• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Day: DC Area

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 naeshy

naeshy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water + Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:13

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:37 AM

I am trying to get a dive in before the NC Wreck trip and I need a buddy and some recommendations on where to go locally.

I'd like to go this Saturday, September 23rd, and be finished by 5PM or so. Anyone interested in going?

Thanks,
Naeshy

#2 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

I was looking at going to Millbrook on Saturday, but nothing definate yet. Will you be at the HH tomorrow night? We can chat about it there.

Vinny

#3 naeshy

naeshy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

Sorry, I wasn't able to make it to the HH yesterday. I'll try and watch this thread as much as posssible, so let me know if you're wanting to go.

#4 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

I was looking at going to Millbrook on Saturday, but nothing definate yet. Will you be at the HH tomorrow night? We can chat about it there.

Vinny

Hey Vinny, you did not come to HH either. :angel2:

Some of our local members will dive Dutch Springs on 30 Sep and 1. Oct. I probably go too.

#5 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Vinny

Hey Vinny, you did not come to HH either. :angel2:

Some of our local members will dive Dutch Springs on 30 Sep and 1. Oct. I probably go too.

Is Dutch Springs a definite? I wouldn't mind meeting some of the mid-east contingency of singledivers there. I am on a boat on the 1st, but the 30th would work great.....?

#6 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

Doris, I was at a dive shop getting my 120' bottle set up and filled. When I was done it was late. So, what did I miss?

Oh, I should be at Millbrook Sunday for a morning dive.

SoloNJ, it looks like a good group will be at Dutch on the 30th. I may be able to make it depennding on off shore dive availability. I want to get a nice deco dive in and practice some skills. Being up Jersey way...do you have any reccomendations for a squared away shop hitting some of the cool wrecks off the coast?

Edited by VADiver, 20 September 2006 - 07:07 PM.

#7 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:41 PM

Doris, I was at a dive shop getting my 120' bottle set up and filled. When I was done it was late. So, what did I miss?

Oh, I should be at Millbrook Sunday for a morning dive.

SoloNJ, it looks like a good group will be at Dutch on the 30th. I may be able to make it depennding on off shore dive availability. I want to get a nice deco dive in and practice some skills. Being up Jersey way...do you have any reccomendations for a squared away shop hitting some of the cool wrecks off the coast?

Vinny,
When are you thinking about coming up this way. There is a group of us trying to reschedule a trip out to the 'Northern Pacific' on either October 14 or 21. I will pm you.
Mark

#8 naeshy

naeshy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

Ok, I can do any local dive on Sunday it looks like, so I'll do Millbrook if you go Vinny.

The only equipment I need is a tank+fill. I've never been there, so I don't know what they have available. Let me know details.

Thanks,
Shea

P.S. If I'm around next weekend, I'll do Dutch Springs with you guys. But as of now, I'm supposed to be out of town. :wakawaka:

#9 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

You missed me talking about my trip to the Galapagos :wakawaka:

#10 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

Ok, I can do any local dive on Sunday it looks like, so I'll do Millbrook if you go Vinny.

The only equipment I need is a tank+fill. I've never been there, so I don't know what they have available. Let me know details.

Thanks,
Shea

P.S. If I'm around next weekend, I'll do Dutch Springs with you guys. But as of now, I'm supposed to be out of town. :wakawaka:

Shea, you have to get your tanks from a dive shop before you go to Millbrook. There is nothing there. Also get the entry ticket from a local dive shop. At the dive shop you pay $10, at Millbrooks you pay $20.

Doris

#11 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

Mark...I'll look at my schedule at work tomorrow and see about that weekend. what type of wreck is she and how deep? I have family in NY so I can make a trip toi see my mom and get a dive out of it (can't tell her though).

Shea, I'll see whats going on tomorrow...I'll probably get there at 0800 till 1100 and practice skills--shooting a bag from a reel, 6-minute ascent drill, etc. I think there will be a small group going from VA Scuba in Manasas as well.

Edited by VADiver, 21 September 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#12 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Vinny,

Check this out:

http://uwex.us/delmarir2.htm

Basically though it sits in about +/-135' to the sand (inside wreck about 140'-145' so I am told, have not been inside) with some relief, maybe 20' or so. The wreck is turtled and has a large opening enabling easy penetration. Port side sand is a large debris field. It is a long ride out..3 hours or so, but well worth it. Visibility is excellent (well for up this way anyway). We had a fun time last time out.
Mark

#13 naeshy

naeshy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:52 PM

Doris, thanks for the info. I'll look into getting those beforehand.

So Vinny, you're going Sunday morning to Millbrook at 8AM? Can we meet up?

-S

#14 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

Mark,
Sounds like a cool wreck. Are you going out of S. Jersey or Deleware? I think the guys out of Ocean City hit this wreck too.

I won't be in town on the 14th, but I'll be around on the 21st. Have you guys set a date yet?

#15 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

Shea,
It looks like I'll be there. Give me a call tomorrow (540.848.5788) and we'll see whats going on. It will just be training for an upcoming class, but there should be a group of people out that way.

I'll probably stay shallow (if wet) with the occasional trip to 80' to shoot a bag and practice a gas switch and ascent to another gas switch.

Edited by VADiver, 22 September 2006 - 06:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users