• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

BOOK NOW TOPIC (New) Goliath Groupers Aug 7-11,2020

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2022 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now   See the PHOTOS!

WAIT...AM I IN THE RIGHT PLACE? THIS IS NOT A SHOPPING CART :(

• Yes you are in the right place. I know that normally you see our shopping cart and pick your package option and then pay. But due to the Corona Virus we've had to change the booking of this trip slightly to reflect the fluid nature of travel today.
  • So this is UNIQUE for this trip only!
  • We hope it will be as SIMPLE as you are used to booking travel with us.
  • If you have any questions PLEASE don't hesitate to contact us via trips@singledivers.com or 864-557-6079 which is my number and the official SD.com number.  We will help you in ANY way needed! :thankyou:

HOW TO BOOK THE GOLIATH FLORIDA GROUPER LONG WEEKEND TRIP (SHORT DIRECTIONS)

1. Read all details for pricing terms & conditions, payment deadlines, insurance options etc. HERE (or click on links above or in the trip table on the main website You are currently in our flagship forums.)

2. Tell us what you want aka "SIGN UP" by posting HERE in our Who's Going Topic or below in this BOOK NOW topic which pkg below or optional items (don't forget tanks) THIS RESERVES YOUR SPOT (see the booking questions to answer for us in the 2nd post of this "Book Now" topic you are currently reading)

• Diving Only Aug 8-10 (2) tank dives daily for total of 6 dives (see prices HERE)
  • Diving + Hotel d/o (double occupancy)
  • Diving + Hotel s/o (single occupancy
  • We will have a limited number of spots available for just PART of the 3 days scheduled so if you can't do them all then we can accommodate that. You can also just do the 2 tank dives in the afternoon as well. Each day of 2 tank dives is $87

3. Choose your options (see below. This can be done anytime but availability is limited on diving options)

• Optional 2 tank dive on Sat afternoon  $87 includes taxes
  • Optional 2 tank dive on Sun afternoon $87 includes taxes
  • Optional BHB Blue Heron Bridge Dive on Monday  $Price of Dive Tank fill or rental (if needing new tank) NOTE: Its the best timing for the dive and a weekday so not as crowded
  • Optional BHB dive on Sunday $Price of Dive Tank fill or rental (if needing new tank) NOTE: You will be rushed to make this dive so only suggest hard core bridge divers plus its on the weekend so 3x as crowded
  • No diving for me ...just relaxing $0
  • No diving for me...just sightseeing $0
  • No diving for me...just shopping/other $0

4. Choose your Tanks (Tanks are NOT included in the pricing. Pls select from below. STRONGLY SUGGEST NITROX DUE TO DEPTHS. Also NOTE: Price is per tank so you must order enough to cover your 6 trip dives and any optional dives you are doing including BHB)

RENTALS (the boat will load and replace all rentals but not fills):

• Alum Air 80  $10 + tax
  • Steel Air 80  $15 + tax
  • Alum Nitrox 80 36% $15 + tax
  • Steel Nitrox 80 36%  $20 + tax

FILLS: (Must own your own tanks to utilize fills and you will ensure your own tanks are filled)

• Air 80 TBA
  • Nitrox 80  TBA
  • Air 100 TBA
  • Nitrox 100  TBA

5. Pay for your pkg and/or options via THIS Link COMING APPROX 45 DAYS OUT OR TRIP SELLS OUT!.  NOTE pricing is already discounted for cash so only enter the cash price then choose echeck or credit card and proceed.

6. Once paid you are CONFIRMED & PAID.

HOW TO BOOK THE GOLIATH FLORIDA GROUPER LONG WEEKEND TRIP (FULL DIRECTIONS)

1.   First read the trip details HERE if you have not done so already or use the button above.

2.   To see who else is going please click HERE or use the button above.

3.   To see what you'll see click HERE or use the button above.

4.   To ask questions please click HERE or use the button above.

5.   Ok NOW you are ready to book. So choose which pkg you are signing up for below + OPTIONALS + TANKS

• Diving Only Aug 8-10 (2) tank dives daily for total of 6 dives
  • Diving + Hotel d/o (double occupancy)
  • Diving + Hotel s/o (single occupancy

6.   After checking to be sure you are logged into the SingleDivers.com forums (see upper right corner) so you can make a POST in this topic you are reading telling us what pkg you want to sign up for.

