MUST READ IMPORTANT & ONGOING COVID UPDATES FOR THIS TRIP HERE
REMEMBER...ALL TRAVELERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!!!
Location: Red Sea Liveaboard
Dates: Sep 17-24 2022 ...FULL TRIP DATES Sept 13-25, 2022
- Departure Sep 13, 2022 from JFK (all international and in country Egypt flights included)
- Epic Tours Sept 14-16, 2022
- Transfers from/to Cairo and the boat via Hurghada Sep 17
- Diving = Sep 17-24, 2022 "Reef & Wrecks"
- Transfer to/from Boat + return to Cairo Sept 24
- Departure Sep 25, 2022 from Cairo to JFK
- Departure NO EARLIER THAN 6:30 PM on Sept 25, 2022 from JFK to home. (Flight arrives at 3:30pm and you must deplane, collect bags, clear customs recheck bags with your domestic carrier as if you were originating from JFK and change to the domestic terminal from the international one. This takes a minimum of 3 hrs to do if you have TSA PRE or CLEAR...longer if you do not)
SEE BELOW FOR FULL & NECESSARY TRAVEL/TRANSFER DETAILS UNDER TRAVEL & TRANSFER DETAILS
Dive operator: M/V Carlton Queen
Water Temp: Approx. 82-83 F
Air Temp: Approx. 85 F
Current: Mild to Moderate
Visibility: up to 130 ft
Experience Level: Novice to Advanced
Known For: Egypt’s spectacular Red Sea dive and snorkel is home to amazing reefs with a teeming marine life, pelagic fishes, sharks, dolphins and even the very rare dugong. The Northern Red Sea is famous for its wrecks which are treasure troves of soft corals and marine life and Ras Mohammed National Park with great wall diving and amazing coral formations.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Whether its coming off of covid, or recovering from surgery, moving beyond injury or just simply time catching up...many of our divers need extra help..,or have special dietary requirements...or request special accommodations so they can better enjoy their trip. We stand ready to help but we need YOU to help us to help you. First you need to fill out our "Special Request" form after you sign up for a trip. Please be specific as you can. With so many special requests we may need to triage them or when not possible we go by the date that the 'Special Requests" form was submitted. While we offer many ways for you to contact us and we do our best to retrieve your feedback from multiples sources...we MUST ask that you use the form we have set up for this purpose due to so many requests and limit the requests via other channels so as to not confuse the matter. Secondly we ask that you understand that no matter how serious your limitations may be... we can not always guarantee that we can meet them 100% but using our form, and doing so early, and clearly outlining your needs allows us to work to meet your needs appropriately...something we often can not do at the last minute given the frequency that people make special requests of us. And finally, if you do fail to use our form and have to make the requests last minute we will do everything possible to help you but possibly after we've accommodated those who were kind enough to follow our process. If you have any questions on this or anything else...please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.
COVID REQUIREMENTS, COVID INSURANCE & TRIP INSURANCE:
Full COVID Details HERE
NOTE: During covid all trips will require "Trip Insurance, Covid Insurance and Dive Insurance" to protect your investment. While we can not force you to buy trip/covid insurance if you 'self insure' we can not assist with refunds or claims since a constantly and rapidly changing world dictates you be prepared for the unexpected by protecting your vacation. REMEMBER... the hotel is NOT responsible because the airlines did not get you there on time or at all. So recognize that the world is crazy right now and PROTECT YOURSELF!
Dive/Air/Land Deluxe D/O $3940 Credit or $3825 CASH
Dive/Air/Land Deluxe S/O $4816 Credit or $4675 CASH
Dive/Air/Land Oceanview* "Shared Bed" Suite D/O $4146 Credit or $4025 CASH
Dive/Air/Land Oceanview* Queen Suite S/O $5537 Credit or $5375 CASH
* Enjoy an expansive view of the ocean from your bed overlooking the beautiful and iconic Red Sea!
*All prices are per person.
