th Friday: If today is not our 'Marathon Day' then we'll do 5 more dives again enjoying a great variety of reef fish, sharks, hopefully eagle rays and turtles.
Aug 15th Saturday: This will be our last day of diving and we'll plan to do 3 dives today but the first one will be early! We'll be steaming back to Key West during this time and allowing gear to dry. When we get to Key West anyone wanting to depart is welcome. Dinner will be in town and we'll stay on the boat one last night enjoying the sights and sounds of Duval Street!
Aug 16th Sunday: This is our official departure day for anyone not departing early on the 15th. We need to leave the boat by 9am and some may want to do some local sightseeing of museums etc until flights later that day or finally making your way back to where you live or flew into. If people want to add extra days of diving onto the back end of the trip let us know so we can help to arrange it for you! Perhaps "Krawl" back up the Keys if you flew into Miami and dive anything we missed on our trip!
Additional Tours: If you want to book add'l tours after our trip let us know! We'll have a full list of them posted soon.

Boat Diving We are diving off a 100 ft vessel that has a large dive deck on the back with 2 ladders for divers to board the boat. If doing a drift dive we will all jump together so we'll stay together and be in 3 small groups of 8 with one person carrying a flag. These groups will be matched based upon air consumption so that when one person needs to ascend all will ascend together. There will be 1 ladder back onto the boat when drift diving and you will only approach the boat once all divers are up and accounted for. We will have the flexibility to do just about any type of dive site and we hope to dive those that no one dives! Shore Diving There wiill be no shorediving on this trip as it is a liveaboard offering 3-5 dives daily. Night Diving You can do a night dive every night of the trip that one is possible except for day of arrival, the night we go into town and the last day where we only do 3 dives. Max Depth: 85-130ft Water Temp: ave 83 degrees F Air Temp: 87 degrees F

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 6 nights/5 days diving and lodging aboard the MV Spree...yes EAT SLEEP & DIVE! - Divers can stay onboard Saturday the 15th but must depart no later than 9am Sunday Aug 16th!
FREE NITROX if nitrox certified (ask about special classes if you are not!)
• Lead and tank rental included
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on the boat each day of diving along with all the snacks in between! (Full dinner not served on our last day but heavy lunch and snacks will be provided!) We will eat in Key West which has world renown cuisine!
• Up to 5 dives daily except for the last day or a total of 22 dives for the week! (Weather and conditions contingent of course.)
• Transfers from the Rusty Anchor restaurant or the Key West Airport INCLUDED!
• Dinner at the Rusty Anchor on Monday Aug 10th included! (Alcohol is not included in our complementary dinner!)
• SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours...yes someone will be celebrating someplace...come and join us! (Soda & Beer/Wine available for sale by the boat. You can bring a bottle of hard alcohol for the boat if you like.)
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available
• All taxes and Marine Park fees included

PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:

• Airfare or Transportation to Key West or Stock Island (10 miles from Key West). The cabbies all know where stock island is as that is where all the cab companies are located!
• Transfer from any airport other than Key West Airport. (However many of our members have offered to pick up members from FLL, MIA etc and/or carpool from various destinations in Florida. Post in the thread so we can work this all out!)
• Drinks at Rusty Anchor on Aug 10th our day of arrival
• Dinner our last night on the boat Aug 15th (we'll do dinner in Key West for those wanting to join us!)
Your own towels! (You'll need one for regular showers and the dive deck) or consider one of SD's newest Travel Micro Towels found here!
• Additional boat dives in Florida or additional sightseeing
• Rental, instruction and retail charges
• Crew gratuities usually 15% for a liveaboard
• Fuel Surcharge(s) if applicable. (CURRENTLY NO FUEL SURCHARGE however subject to change 30 days prior to departure)
• Trip Insurance...we STRONGLY urge you get trip Insurance...its cheap and it will save your vacation if the unexpected happens! (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
DAN or equivalent Insurance ...we REQUIRE that you have DAN or equivalent trip insurance for this and all diving trips. For $99 a year or less you can be airvac'd to medical attention or treated in a chamber...don't gamble with your life! PLEASE REFERENCE REFERRAL #1603080 when signing up!
• DIVE Insurance is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for. (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)

