• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Fantasy Begins! Sept 2-9, 2006

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#61 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

Dive Update:

Did anyone write down the names of the dive sites? If so can you post them here? The writer for the SportDiver mag wanted to know the names AND what your favorite sites were and why! You just might be quoted in the magazine article! But hurry...he has to submit his article soon! -ww

Our group did... :cheerleader:

Gold Chain Reef, Mr. Bud, Iron Shore, Missing Link, Two Tall Two Small, Inside Outside, Pirates Point, Mary's Place, Neverstain Bight, Connies Dream, Forty Foot Point, Ankas Place, French Cay Bank, Valley of the Kings, and Coco View Wall...

My favorite being Mary's Place because of all the awsome swim through tunnels and sand chutes... Beautiful dive site!

Hope that helps...

Karen

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#62 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

I sent mine electronically last night when I finally got home. I spent a couple of days bumming around Austin. Thanks for the use of the computer.

Also, thanks to everybody for making my first dive trip so much fun. Everybody on the Little Dan was great. Since I didn't take any photos I appreciate all that were posted. Since I'm feeling more comfortable in the water I might have to look into a new camera and housing. For those of you that I didn't get to dive with we'll have to hook up on a future trip! :cool1:

Kelly

ATTENTION DAN testers ... It is time to do the 48 hour report...
I attempted to do it on-line, however they did not accept it because I did not have the FRC's name & code :cool1: ... If anyone else ran in to the same problem, I now know the answers :cheerleader: ... The FRC's name & code are: "Heather & Andriana"...

#63 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (2006), Nitrox (2005)
  • Logged Dives:204

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

Well should I have to say mine was the night dive with the FI's (inside joke), or the night dive we got lost and had to swim back to the boat in 4 ft. swells....hmmmmm....I'm sure fingrabber and OHdiver enjoyed that last dive and swim with me. :twist:

In all seriousness my favorite dive was the shark dive. I felt totally at peace diving with the sharks, like most of the people on Little Dan said "I must have gills behind my hair on my neck" thats because I didn't suck so much air.

Edited by kittydiver, 14 September 2006 - 05:44 PM.

#64 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

Excellent joke :lmao:

I am so glad you won the dive trip, you deserved it. :D

Well I got in 20 dives on this past trip. So I am starting to plan another and would love to be with that someone special for my 100 dive, that is to get that underwater kiss. :twist:

And if you can't be with that 'someone special' then consider being with a LOT of cool people on another SingleDivers.com trip! That way you can get LOTS of kisses to make up for not getting that one special kiss! :P

***If you can't be with one you love honey, love the one you're with, love the one you're with*** Oh, sorry that song just popped into my head.

To be honest, I expect my 100th dive to be a training dive since I am considering taking some techi courses whilst in the UK, i.e. extended range diving, decompression diving, trimix, and dry suit.

All this does of course tie into one of the career fields I am considering after graduation with NOAA, The NPS’s submerged cultural resources unit or The INA, but I’m :) so we’ll see.

IF that doesn't pan out, I always have my wenching stills to fall back on LOL

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 14 September 2006 - 06:14 PM.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#65 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

Ok..so your all back now. I’m kind of curious on the reactions to such a large group. (43) By far this is twice the size of a normal S.D. trip. So was it too big, too small or just right. W.W. has an uncanny knack for remembering faces and names, but wow this must have been a challenge.

It was more than a challenge for me, it was impossible! I don't think we ever had all 43 of us together at one time, without also having people from outside our group there also. I'm still not sure if I met everyone from SD. Being the friendly group that we are, we always invited other people to our evening partys, which is a good thing, but once you mix everyone up it's hard to tell who's who. I may have been the only one with this problem, I'm very bad with names and faces.

Personally, I prefer a smaller crowd. Maybe if it were just 43 people, it would be ok, but there were over 100 people at the resort. I also think it was too big of a crowd for the Fantasy Island resort to handle. Still overall, I had a great time.

#66 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Arrg, my dive buddy was counting up her dives after we got back and realized her 100th. dive was on Mr. Bud :fish2:
I'm hoping to get a rain check :fish2:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#67 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

Well, I'm sick as well. Just been trying to get all my work done this week. I am scheduled for my IE this weekend, but with an upper respiratory infection, it looks like a no go for me. My classmates have been blessed with me and my hacking cough for the past week. Though my nose is basically cleared, I'm still coughing a lot.

