• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What other Single & Buddyless Divers have said about SD Trips & Site!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,473 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

Also check out Why SingleDivers.com Trips are so Unique HERE!

What people say about our trips and site: (Please read ALL the comments dating from 2006 to present!)

We not only take a great deal of pride and effort to find great locations for our divers to dive but we also take a great deal of pride in how much fun people have on our trips. You'll find numerous kudos and feedback in all the trip reports but here are a few we've collected for easy reference. But don't take our word for it...just take our members!

Some of our early comments before we had our community forums:

"It was fantastic. Everyone had a blast. The trip was well-organized, the diving was spectacular and I made some new friends. I can't wait for our next adventure!" - Al, Maryland

“If I would have known how much fun it was going to be, I would have booked the longer trip. I think you did a fantastic job!!!” - Elaine, Texas

“These trips are fun and hassle free as the planning is taken care of. That was a real positive for me, just having to show up and know that someone else was taking care of everything allowed me to focus on having FUN!” - Cloe, Florida

"I was a bit apprehensive at first since I was the only Canadian going on the trip but I am extremely glad I went. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and I've made some terrific new friends. Having all the arrangements from the diving to dinner already prepared meant I could just relax and enjoy my vacation which I thoroughly did!! I'm signing up for two more trips this year!!" - Lynne - Ontario, Canada

"I wasn't sure what to expect -- I'd never been on a vacation 'alone' where I didn't know anyone beforehand. But after meeting the organizers and all the fun people on the trip, I'm so glad I went, and I'm really looking forward to going again! They did a great job of 'herding the cats' to the group activities, and had an uncanny ability to match up roommates!" - Todd - California

"I had a fantastic time on the trip and I met lots of new divers and friends! I just got certified in Nov 2003 so this was a great opportunity for me to learn more, have fun and best of all relax in a beautiful tropical location! I'm definitely looking forward to joining the group on future trips!" - Deb- Texas

Additional comments from various parts of our site:

Here. "I've wanted to do this trip for 2 years and it would have been impossible with just the two of us. This site is amazing."

Here.
Oh yes, did I mention several of the River's veterans came out to join us and clearly enjoyed themselves saying this was one of the best Cooper River trips that they had ever been on. Oh yes...and the food was awesome. SingleDivers.com SURE knows how to prepare a lunch spread and cook a mean bbq of fresh fish, chicken, venison, pork, veggies and more.

Here Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Here For anybody that has never used the “Rent A Buddy” program, I strongly recommend it, especially if you are new to diving like me...(read the rest here!)

Before this trip I had only 4 dives under my belt, and afterwards I am now up to 19. As a result of my positive experience in Grenada, I am now motivated to keep adding to that number. Plus I went from 17 minutes on my first dive, to 56 minutes on my last one and I even had air to spare!!!

Again, it was great meeting everybody, and I look forward to seeing y’all on another trip soon!!!
Beth AKA Bubbles

From Mike aka Going Postal's Profile CommentsHERE

lynnlchan
05 Apr 2009 - 14:22
Remember me? Thanks for referring me to SD!

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR MANY MORE CURRENT COMMENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS OR TO ADD YOUR OWN!

• WreckWench likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,473 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to all the military members. After a 30 year career in the airforce reserves as a full time technician I have really enjoyed my association with SingleDivers. Kamala does a great job putting together all manor of dive trips. I've done 5 or 6 trips including the best trip I've ever been on to Truk and Palau. Join in the conversations on the board there are a ton of great threads and remember there is no such thing as a dumb question. Come on in the pools open and the waters fine!! Full Comment...

• WreckWench likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

SingleDivers.Com - - another great way to GO DIVING in more places, with other divers who want to dive!

Professional, mostly organized, fun, and operated by a diver who is willing to make all of the arrangements for us to GO DIVING - - sign me up! For each trip, it's quite nice to find out you have a like minded roommate, AND know that you'll have a like minded & similarly skilled dive buddy. With this dive group, if you want to dive every dive on the trip, then there are other divers that also want to do this, {my group}. If you want to relax, do a few dives, go to town or the beach, etc, then there are divers that want to do this too. At least we all have the chance to travel and GO DIVING without getting stuck with the solo traveler penalty.

Since my calendar doesn't always mesh with the SD calendar, I'll will continue to do several of my own solo dive trips each year. However, I now check the SD calendar to see what's available before making my other travel plans.

The dive industry has been missing the boat by ignoring solo travelers & divers who have time and money to GO DIVING. Thanks to Kamala, and her valuable staff, for taking on this challenge to get more of us to GO DIVING, and, without getting stuck with the solo traveler penalties!!