OPTIONAL:

• Extra Dives in Florida...PLEASE see the special discussion forum for these discussions. Contact trips@singledivers.com for the password and link if needed.
• Extra nights in Key West or other parts of FL! Check out this great 'What to Do in Key West' FAQ!
• Night Dives are Optional but Included: Please bring at least one light per diver, one tank marker and one back up light per buddy team.
• While computers are required...you can participate in DAN Research and use a Cochran Computer for FREE! Simply aid us in getting DAN your dive profiles and you'll be able to use a new state-of-the-art computer for FREE as well as qualify for special discounts if you want to own one yourself!

DISCOUNTS:

•$25 mail-in rebate eligible after trip for SD premier and above memberships
•Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.
•If diving a Cochran Computer for DAN research, you will be qualified for significant equipment discounts for up to 6 months after your trip. (Contact us for more info!)

TRANSFERS:

Key West: Upon arrival to the Key West Airport (IF you have supplied your travel details to SingleDivers.com in advance) a driver will pick you up and take you to the boat to drop your bags. Be looking for a Spree Expeditions sign. Your transfers are part of your trip price. Stock Island The Rusty Key Restaurant: If you are meeting us at the restaurant you'll follow the group back to the boat where you can park your car at the Marina. Stock Island Marina: If you are meeting at the boat, you can drop luggage but will not be able to board until after dinner at the Rusty Anchor. Any Other Locations/Airports: Our wonderful members have offered to help with carpooling and pickups at local area Florida airports. PLEASE post in the thread if you'd like to participate in this generous offer and we will help to organize who can pick up from where. If a bunch of you want to fly into FLL or MIA then we'll help you organize shared rides, rental cars or lodgings as well as extra diving. Just let us know! Most people will want to add days to this trip so instead of making it mandatory we are allowing you complete flexibility to do it 'YOUR WAY'! :respect:

FLORIDA KEYS AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

SD honors a first come and first served premise that is driven by posting in our community. (Posting means you register on our site which is free and you then post in this thread/topic telling us you want a spot and your payment is on its way! CONSIDER upgrading to premier membership as its only $35 and you can get $25 of it back after the trip! Plus it's a safe easy way to communicate with other members on the trip and on the site!) Once a trip has filled up from the "My Check & Documents is in the Mail List" and the confirmed "deposits/pymnts list" we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur we'll open up the "Waiting List" for new trip participants. Only deposited members will decrease the number of spots on the trip. Only members who have sent their deposit or paid for the trip and have sent in their documents i.e. Trip Waiver and Trip Survey and Boat Survey will be moved to the official "Who's Going" list. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability and trip updates are only accurate in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww

TEMPS & CONDITIONS:

The weather in Florida is remarkably consistent year-round but the waters in the Dry Tortugas Marine Park are the WARMEST on this trip. The temperatures range in the 80's-90's during this time of year and the water temps are in the low to mid 80's making this truly a diving 'dream'!

ARRIVAL:

Aug 10th is our official trip arrival day but you can arrive anytime. (Many divers will be diving up and down the Keys before and/or after the trip using land based ops or sightseeing.) The only thing planned for day 1 is getting to the boat to drop off luggage, doing some sight seeing and eating dinner at 5:30 at the Rusty Anchor in Stock Island, then after dinner getting settled in and having fun! You can drop your luggage off at the boat anytime but can't board until after dinner at Rusty Anchors or approx 7pm. Again you arrive via Key West or other Florida airports and then carpool or commute to Stock Island (10 miles from Key West). Use the thread to help with carpooling and travel arrangements.

