• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SOLD OUT!!!.....SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING: Feb 18-20 and 21/22, 2022 FLORIDA Dive & Snorkel MANATEES & BHB

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:41 PM

SOLD OUT.... while getting this ready to open in our booking system we basically sold out to one of our partner dive shops all available inventory. Because this trip is so popular and in such hot demand we are working on another date for late 2022 or early 2023. Stay tuned and we are sorry for the inconvenience of not having a great trip to offer everyone.

SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING:

Feb 18-20 and 21/22, 2022 FLORIDA Dive & Snorkel MANATEES & BHB

See more pictures HERE   

gallery_2_366_85857.jpg

We will have full details on this amazing trip soon! Please start the planning process to join us!

Date:  Feb 18-20 MANATEES and 21/22 OPTIONAL BLUE HERON BRIDGE DIVES, 2022 FLORIDA 

Where: Crystal River, FL and Riveria Beach FL (BHB)

How:  via You can fly into Orlando or Tampa or even South Florida and then drive to Crystal River. We will be helping with carpooling and ride sharing options for our members. So let us know if you plan to drive or fly and if you plan to rent a car or would like to share a car rental and/or rideshare with others members.

We will do the Manatees first then we will head to the West Palm Beach area to dive the Blue Heron Bridge. The tides are midday so that usually means fewer locals diving. And being during 'winter' many locals will not dive during the winter so that is a bonus for us.

We will book hotel rooms and set up the logistics for you for this EXTREMELY AMAZING and FUN BUT UNIQUE and INEXPENSIVE OPPORTUNITY to dive and snorkel with one of the world's most unique creatures and in one of the world's most unique diving venues!

Why:  Our members have always asked that we run a manatee trip but being new to Florida and knowing that all operators are not created equally...its taken us time to learn the ropes so you don't have too! We have amassed the expertise needed to FINALLY RUN THIS TRIP and it will be simply amazing!!!  And given how hard hit many have been by covid and economic issues... an economical trip that is fun, family friendly and different seems perfect for soothing the diving and snorkeling blues after the holidays!

Pricing: Pricing for double occupancy should be UNDER $500 including some great early booking specials to include a guided dive at the Bridge. Depending on interest we can plan one to two days diving the bridge including hotel etc. The idea of the bridge was to help fill out a long weekend option OVER PRESIDENT'S DAY for those wanting to maximize the price of transportation to Florida and keep overall pricing economical!

PRICING UPDATE as of Oct 8, 2021:

It appears that the d/o manatee and crystal river will be about $450 each plus tax (working on that final figure) and the s/o will be about $600 plus tax and the Blue Heron Bridge will be $260 + tax double and $475 + tax single occupancy.

The hotel plays a big part in the pricing but we also are paying for a BHB guide as well. They know where the critters are at. The BHB part will be optional so will be structured a bit differently in our booking system when we finalize the set up this coming week.

Other Interesting Stuff: This will be our first trip EVER to CRYSTAL RIVER FOR THE MANATEES and our local Florida resources have given us super tips and intel on when to go and how to maximize the trip....So stay tuned...

What:  Save these dates....simply post in this topic to have us add your name to the "I'm Interested List" and we will let you know when this trip is open for booking Or you can send an email to trips@singledivers.com with your screen name, email you used to register on the SD.com site with and that you'd like to be added to the notify list!

NOT A MEMBER YET?  Simply click on REGISTER in the upper right and CREATE A FUN SCREEN NAME such as WreckWench or ScubaPunk or CajunDiver or Luv2Dive etc and then you can post to SAVE THE DATE yourself! (Note only upgraded members of our club can book our trips so get a head start on that process now!)

NEED HELP?  Email trips@singledivers.com or admin@sngledivers.com for assistance.