**Cash Discounted Price is given when you select e-check at final checkout.
- 5 Deluxe Cabins on the lower deck equipped with 2 single beds for double occupancy (10 spots)
- 1 Deluxe Cabin lower deck for Single Occupancy (1 spots)
- 2 Suite Cabins d/o on upper deck equipped with 1 "Shared Bed" for double occupancy (4 spots)
- 1 Suite Cabin s/o on upper deck equipped with 1" Queen Bed" for single occupancy (1 spot)
All cabins are equipped with own bathroom.
PREMIER DIVING/LAND/AIR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodations aboard the yacht for 7 nights
- Diving (up to 4 dives a day which is 1 more dive per day than a non fully chartered boat which are only allowed 3 dives a day)
- English speaking fully qualified dive guides
- Compressed air tanks, weights & belts
- Deck Towels to dry off after diving
- All meals and snacks (fresh fruits and sweet snacks)...Full board-breakfast, lunch and dinner
- All non-alcoholic beverages Soft drinks, tea, coffee, water (beer & wine available but not included)
- All transfers from Cario/Hurghada are included in this special package
- All permits and harbor fees
- Tanks 80cf alum tanks, weights & belt
- Guides according to legal EG ratios
AIR & LAND PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- International Air from JFK to Cairo + Domestic Egyptian air from Cairo to Hurghada and back to Cairo including all taxes and fees as of April 15, 2022
- 4 nights’ accommodation in Cairo at the Ramses Hilton Hotel or similar
- 4 breakfasts and 3 lunches
- Half-day tour of Coptic Cairo including all entrance fees
- Full-day tour of the Pyramids/Sphinx-Memphis/Sakkara including all entrance fees
- Full-day tour of the Egyptian Museum/Citadel/Mosque & Khan El Khalili Bazaar including all entrance fees
- English speaking Egyptologist and Tour Guide on all days of sightseeing
- Transfers in Cairo by deluxe mini-coach or motor coach
- Transfers to the Boat via air and then mini coach or motor coach pickup
- Transfer to/from the airport
- Full security detail
- Hotel taxes and service charges
DIVE CHARTER & AIR/LAND PKG DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Insurance (you NEED dive insurance and trip insurance for this trip)
- Equipment rentals
- Certification or specialty courses
- Extra Hotel stays/day rooms
- Extra nights before or after the trip. SD.com will help set up a group hotel and help with rooming for those interested. We can not guarantee d/o but we will try to help find roommates for you to save money as well as negotiate a reasonable s/o rate.
- Dinner on tour evenings and last evening in Cairo
- Crew tips & gratuity - usually approx. 10-15% of pkg (These monies go to the entire boat crew. We will tip at the end and collect a group tip.)
- Port/park fees, fuel surcharge, taxes (when applicable)
- Each guest must pay a $133PP Environmental Reef Tax and Surcharges, and a $33pp Port Fee. Payable at the end of the charter when settling your bill. These may be paid by Visa, MC, or USD cash. Travelers checks are not accepted onboard.
- Other Airport Transfers such as Cairo to Hurghada (HRG) if not part of our package are not included etc (non pkg transfers are included only from Hurghada airport to boat and back)
- Increase in airfare taxes IF the Egyptian govt opts to do so after April 15th until all tickets are issued. (So far no increases in 6 months of holding the contracted air)
- Domestic air within the U.S.
- Egypt Visa
- COVID Testing (if applicable at time of travel)
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, inter-net services, dive services, soft drinks, coffee, tea (except at breakfast), bottled and mineral water, alcoholic beverages, passport fees, gratuities for drivers, guides, transfer personnel, travel insurance, etc……NOTE: Water can be VERY inexpensive or VERY expensive. If I buy water to have on the van or at meals...its VERY EXPENSIVE IF we plan to stop and do big water runs while touring then its VERY Inexpensive. So keep this in mind. Things we take for granted in the US will not always be the things you can take for granted in Egypt. So we will do everything possible to make sure we save you money!
- DIVE Insurance- is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.
