• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10/06 PNW HH & Dive - Find Fish!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: REEF quarterly Survey Dive Day (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in joining REEF for their quarterly local Survey Dive Day on October 28th?

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. I am interested, but cannot attend this dive day (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Well, it looks like I'm bailing too! I'm already diving in the morning and early afternoon, and it looks like this event has fizzled out. :banghead:

This event has certainly not fizzeled out. Wylerbear and ReefDiver are heading this dive up. It is a REEF quarterly dive that Single Divers is joining so there will be numerous divers attending including gis_gal and coachrenz.

Quarterly REEF Survey Dive Days are important not only to meet other divers and increase your ID skills, but also to:

Assist REEF in obtaining a strong sample from individual sites
Assist REEF in focusing efforts on particular sites of interest
Assist REEF in defining the minimum number of surveys for the data to be really useful and the number of surveys at which the statistics stabilize.

I would certainly be attending if I hadn't ended up with the opportunity to join friends diving in Canada.

Look forward to the next event. If do another shark hunt, we could do it earlier in the evening now, since it gets dark so early.

Sounds good!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#47 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

Look forward to the next event. If do another shark hunt, we could do it earlier in the evening now, since it gets dark so early.

Sounds good!

Maybe we should call the next one "Searching for the not as elusive Giant Pacific Octopus" and if we happen to see a Sixgill ... great! I just saw a large GPO out in the open, hunting for food a few days ago at Cove 2 while being buzzed by a Harbor Seal at the same time. As mentioned above, good nightime diving is certainly easier now.

#48 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

I have moved the reports to this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users