ADD MY NAME TO THE NOTIFY LIST (just login and post below to be added to the list):  ** represents standard members so notified by email

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
  2. Karen aka KSue44
  3. Jaque aka Jaque
  4. Sharon aka SaltyAngel
  5. Cindy aka SundanceDiver
  6. Tom aka SpaceDiver
  7.  Marcia aka LovesToDive
  8.  Jeff aka JHeyNow
  9.  Christine aka kittydiverChris
  10. Tara aka Aquarium Diver**
  11. Karin aka Moorishidol
  12. Caleb aka Paradoxx
  13. Tom aka Tshizz1e
  14. Krystin aka Knkcm3**
  15. Keith aka MNJoe**
  16. Joel AKA GigemDiver +1 Cindy (snorkeler)
  17. Andrew aka BlueBoat**
  18. Katie aka GingerSnap
  19. Tori aka Otterhavefun
  20. Bill aka DiveTimer
  21. Patricia aka Bluetang
  22.  Dan aka DiverDann
  23.  Mark aka ZorcaSailor
  24.  Dawne aka DiverDawne

Edited by WreckWench, 15 January 2022 - 10:09 PM.

• JHeyNow, DiverDawne, kittydiverChris and 1 other like this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 11 September 2021 - 10:23 PM

Please add me to the list. Thanks👍

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:00 AM

Please add me to the list. Thanks

Karen you are on the Notify List! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

Please add me to the list. Thanks

Karen you are on the Notify List! :diver:

YAY!!! This should be REALLY DIFFERENT AND REALLY FUN!!! Please tell others as well!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:30 PM

On 2021-09-14 20:52, Jaque aka Jaque wrote:

Hi,
...please put me on the notify list for the Manatee trip(s). I always wanted to do that.
Jaque

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 SaltyAngel

SaltyAngel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Deep dive
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:38 AM

Please add me to this list

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:52 AM

Please add me to this list

On it! Nothing like planning another trip when you are still in the happy zone of your last one! ;)

formerly...

#8 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:02 PM

Let me know when open! Maybe Tom and I will go.  We went about 8 years ago.  We enjoyed snorkeling the Rainbow River more than Crystal river which had better viz.  Would like to try again. 8 hours drive from SC.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#9 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:20 PM

I just recently read that Crystal River diving with the manatees made the top six list for fresh water dives.  Pretty cool.  Having made the trip once before a number of years ago, I will add that it is a good spot to bring a spouse, S/O, child, that is a non diver but wants to be a part of your diving vacation.  The snorkeling is just as good as the diving, so a non diver can still be a big part of your trip.

• dive_sail_etc and Otterhavefun like this

#10 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:01 PM

Let me know when open! Maybe Tom and I will go.  We went about 8 years ago.  We enjoyed snorkeling the Rainbow River more than Crystal river which had better viz.  Would like to try again. 8 hours drive from SC.

Cindy I will add you and Tom to the Notify List. :diver:

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 08:49 PM

I just recently read that Crystal River diving with the manatees made the top six list for fresh water dives.  Pretty cool.  Having made the trip once before a number of years ago, I will add that it is a good spot to bring a spouse, S/O, child, that is a non diver but wants to be a part of your diving vacation.  The snorkeling is just as good as the diving, so a non diver can still be a big part of your trip.

Thanks Ed for the great input! AND YES...this trip is a perfect trip along with our BEST OF MEXICO to bring a non diver for phenomenal snorkeling ops! In the case of Best of Mexico its whalesharks and the cenotes...and of course Cozumel itself!

HINT: We will do Best of Mexico again in Aug 2023! Dates coming soon!

formerly...

#12 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

Please add me to the list. Thanks.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#13 JHeyNow

JHeyNow

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water, Nitrox, Deep, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:34 AM

Interested - I will be down there this winter might join you on this trip

#14 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:11 AM

Please add me to the list. Thanks.

Marcia you are on the Notify List. :diver:

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:11 AM

Interested - I will be down there this winter might join you on this trip

Jeff you are on the Notify List. :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users