• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HOUSTON SINGLEDIVERS HAPPY HOUR

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

Mark your calendars! We will be in celebration mode :teeth: on August 26th. I'm starting early on the planning for this one, cause time has a way of getting away from me these days. Blackhawk has selected the location for this Happy Hour since it's going to be his Birthday, so come on out and give him a Spankin!! He has choosen Mulligans on 1960, which he gives rave reviews from what he can remember, and assuming it's the same bar he was at when he had such a great time. :lmao:

Also, this is the weekend before the departure for Roatan for all those lucky people going on the trip. :diver: This will be a great opportunity for those in the Houston area who are going on the trip to get together and meet before the trip.

So come on out and join the party! Pass this invite along to anyone you think may be interested in joining us. This establishment has no web site that I can find, so you'll need to map quest it for directions. I'm sure, I mean I think...Blackhawk may be able to give us directions, although he sees in 3s when he leaves the place. :teeth:

Mulligans
5304 FM1960 Rd E
Humble, TX 77346
281-852-6996
Time: 7:00 pm

I will get more info on what will be available for us at Mulligans and post it when available. See you all there!

#2 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

As an added bonus, I thought I would throw this in as a possible pre-HH party. The night before; Friday, August 25; the band The Fab 5 will be playing at Mixers, Elixirs & IMAX® held at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Click here to get all the information but it is held each Friday during the summer. The HMNS is located near downtown Houston.

Some of you may remember me talking about this band a couple of months ago but they are a Houston-area oldies band that plays a lot of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kinks, Elvis, and other rock songs from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I had seen them play before and even know several of the members, saw them play last night and they brought it! The dance floor was full the entire night!

When it gets a little closer to the date, I will post a note out to see who might be interested in coming.
-Mitch-

#3 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

Is it time yet? I so need a vacation and this is a good start! :banghead:
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#4 sudsymark

sudsymark

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:05 AM

:welcome: Count me in....Its been so long since I have gotten out of the classroom, I need a break...certifying all those new divers is exhausting. :hiya:
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#5 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

Sandy, you know I am in! Now let's see if any of our other Houston-area folks will come as well as the usual suspects from Dallas, Tyler, Arkansas, and other points in between!
-Mitch-

#6 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

As of now, I should be in town that weekend, and if so, will try to come. Also, the Fab 5 the night before sounds good, too.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#7 scubarw50

scubarw50

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

Sandy I will be there this time for sure. There will be no emergencies or boys home on leave this time. I even know where Mulligans is located.
See you soon.
Ron

#8 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

Just an FYI for the other martial arts fan mulligans will probably have the UFC fight on the big screen. I'll be sure to find out for sure next time I'm there :cool2:
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#9 jimbob

jimbob

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Logged Dives:unknow

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

man sorry I'm going to miss another get together maybe after the summer going diving this weekend maybe next time hope yall have a good time

#10 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:11 PM

Jimbob, I am so sorry you will not be able to make it.

There is only one week left. This is the last chance for divers to meet before Roatan.

The members that will be there so far, that I have either heard from or seen on this thread are: Stingray1, Sudsymark, Scubagirl, Mitch0129, Blackhawk, Mantarraya, RWScuba, Seahuntress, Cozygirl, and the Punk. Of course there are always the regular lurkers that are near and dear to our hearts here in Houston, who we never see on the board but point them to a Happy Hour and they come out of lurking status!

So who's going to join us??? Come on out, and bring a guest!!

#11 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

I should be there barring anything that comes up that weekend. I restart classes the following monday and I'm finishing up my instructor crossover training to PADI.

Hopefully I'll see everyone there!

:D

#12 jimbob

jimbob

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Logged Dives:unknow

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

man I tryed to move this trip on saterday to friday but some of the others could not make it friday. we r going to a wreck that I found last year that was holding lots of fish then hope its still is well yall have a good time maybe if u do this next month I can make it then thinks start to slow down by then. later

#13 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:15 AM

There is only one week left. This is the last chance for divers to meet before Roatan.

The members that will be there so far, that I have either heard from or seen on this thread are: Stingray1, Sudsymark, Scubagirl, Mitch0129, Blackhawk, Mantarraya, RWScuba, Seahuntress, Cozygirl, and the Punk. Of course there are always the regular lurkers that are near and dear to our hearts here in Houston, who we never see on the board but point them to a Happy Hour and they come out of lurking status!

I have 2 or 3 or 4 or 10 non SD people coming... :D

#14 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

And I'm bringing a couple of girls, one ex-diver, one-wantabe diver.
See ya'll Saturday.
Phyllis

#15 CozyGirl

CozyGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

SP...

Am I one of those lurkers you were referring to??? I will try to join y'all but will be late... Might bring a friend or two...

Cozygirl :unsure:
Cozy Girl (AKA Patty)
Do what you can... with what you have... where you are.
* Theodore Roosevelt *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users