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. Tell us what style of room you want if there is a choice; single or double occupancy, if you need rental gear, are diving nitrox or want any instruction on the trip. Also tell us if arriving a day or two early or if taking your chances and arriving the day of departure. Then tell us if you are departing on the 15th or 16th or staying later. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days. NOTE: If we receive payment from someone else before you and the spots are limited on the trip then the first person's cash/payment will be honored first and they will get the spot. If the trip is nearly full please use one of our instant payment options remembering to pay the 3% convenience fee.) Once we receive your deposit of $400 we'll move you to the "Who's Going List."
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey and send it to TRIPS@SINGLEDIVERS.COM plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release along with the Spree Application and Waiver and Terms & Conditions and send it via fax to 864-944-6869 [note: this is our new fax number, and is effective May 14] which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.) PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR SURVEYS TO KAMALA...SEND THEM TO TRIPS@SINGLEDIVERS.COM. Also read the thread 'Everything you need to know about SingleDivers.com trips" including our cancellation policies located here.
3. Send your deposit of $400 for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted in this trip thread and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. If we need to know what time you are arriving, if you need rental gear, if driving or flying or how much lead you need, you MUST include this with your initial reservation post or shortly thereafter.
5. As you make progress payments we will post them in the thread/trip topic and update this first post to show we've rec'd your payment. As we receive your waivers, surveys and flight details we'll post them in the thread and then update this main post. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY UPDATE YOU RECEIVE REGARDING RECEIPT OF THESE ITEMS SO PLEASE MONITOR THE THREAD FREQUENTLY.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name, along with TRIP NAME in the details section. PLEASE include all details as to what you are paying for so our accountant will be able to credit your account correctly! :cheerleader:

If paying via check or money order, please make Payments Payable to SingleDivers.com LLC and send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
732 Dive Buddy Lane
Salem, SC 29676
FAX: 864-944-6769
kamala@singledivers.com

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:

ASAP: $400 deposit immediately

PROGRESS PAYMENTS:

a. $400 due at booking and must be rec'd within 7 days to hold your spot!
b. Apr 9, 2009: $450
c. Jun 9, 2000: $400

Note: Trip must be paid in full 60 days prior to departure.

BOAT INFORMATION:

• 100' live-aboard, air conditioned/heated
• Customized for Gulf diving, including large dive platform, gear-donning benches, and huge sun deck.
• Two breathing air compressors.
• Triple screw (whatever that means), 13 knots cruising speed,
• Four fresh-water rinse tanks for rinsing dive gear, computers, and cameras. Inside charging stations for charging strobes, cameras, laptops, etc.
• DVD, VCR, TV, and stereo on board.
• A total crew of 8, including 2 captains, 2 divemasters, a chef, a steward(ess), a sanctuary trained naturalist, and a photo pro.
• All bedding provided.
• Four heads, four showers (two public, two private.) - Don't forget your own towels!
• Full galley serves three meals a day, snacks and beverages all day (soda and beer for sale.)

HOTEL & SIGHTSEEING INFORMATION:

If staying extra days/nights in Key West see some great hotel options on the Spree FAQ located here!

WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY:

To date, the Spree has experienced very little adverse weather at the Dry Tortugas especially in early to mid-August one of the nicest times to dive! But with all remote diving destinations, the Spree watches the marine forecasts continuously to monitor for weather. If the seas are forecast to be 4 feet or higher on dive days, the dives will be cancelled. The trip will depart in no more than 5-foot seas only if the boat is confident that the waves will subside to less than 3 feet on dive days. The trip could be cancelled in less than 5-foot seas if there is weather in the forecast that could cause the seas to increase above the 5-foot mark. In the unlikely event of a blow out, unused trip fees will be refunded as quickly as possible.

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. Check Here OFTEN for Important Updates: Check here often for updates. If you are reading the thread you'll see them but we will post the most important ones here in this main post. Please check back here often as we do not email or mail updates to members.

2. For great information please check Dry Tortugas FAQ

Thread FAQ:
Q. Can we arrive early or stay late and do some extra diving or sightseeing in the area?
A. Absolutely! Just post here in this thread/topic that you want to do that so we can help you plan it!

Q. What is the cost of nitrox? What if I don't dive it?
A. NITROX is FREE!!! If you don't dive it then AIR IS FREE! However ask us about specials on learning to dive nitrox on this trip!

Q. Are married divers allowed on this trip?
A. Sure! We have many married but buddyless divers join our trips all the time and we even have a few 'couples' join us as well! All are welcome but need to be 'single and solo friendly'! :dazzler:

TRIP INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TRIP. PLEASE obtain TRIP insurance as it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. REMEMBER IF YOU MISS THE BOAT….YOU MISS THE TRIP! You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc .

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!
--or--
Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

DIVE INSURANCE IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP. DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.

Click here for Diver's alert Network and use our reference ID 1603080.
--or--
Click here for Dive Assure where you can get BOTH TRIP & DIVE insurance in one convenient package!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

This trip is now open for booking by our premier and above members for 7 days until Jan 16th, 2009!

This trip will fill fast as it is a special booking...CORAL SPAWNING! Discussions are underway to run a national advertising campaign for this trip so don't wait too long. Also it is my understanding that this is the ONLY year we'll be able to do a private charter for Coral Spawning...so join the fun and tell your friends!

Only 23 spots left! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

Well I'm definitely going. I just can't get enough of the MV Spree! I've been wanting to see the Coral Spawning for a long time. :respect:

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

put me on the list for this trip, and i will be sending a deposit shortly

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#5 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

put me on the list for this trip, and i will be sending a deposit shortly

:cool1: Gottcha!

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

When signing up for this trip :

When I add divers to the boat manifest, I am required to give them this information:

1) Name, Address, Telephone #
2) Certification Level
3) How much lead you need
4) Any dietary restrictions

So please let me know your lead requirements when you sign up and get your SD Surveys in to me as soon as possible so I can get you on the manifest.

:cool1:

#7 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

YES YES :cool1:
Please put me down as GOING :birthday: I will fax my deposit in soon, Now WW dont wait by the fax machine like last time (a watched pot never boils) go ahead and do your regular activities today :dance: just run those numbers when they come in and post them :wakawaka: also put me down for the DAN research thing :wakawaka: Ummmm O ya put me down for Nitrox and 8lbs of lead.

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

Please put me down as GOING :birthday: I will fax my deposit in soon, Now WW dont wait by the fax machine like last time (a watched pot never boils) go ahead and do your regular activities today :elf: just run those numbers when they come in and post them :dance: also put me down for the DAN research thing :wakawaka: Ummmm O ya put me down for Nitrox and 8lbs of lead.

Bubski

:wakawaka: Cool! We couldn't go without you Bubs. :dance:

#9 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

Count me in!!

Deposit and info being sent.

I need 4#'s of lead.

Keith

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#10 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

Count me in!!

I need 4#'s of lead.

Keith

Got you on the list Keith!

#11 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

1) Name, Address, Telephone # will come through with surveys but it hasnt changed since the last spree trip.
2) Certification Level DM
3) How much lead you need 12 lbs (currently but that may change)
4) Any dietary restrictions none really

yes i will be in early and out late as I want to see as much of the area as possible, that and have a little fun and see some family in florida

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#12 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

I will be bringing my camera rig with me (the new one im getting for bonaire), so you can expect me to be taking photos out the wazu (wide angle and macro)

Also another note, by the time this trip hits i may have my UW photo Instructor card so i could teach that specialty to anyone that is interested. Lets not make that official till i have the card and everything is good.

Tooth

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

I will be bringing my camera rig with me (the new one im getting for bonaire), so you can expect me to be taking photos out the wazu (wide angle and macro)

Also another note, by the time this trip hits i may have my UW photo Instructor card so i could teach that specialty to anyone that is interested. Lets not make that official till i have the card and everything is good.

Tooth

Well let us know...and glad you can join us! :cool1:

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

Count me in!!

I need 4#'s of lead.

Keith

Great news Keith....its just not a trip without you! :cool1:

Besides...who else will I borrow 'rubber' from when I forget my hose????? :birthday:

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Please put me down as GOING :birthday: I will fax my deposit in soon, Now WW dont wait by the fax machine like last time (a watched pot never boils) go ahead and do your regular activities today :dance: just run those numbers when they come in and post them :dance: also put me down for the DAN research thing :wakawaka: Ummmm O ya put me down for Nitrox and 8lbs of lead.

Bubski

Ok I promise not to wait with baited breath....but do get it to me as soon as you can! :wakawaka:

p.s. What punkie said!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users