- TRIP Insurance- It is REQUIRED for this trip. (See our INSURANCE Info in this topic or click on the Dive Assure link across the top or Dive Assure logo for a no obligation quote.)
- $75 Document Processing Fee (SAVE THIS FEE BY SUBMITTING YOUR DOCS WITHIN THREE (3) WEEKS OF SIGNING UP AND THIS FEE IS WAIVED. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR FINAL INVOICE. - NOTE...FLIGHT DETAILS CAN BE SUBMITTED WHENEVER YOU HAVE THE
Options & Extras:
- Single Occupancy Upgrade for Land & Tour Pkg for anyone who is not doing the s/o pkg but wants a private room during tours $258 or $250 CASH
- Nitrox Upgrade Pkg for full week: $155 credit or $150 CASH
- Upgrade to 15L /cf100 tank usually $75 but our price $52 or $50 CASH
Discounts & Rebates:
DISCOUNTS & DISCOUNT DISCLAIMER:
You must use the code when you book as they are not retroactive after you sign up UNLESS otherwise stated like the member rebate etc.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the accounting expenses of manually trying to do the discount is far exceeding the discount amount making it very prohibitive to manage this way. So please be sure to use the discount code AT TIME OF INITIAL BOOKING.
NOTE: The EBD or Early Booking Discounts can only be used as follows:
- When paying in full
- When you first sign up
- By the deadline given. After that deadline they disappear and the code will not work. (So please leave a buffer if you need to xfer money or have questions.)
It's Red Sea Mania!!! We've not run this trip in years so there is a lot of pent up demand for not only Red Sea diving which has recovered very nicely after several years of minimal use but also for the exceptional educational program we've put together to show you the best of the pyramids, monuments, museums, including the light show at Luxor and MORE!!! Come join us!
- PAY IN FULL at time of initial Booking by April 25 and get FREE NITROX worth $150 * (Use COUPON CODE 22HRG150EAN&DIVE&AIR) must put nitrox for $150 cash in the cart to get it free when paying in full. )
- PAY IN FULL at time of initial Booking by May 1 for $50 off any Air/Dive/Land Package (Use COUPON CODE: 22HRG50EBD)
- Book by May 1, 2022 for (1) CHANCE TO WIN A FREE CAMEL RIDE worth $50
- Book by Jun 1, 2022 for (1) CHANCE TO WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO cf100 air Tank worth $75 nitrox cf100 is $200 CASH
- Book by Jul 1, 2022 for (1) CHANCE TO WIN FREE NITROX worth $150
- Book by Sep 1, 2022: Get (1) chance to win a FREE Big Blue Light Product (drawing at hotel)
- Social Media Discounts: 1 chance to win a FREE $ 25 gift certificate for purchases from anyone of our Corporate Sponsors or SD merchandise for signing up on our Facebook Trip Event for this trip AND for liking SD.com if you haven't already AND for sharing the FB Trip booking on your page! (Must do all three!) - To enter send an email to email@example.com with links to your postings along with RED SEA 22 SOCIAL MEDIA ENTRIES in the title
- Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and our RED CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout.
- Active Duty Military Discount: $25 OFF Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom. Thank you for your service. (Please be prepared to provide proof of service in person at time of check in)
- Member Rebate: File for your $25 member rebate within 30 days after the trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my forums signature for link to the forms forum or click on the green Paper Forms button at the top of the forums . If you are new to the site send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the password. PLEASE follow the directions on the form for proper submission & processing.) NOTE: We are TRULY thankful for so many of you foregoing your rebate as a gesture of appreciation for how much work we put into our trips for the same or less than most other trips.
- SAVE $75 by submitting your Documents within 21 days of booking this trip to AVOID paying this fee. If booking within 45 days of the trip please submit your documents within 3 days. Otherwise the $75 document processing fee will be added to your final invoice.
- Only one (1) coupon code can be used per order
NOTE: We do not allow for specific beds/bunks nor cabins to be reserved. You are free to request anything you want via our reservation system but we cannot guarantee any special requests can be accommodated other than those related to injuries, diets, etc. We allow roommates to determine amongst themselves who sleeps where. Our policy has always been to allow divers to work it out themselves and NOT assign or allow people to sign up for specific beds.