Edited by Resqdew, 02 March 2011 - 03:07 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#4 coziac

coziac

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

I think it was a killer trip and a great place at the perfect time of year! Kamala did a great job AS USUAL and it resulted in a lot of people enjoying themselves!
  • WreckWench likes this

#5 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi, have been going with the WW for many years and many trips except for the times when I could not go due to health, but wanted to. It is always a pleasure to watch her work, the things she does to make our trips exciting, enjoyable, and an adventure are amazing. It is what keeps me coming back, and will continue to do so.
If U have not been on an SD trip, I suggest U give it a try, almost all like it, most love them, a few do not, but then they probably have problems no matter what.

The Orcaman

• WreckWench likes this
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#6 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

what more could I say! Larry said what most of us think...Bravo et felicitations a l equipe des organisateurs.... Liz
  • WreckWench likes this
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#7 Jo Canuck

Jo Canuck

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

bien dit Liz, well said

I loved the fact that no one grumbled about my inexperience and I was never made to feel like an idiot.
Thank you to those who helped on my checkout dive when I couldn't dump air out of my BC.

This was a great group to be with. I think the people I met were what I liked the most about this trip.
  • WreckWench likes this

#8 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

Again many THANKS to Kamala and TC's for thier efforts. Its not easy to pull off what they did.
  • WreckWench likes this
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#9 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

I have been on 7 of SingleDivers.com Trips, they have all been great! It is great to not have to research and plan out the trip. Pick one that works with your schedule, and go, the only thing you have to do is line up your flights. The group dynamics have always been great, usually a diverse group of people come together to dive and hang out for a week. No need to worry about if you have a buddy lined up, you will get buddied up with another diver in the group. Kamala does a great job matching roommates and buddies, fill out her survey and she will do the rest. If you are a newer diver, she can help with that too! I have seen Kamala take a new diver by the hand to get them comfortable in the water.

The only reason I don't do more of these trips, is that I run out of money and vacation time!!

Keith

aka MNJoe
  • WreckWench likes this

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#10 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

:wakawaka: :usflag: :fish2:

Just about to head out on my third SD trip. Always been a great experience!! Great folks to hang with and an opportunity to take those bucket list trips at a pretty reasonable cost.

Did I mention that the people are cool!!!! Well they are. Sign up!! Lets go diving!!!!

:teeth: :dancing: :cool1: :twist: :2cool:

Fred
  • WreckWench likes this
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#11 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Singledivers......You Rock!! :2cool:

If you haven't been on a trip with Kamala, you don't know what you're missing! She has everything set up and ready to go :diver:

I have met some of the nicest people on the trips.....even my Bestie!

Really, what better way to meet people that you have something in common with?

Some are married and some are single, but with one goal in mind, DIVING!! :cool1:
  • WreckWench likes this
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#12 NHScubaGuy

NHScubaGuy

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water
  • Logged Dives:90

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Bonaire 2012 was another great trip. This was my 5th time back to Bonaire with SD. I keep going back for the diving and the people in the group. Kamala does a great job helping to make everyone's vacation a blast. I can't wait for next years trip.
  • WreckWench and Mermaid Lady like this

#13 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

This is a pretty easy one for me. There are no Cliques. Some people have been on many many trips and some have been on a couple and some are on their freshman trip. The mix is a bit different on each trip but no one is ever left out and there isn't an "in crowd" everyone is included in everything. Unless you choose to sit in a hammock and watch the waves with a good book and tropical beverage which is totally fine!

The other big factor is the effort put into paring up roommates and dive buddies. In the half a dozen trips I’ve done I don't think I've ever been buddied with my roommate. I've never seen as much thought put into making the pairings as compatible as WW puts into it.

I've had a ton of fun on these trips!!

And Last but not least. I have True friends I’ve met on SingleDivers trips that I could never have met without this opportunity. And those I've yet to meet! come on a trip and dive with us!

I almost forgot!! SAFETY!! You can dive almost however you would like but safety is talked about and practiced every dive, every day. Unsafe practices are handled in a positive and professional manor, never in a public setting or demeaning way. Better techniques are always encouraged. But in the end its Safety first.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#14 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have met lots of good people on SD trips and made life long friends. We are spread out from NY, CA, CO, KY, TX, IA, FL and even Canada. My good friend Lady Liz invited us up to her summer house a couple years ago in Canada - we had a great time, had dive friends stay at our house and we play tour guide, and had a crew meet us in Hawaii to celebrate my marriage to a fellow SD'er.

Divers are unique people - we make strong friendship bonds. I would trust any one of my dive buddies with my life - above and below. To me that is worth the price of admission on any trip! Posted Image

I've said it before - on the fence about taking a trip with SD? TRY IT - no single supplement, guaranteed to run (unless there is weather issues) and everyone on the trip is there for the same reason you are - to dive, have fun, be safe and have a great trip - I have made friends and memories I wouldn't trade for anything....AND I have been VERY thankful to see a diver's long legged fin come at me when I was flying past the hang line on SD trips....stretched out to save me from ending up "down the road" Posted Image
Known puker

#15 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

AND I have been VERY thankful to see a diver's long legged fin come at me when I was flying past the hang line on SD trips....stretched out to save me from ending up "down the road"

:) :cool2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users