7.   This post will allow us to put you on the MASTER LIST BELOW Of who is doing what.

8.   You can also advise what optional things you'd like to do so we can help organize those as well. See below for list of optional activities and/or additional diving

SUGGESTED ITINERARY:

Friday: 

• Travel day to Florida for the long weekend. (Can arrive anytime you want. Use THIS post to discuss arrival and departure times to facilitate getting from the airport to the hotel, dive boat etc.
  • Rest of day is free but suggest we all get together for dinner once we know who arrives when.

Saturday:

• 2 tank am dives leaving the following options for your afternoon: 
  • Lunch either after diving (making it an earlier lunch) or after showering (making it a later lunch)
  • Additional 2 tank afternoon dives for a total of 4 dives this day.
  • Relaxing which could entail shopping, napping, beach combing etc.
  • Sightseeing which could entail checking out cool things to do locally
  • Dinner could be on your own or we can set a 'group dinner' time to set up reservations etc depending on the size of the group.

Sunday:

• BHB dive immediately following the boat dives. TIMING WILL BE TIGHT & BHB CROWDED SO ONLY SUGGEST FOR THE MOST DIEHARD DIVERS (Need to know to help with tanks, logistics, buddies)
  • Lunch either after diving (making it an earlier lunch) or after showering (making it a later lunch)
  • Additional 2 tank afternoon dives for a total of 4 dives this day. ALSO GREAT OPTION FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DIVE DIVE DIVE
  • Dinner could be on your own or we can set a 'group dinner' time to set up reservations etc depending on the size of the group and what people want to do.

Monday:

• BHB dive immediately following the boat dives. TIMING IS BEST FOR TODAY AND (Need to know to help with tanks, logistics, buddies)
  • OR Additional (1) tank afternoon dives for a total of 3 dives this day.(this day can be set up as the 3 dive pkg deal that is $30 less and includes lunch)
  • Dinner could be on your own or we can set a 'group dinner' time to set up reservations etc depending on the size of the group.

Tuesday:

• Heading home for most of you. Use THIS topic to discuss coordinating rides to the airport etc.

NEXT STEPS:

• Once we figure out what people THINK they want to do we can then firm up any plans that require boat or diving commitments and lock in.
  • A note about all the planning... the old saying of plan your dive...dive your plan applies to mini dive trips too! Once everyone sort of gets a feel for what the others want to do then we can set it up. The virus has given us additional flexibility but with some limits. Grouper Aggregation in S. Florida is HUGE EVERY YEAR and will be as big or bigger this year if pent up demand explodes on top of a normally crazy high season time of year.
  • We have enough flexibility to allow people time to think and plan but also ENSURE WE GET OUR SPOTS ON THE BOAT.
  • So for example I have all our spots covered for Sat, Sun and Mon am. I have some spots covered for Sat pm diving and/or Monday  if it makes more sense to do a 3 tank boat option Monday by doing the bridge on Sat am.

NEED HELP?

If you have questions please email trips@singledivers.com or you can call 864-557-6079 and speak to Kamala. Thanks and we hope to see you blowing bubbles with our grouper friends soon!

PAYMENT:

Payment to the operators are due 50 days PRIOR to the trip so that is Jun 19. So I have to have your payment by Jun 15th so I can pay them. NOTE: We may have to free up any unpaid spots to allow people on who are willing to pay. As always if you have extenuating circumstances please contact kamala@singledivers.com

PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR GOLIATH GROUPER GOLIATH WEEKEND (19 spots avail)

see master list in our Who's Going Topic HERE

Edited by WreckWench, 27 June 2020 - 09:22 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

WHOOPS... we were not clear about WHERE to post you want to join us. I'm sorry. I have modified the post above to take you to our WHO'S GOING topic (you can get there via the button at the top of every trip post ...its blue and says Who's Going in white letters. Or you can click it HERE and be taken to it directly. Once there click on ADD POST (be sure to be logged in) and then just tell us what you want.  You can answer these questions below in this topic or copy them and paste them into a new post and answer them in our Who's Going Topic! (We will get everything consolidated into the Who's Going Topic regardless to keep track of all the trip details)

WHAT TO TELL US TO SIGN UP either HERE or below:

1. Double or single occupancy?
  2. How many nites of hotel? (If doing all 3 days of diving we assume you arrive Friday the 7th and dive the 8th, 9th, 10th and then depart Tues the 11th. That is 4 nites of hotel.  Some are checking out before diving on Monday and not staying in WPB that evening. We can't guarantee a double occupancy for any rooming configuration but will do our best to help you with a roommate for every night that you want one.)
  3. Diving sat, sun & mon am? (this is considered the main pkg)
  4. Diving sat afternoon (optional so add'l charge)?
  5. Diving sun afternoon (optional so add'l charge(?
  6. Blue Heron Bridge dive on Monday?
  7. What tanks you want? (Note all tank options have different prices see the post above for details)
  • Alum or Steel tanks or have your own?
  • Rental tanks or fills? (if doing fills you are responsible for your fills. Rental tanks come filled already)
  • Air or Nitrox (we STRONGLY recommend nitrox as your bottom time will be really limited diving air
  • What size tank ie. 80cf or 100cf
  • How many tanks you want and don't forget the BHB dive on Monday but since its only in 20-25 ft of water many will choose air for that dive to save some money.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 gasman

gasman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:DIVEMASTER
  • Logged Dives:480

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:39 AM

DIVING & HOTEL D/O rooming with Kim

SAT  2 AM DIVES  2 PM DIVES

SUN 2 AM DIVES 2 PM DIVES

MON 2 AM DIVES

BLUE HERON BRIDE

11 RENTAL TANKS NEEDED

ALUMINUM NITROX

• WreckWench likes this

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

DIVING & HOTEL D/O rooming with Kim

SAT  2 AM DIVES  2 PM DIVES

SUN 2 AM DIVES 2 PM DIVES

MON 2 AM DIVES

BLUE HERON BRIDE

11 RENTAL TANKS NEEDED

ALUMINUM NITROX

PERFECT!!!  Thank you Lonnie aka gasman! :wakawaka:

We are putting you on the Who's Going List HERE.

formerly...

#5 TXSeaNymph

TXSeaNymph

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster Candidate
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:16 PM

Hotel, 4 nights double occupancy, Saturday 2 am and 2 pm dives, Sunday 2 am and 2 pm dives, Monday 2 am dives and Blue Herron Bridge, 80CF, Aluminum and nitrox

• WreckWench likes this

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:22 PM

Hotel, 4 nights double occupancy, Saturday 2 am and 2 pm dives, Sunday 2 am and 2 pm dives, Monday 2 am dives and Blue Herron Bridge, 80CF, Aluminum and nitrox

EXCELLENT!!!  We'll get you on the list! And we look forward to meeting you!

formerly...

#7 James from DC

James from DC

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:06 PM

Hello Single Divers and Kamala,

I would like to sign up for this trip.

I think I would like to plan for 2 tanks each of Saturday and Sunday morning AND afternoon.  8 dives total.

For Monday, the 2 tank dive in the morning and the BHB after the 2 tank dive.

I will rent Steel 100 tanks using nitrox.

I can do D/O at the Super 8.  I sleep with ear plugs.  I snore.  :-)

It could be that I might get exhausted by Monday and want to skip a dive, but I'm going to try and stick to the schedule above.

Thanks,

James

#8 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:59 PM

Hello Single Divers and Kamala,

I would like to sign up for this trip.

I think I would like to plan for 2 tanks each of Saturday and Sunday morning AND afternoon.  8 dives total.

For Monday, the 2 tank dive in the morning and the BHB after the 2 tank dive.

I will rent Steel 100 tanks using nitrox.

I can do D/O at the Super 8.  I sleep with ear plugs.  I snore.  :-)

It could be that I might get exhausted by Monday and want to skip a dive, but I'm going to try and stick to the schedule above.

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

We have you on the Going list, Kamala will email an invoice and how to pay since this trip is not part of the usual Booking System process.

NOTE: There is no Steel 100cf tanks option currently offered for this trip. Consequently we have you down for a total of 10 ALUMINUM 100 tanks for all the boat trips and 1 ALUMINUM 80 for BHB since it is such a shallow dive. Please reply to this post and either confirm this arrangement works for you or if you would like Steel 80cf tanks as a buoyancy preference? :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#9 EagleRayLover

EagleRayLover

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:402

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

Sign me up  :wavey:

Diving + Hotel S/O

Hotel – 4 nights. Check in 8/7, check out 8/11.

Afternoon dives on Sunday, 8/9.

BHB dive on Monday, 8/10.

AL 80 Nitrox rentals (8) plus one AL 80 air for BHB dive on Monday.

Delta # 2086 arriving FLL 12 noon 8/7.

Delta # 1671 departing FLL 3:55 PM 8/11.

Will check with Thor regarding sharing a rental car.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Beth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users