Please do not book this trip if you must have a specific cabin or rooming accommodations. If you are injured and wish to email us in advance to discuss please email email@example.com and we'll discuss if the trip is suited for your specific limitation. Thank you for your understanding.
At 134 feet in length, the M/V Carlton Queen is the epitome of luxury, intended for pampering and a level of service found nowhere else in the Red Sea. She is stable, spacious, and offers smooth cruising. Accommodating up to 20-22 divers, this opulent vessel has 6 deluxe staterooms , 4 upper level oceanview suites and 1 single occupancy deluxe cabin. All rooms feature air conditioning, stereos, personal fridges, and an en-suite bathrooms with jet showers. There is plenty of space onboard, both on the dive deck and in the extensive and welcoming main deck salon with separate dining area. On surface intervals, divers can unwind on the covered sun decks, watch movies or listen to music on the latest entertainment systems, or use the free WIFI to share their Instagram-worthy day.
The MV Carlton Queen is specifically designed for divers looking for luxury and a well-built vessel for cruising between dive sites. The huge waterline-level dive deck can accommodate all 22 divers with individual seating stations, and 3 professional guides will be in the water on each dive. It is customized for effortless diving. Rest assured, the MV Carlton Queen is fully licensed to cruise the entire Egyptian Red Sea and offers multiple itineraries to do so.
This boat has a brand new AC system on it and cabins are being revised to allow for either 1 or 2 beds. Currently the upper oceanview cabins are only 'shared bed' cabins so suited for couples, single occupancies or two friends who do not mind sharing a bed. So we must sell the boat the way its currently configured even though that is supposed to be remedied in the current remodeling efforts to be completed in July of this year.
We have been working with the owner directly to expand into the US market and she will be on the boat with us during our cruise. She has taken in all previous feedback and worked to resolve it. My co trip leader has had years of experience with her and the boat and assures me we have nothing to worry about. And that's good enough for me. I fully understand how fluid the world is right now and how fickle the American market is. I've been communicating extensively and I think everyone is up for the challenge.
So no matter what...Kamala is on the job and I will be working tirelessly so that you have a fantastic vacation while I do all the heavy lifting as we say!
Travel & Transfer Details:
Two of the most popular airports to fly into Egypt are Hurghada and Cairo. Since we want to capitalize on the best pricing and iconic Egypt... our trip will fly in and out of Cairo. We will then fly from Cairo to Hurghada to catch the boat. Due to ever fluid times and crazyiness worldwide we are minimizing all the moving pieces and making it easier for everyone including your group leader who worries if everyone will make it or not. So our package is from JFK to Cairo and then onto Hurghada for the boat.
All transfers are included in this pkg since everyone will have the same itinerary. If a member lives outside of the US we will work with them to book this trip without coming to the US first. However it will be that traveler's responsibility to get to Cairo/Hurghada to participate in the other parts of the itinerary and the diving.
Upon entry, visitors to Egypt will be required to purchase a visa unless they come from a visa exempt country. Depending on the airport, we include the visa in the onboard charges which guests will pay once they arrive on the vessel. NOTE: Since we are using SingleDivers.com air consolidator you will be met at the airport and hand walked thru the visa process as part of the service. A small nominal fee applies for this service.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES IF DOING YOUR OWN FLIGHT ARRANGEMENTS (because you are traveling from another country etc) :
If you are planning to book your own air to Cairo and Hurghada please contact Kamala@SingleDivers.com so that we can advise you how to meet the group and the boat.
