• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING: Bahamas Tiger Beach Apr 24-May 1, 2021

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,044 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING: Bahamas Tiger Beach "TIGERS & SHARKS!!! Oh My!!"  April 24-May 1, 2021

Attached File  SD Save Date pic by Ed.jpg   157.08KB   0 downloads

We will have full details on this amazing trip soon! Please start the planning process to join us!

Date:  April 24- May 1, 2021

Where: TIGER BEACH and Westend Diving (if possible)

How:  via Aggressor Liveaboard (we have specifically chosen per the crew the BEST DATE for TIGER SHARKS...so join us!)

Why: Sharks are the apex predators and the world ceases to exist as we know it without them. They have been wrongly maligned and vilified when in fact they are beautiful and magnificent creatures! Oh and they are also pretty shy usually avoiding divers UNLESS you have shark "kibbles & bits" for them. However Tiger Beach in the Bahamas is home to numerous LARGE Tiger Sharks and we can be up close and personal YET ALSO BE VERY VERY SAFE!!!  So don't miss the most active week for the Tigers all year long.. the first one of the season which we have lined up for 2021!!!

Pricing: Pricing starts at $2895 with cool early booking discounts that will take a 'bite' out of your total price! ;)

Other Interesting Stuff: This will be our first trip EVER to Tiger Beach and our Bahamas crew from our Oct 2018 trip convinced WE NEEDED TO DO THIS!!! They gave us super tips and intel on when to go and how to maximize the trip....So stay tuned...

What:  Save these dates....simply post in this topic to have us add your name to the "I'm Interested List" and we will let you know when this trip is open for booking Or you can send an email to trips@singledivers.com with your screen name, email you used to register on the SD.com site with and that you'd like to be added to the notify list!

NOT A MEMBER YET?  Simply click on REGISTER in the upper right and CREATE A FUN SCREEN NAME such as WreckWench or ScubaPunk or CajunDiver or Luv2Dive etc and then you can post to SAVE THE DATE yourself! (Note only upgraded members of our club can book our trips so get a head start on that process now!)

NEED HELP?  Email trips@singledivers.com or admin@sngledivers.com for assistance.

ADD MY NAME TO THE NOTIFY LIST (just login and post below to be added to the list):

1.  Kamala aka WreckWench

2.  Maura aka NeedAdventure

Edited by WreckWench, 25 August 2019 - 06:19 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Cert Level:Experienced diver, but never went for AOW
  • Logged Dives:logged, 200 plus. 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

As someone that has always been fascinated with sharks, I often look for trips that have a chance to offer shark encounters.  Be it the random encounter on a dive, a shark feed dive on a trip, or a dedicated shark trip, I, like so many others, reflect back at that experience as one of the main highlights of the trip.  Even as someone that has dove Galapagos and Cocos, the sharky waters of the Bahamas have always drawn me back.  Having started my diving life in the islands of the Bahamas, I was extremely excited to first hear about Tiger Beach.  Knowing that tiger sharks are usually shy, I knew that my best opportunity to ever be close to one would be at tiger beach.  My first trip there was like a number of other once in a lifetime trips that I have taken.  They all needed to be repeated, which tiger beach has.  My trip started with a short flight into Freeport, Grand Bahama Island.  The diving was done 25-40 ( approximately ) miles from the West end of the island, on a mainly sandy bottom.  Depth was about 25 feet.  The boats put out a chum bucket on the surface, and there were usually lemon and reef sharks behind the boat for the whole trip.  Guests would be watching the bottom for the LARGE sharks that make you quickly forget about a 7 foot lemon shark.   For better control, the divers were split into 2 groups.  A safety diver went in first and headed to the bottom.  Then the divers would head down.  The safety diver would position the divers in a v along the bottom, spaced about 4 feet apart from each other.  Once the group is positioned, the feeder would head down with a metal box of bait.  Divers are positioned kneeling, and are over weighted to to help you stay in your spot.  The sharks will usually swim up the middle of the V shape formed by the divers, toward the bait box.  They either get a piece of fish, or are gently directed up and beyond the feeder and divers, at which point they circle around and repeat the process.  I am happy to answer any questions, so ask away.  Ed

• WreckWench and Cajun Diver like this

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,044 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

Thanks Ed...what a great report! And for some fab pics...

Attached Files

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Cert Level:Experienced diver, but never went for AOW
  • Logged Dives:logged, 200 plus. 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

It is an amazing trip.  The tiger sharks are such beautiful creatures, and to be able to get so close to them is special.

• WreckWench likes this

#5 NeedAdventure

NeedAdventure

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:185

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

I'm interested in this trip :-)
  • dive_sail_etc likes this

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,044 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

AWESOME!!! We will put you on the notify list! WOO!!! HOO!!!  :wakawaka:

formerly...

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW 1984; Nitrox 2008
  • Logged Dives:820 logged dives, 900+ total

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

Maura I really hope you are able to make this amazing trip! Shall we add a spot for Patrick? :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy fašade? It ain't no fašade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,044 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

Anyone else interested in this trip? Several of the crew on our Kona liveaboard RAVED about this trip!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users