Well, back to work, I have an assignment due at the end of the day today.

#68 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

Well should I have to say mine was the night dive with the FI's (inside joke), or the night dive we got lost and had to swim back to the boat in 4 ft. swells....hmmmmm....I'm sure fingrabber and OHdiver enjoyed that last dive and swim with me. :fish2:

In all seriousness my favorite dive was the shark dive. I felt totally at peace diving with the sharks, like most of the people on Little Dan said "I must have gills behind my hair on my neck" thats because I didn't suck so much air.

My most favorite was the shark dive, too. My little video clips from my camera have amazed all the landlubbers here at work. If we can't count the shark dive, I'd have to say the very last dive (was that gold chain reef?) of the trip on Little Andreu was the best of all from the time we jumped into the water and saw the little shark to the jog on the sand I took at 25 feet, to the underwater toys and extracurricular activities right before our safety stop until we got back to the dock with pirate flag in hand! :fish2:
Right guys?
Phyllis

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:35 PM

I sent mine electronically last night when I finally got home. I spent a couple of days bumming around Austin. Thanks for the use of the computer.

Also, thanks to everybody for making my first dive trip so much fun. Everybody on the Little Dan was great. Since I didn't take any photos I appreciate all that were posted. Since I'm feeling more comfortable in the water I might have to look into a new camera and housing. For those of you that I didn't get to dive with we'll have to hook up on a future trip! :fish2:

Kelly

Kelly you did awesome and I was thrilled to have been your dive buddy one day! It was very reassuring to always have you right where I saw you last AND to watch your calmness and comfort in the water. You did outstanding! I think you are more than ready to add camera skills to your dives!

And I can't wait for your next trip...they are all different but all fun! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#70 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

Arrg, my dive buddy was counting up her dives after we got back and realized her 100th. dive was on Mr. Bud :fish2:
I'm hoping to get a rain check :fish2:

Whoops....looks like it will be re-enactment time on a trip soon! Any plans for Thanksgiving? Still got some spots left to the Sea of Cortez, Socorro and Mexican Galapagos adventure!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#71 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

Well should I have to say mine was the night dive with the FI's (inside joke), or the night dive we got lost and had to swim back to the boat in 4 ft. swells....hmmmmm....I'm sure fingrabber and OHdiver enjoyed that last dive and swim with me. :fish2:

My most favorite was the shark dive, too. My little video clips from my camera have amazed all the landlubbers here at work. If we can't count the shark dive, I'd have to say the very last dive (was that gold chain reef?) of the trip on Little Andreu was the best of all from the time we jumped into the water and saw the little shark to the jog on the sand I took at 25 feet, to the underwater toys and extracurricular activities right before our safety stop until we got back to the dock with pirate flag in hand! :fish2:
Right guys?

Oh yeah, there was a whole lot of playing and underwater kissing going on those last few minutes. Fun dive. :fish:

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

To be honest, I expect my 100th dive to be a training dive since I am considering taking some techi courses whilst in the UK, i.e. extended range diving, decompression diving, trimix, and dry suit.

All this does of course tie into one of the career fields I am considering after graduation with NOAA, The NPS’s submerged cultural resources unit or The INA, but I’m :fish2: so we’ll see.

IF that doesn't pan out, I always have my wenching stills to fall back on LOL

After watching you in the water you are more than ready to take your diving to a new level. You were a great dive buddy to a number of different buddies and while I didn't get to dive directly with you...we got to be same ocean buddies since you were on my boat and that was great too!

Whatever you do you'll do great! :fish2: or not!!! -ww

formerly...

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

Hey OHDiver! Great new avatar...and I think I know where and WHEN that was taken!!! :fish2:

formerly...

#74 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

Hey OHDiver! Great new avatar...and I think I know where and WHEN that was taken!!! :fish:

And I think you'd be RIGHT too WW...
I have Divegirl to thank for it actually, as I am pretty dang computer illiterate... :fish2: It was one of her pics and she helped me by cropping and resizing so that I could use it as my advatar...
About time I added one, I know... :fish2:

Karen

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#75 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:37 PM

I had a great time. It was great for a first dive vacation between Maddam Wench and Mark (the dm) babysitting I felt really at ease in the ocean for the first time... And the wench got my ocean virginty :P
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users