Red Sea Diving & Itinerary:
The Carlton Queen will depart from Hurghada, Egypt Sep 17, 2022 and return to Hurghada Sept 23. This unique itinerary offers 7 nights/8 days of diving in some of the most iconic wrecks that the Red Sea has to offer. An ideal itinerary for those new to the Red Sea, allowing you to experience world-famous wrecks and pristine reefs will include:
SS. Thistlegorm – Shaab Ali: Probably the most famous of the Red Sea wrecks. The 129m English Freighter was bombed by German aviation on 6th October 1941.Today she creates an artificial reef on a sandy bottom at 32m max depth. She is home to an enormous variety ofmarine life and is especially popular with large schooling fish.
Small Crack – Shaab Mahmoud: This is a small split in the middle of Shaab Mahmoud’s barrier. Drift along the outside wall next to beautiful corals and colorful fish. Look for a sand slope that leads you up and through the crack. When the current is right you can fly through the 5m deep channel and be thrown out across the sandy lagoon!
Gubal Island: At the gate of the Straits of Gubal is ‘Bluff Point’, which gets its name from the turbulence created by strong currents that beat the eastern wall of the island. The wreck of the ‘Ulysses’ lies on the reef 300m north of the lighthouse, starting at 5m and sloping to 25m. ‘The Barge’ wreck, south of the lighthouse, provides divers with a fun and unusual night dive. The wrecks skeleton creates protection for all types of night creatures.
Abu Nuhas: Also known as the ‘Ships Graveyard’, this reef is dangerously positioned close to the busy shipping lanes of the Gulf of Suez. This reef has claimed more ships than any other in the area. On the north side are four wrecks laying on a sandy seafloor at the bottom of a steep sloping reef layered with table corals. Wrecks here include the Giannis D, Carnatic, Tile and Lentil Wrecks. On the south side is a safe anchorage for liveaboards and two ergs, known as Yellow Fish Reef.
Shag Rock: This large circular reef is often overlooked but offers excellent diving on pristine coral from any location on its perimeter.
Ras Mohamed Reef: This is a world-renowned dive site, situated at the tip of the Sinai. Two small ergs are joined by a vertical wall dropping into the abyss. At Shark Reef the current allows you to drift along the wall, rich with colorful corals. Moving towards Yolanda Reef you reach a plateau scattered with small ergs and coral outcrops. Continuing around the reef you will come upon the scattered remains of the wreck ‘Yolanda’ complete with its cargo of toilets and baths. The whole of this area is big fish territory so keep an eye on the blue!
Jackson Reef – Tiran: This is the most northerly reef and on its northern edge lays the wreck of a freighter serving as a stark warning to ships in the narrow straights. Dives are usually conducted from the moorings on the south side which is sheltered from the main swell and currents. Moving northwards, you will come across a forest of spectacular Gorgonia fan coral at about 20 to 30 meters as well as many different kinds of reef fish. This site can also be done as a drift dive heading from the mooring towards the East with the reef on the left where it is mostly wall diving with excellent corals.
Woodhouse Reef – Tiran: This is the longest reef of the four in the Strait of Tiran. Home to reef sharks and eagle rays, it is dived as a drift dive usually from South to North. Jumping at the southern part of the reef is a wall to about 30m covered with coral from the surface all the way down. There is a canyon going along the reef at about 25m which spreads out into a coral garden with sand alleys.
Thomas Reef – Tiran: This is the smallest reef in the Strait and diving here is governed by the weather as there are extremely strong currents. The ends are vertical walls with a large plateau at about 25m on the -eastern side. This plateau often has sleeping sharks on the sand patches and the colorful coral has a fence of Gorgonia fans at the end.
Gordon Reef – Tiran: This is the most southerly reef of the four and has a different topography from the others offering both a shallow plateau area and drop offs. A huge variety of reef fish and big schools of grouper can be seen here and on the sandy bottom at 4 to 5 meter there is an eel garden area along with coral encrusted drums. The top of the reef, with its lighthouse, is also home to the wreck Lovilla which sits almost parallel to the wreck on Jackson Reef.
Experience Required & Training/Workshops: (SEE NEXT POST)
Payment Details: (SEE NEXT POST)
Insurance, Documentation & Terms &Conditions: (SEE NEXT POST)
Edited by WreckWench, 14 April 2022 - 12:45 AM.