• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Grenada... The Real SPICY story!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BaysWaterBabe

BaysWaterBabe

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:265

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

Hi we are having a ball. More to follow later our taxi for dinner is here! Off to Patrick's!

#2 BaysWaterBabe

BaysWaterBabe

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:265

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

Back from dinner and EVEN Stan is statifised! And the meal was good too! :cheerleader:

We had a good day to day and yesterday and the day before! WW gave everyone t-shirts and we all had a group shot on the back of the boat today after diving the el del rhone. We dove 'sister' and 'frigrate' which were so pristine that the fish forgot to be afraid of the divers. We saw two nurse shark, TONS of eals, friendly fish and lots of drum fish. OTWDiver spied a grouper cleaning station and we saw a turtle, a huge slipper lobster that looked like DINNER! Unfortunately we were good and left it ther for the next tourist.

I met Kamala on the boat the first day and was surprised that I knew her but not half as surprised as she was when I asked if you were "Kamala with SingleDivers.com". I have now recruited my friend Keith who will soon have a screen name and several other Brits that were on the trip!

WW has asked me to be the UK Connection for her. I am not sure what that means but it involves pub crawls and lots of fun or so she says. I am hoping she is right!

Of course I have now met OTWDiver and the boat must continually remind him to 'take his nuts with him on each dive'. I have been volunteered to 'tighten his nuts' but oh my I think that I must get to know him better before I can accept such duties.

Well we are now heading to the bar where others will get a chance to post and Kamala will get her 'medicinal' rum to help alleviate her allergic response to smoke which turned into an upper respiratory infection.

Ciao for now....Lily aka BaysWaterBabe

#3 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

I must clarify the story about "my nuts". Any stories about 'losing them' or them 'being tighten' are greatly exagerated. However my rum consuption will not allow me to furhter elaborate this evening. Stay tuned for more details.

P.S. you are REALLY missing a great trip if you are NOT here with us.
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#4 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

But it is an amusing story. Are y'all upstair in a room with a laptop or are y'all downstair getting devoured by mosquitos? For some reason, the mosquitos like to hang out at that computer desk waiting for dinner to sit down so don't stay there too long. If you see Paul, give him a hug from me.

Have a blast,
Que :cheerleader:

#5 NorthSeaDiver

NorthSeaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

Its too late to talk properly but everyone wants me to tell you what has been happening locally and especially this evening!

We did take a group shot this afternoon...fortunately eveyone had their clothes on. Not sure that is still the case.

The 'yanks' are ok but it will be better when SD gets it UK chapter going! I will be helping Lily aka BaysWaterBabe and a few others to get the project off the ground and into the water. Gotta get wet!

The diving has been superb and I'll try to post some 'wet' shots! Here is our group shot.

Posted Image

#6 NorthSeaDiver

NorthSeaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

But it is an amusing story. Are y'all upstair in a room with a laptop or are y'all downstair getting devoured by mosquitos? For some reason, the mosquitos like to hang out at that computer desk waiting for dinner to sit down so don't stay there too long. If you see Paul, give him a hug from me.

Have a blast,
Que :cheerleader:

The group says to tell you that we are at the pub and that we'll give a hug to Paul tomorrow. Well I won't give Paul a hug...but someone will for you!

However for the record Paul was the one that found Bill's nuts on the dive deck and returned then to a very much surprised but gratetful Bill.

We have lots of Deet thanks to Desert Diver. However those mosiquitos are horrendous. Nice to meet you. We are having a blast.

#7 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:45 PM

I must for the record thank Lilly AKA BaysWaterBabe for assisting in tightening my nuts today. The dive was much more meaningful with Lilly's assistance and I didn't lose my gear, my dive nor my uh nuts yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Thank you my dear!

Well I came to Grenada to recover treasures and we did just that today. The wench found a 8" inch dinner plate inbeded in concrete and I assisted prying the concrete and rust away. It is not Italia but a rare US patern, circa 1760" er... I mean 1960's. (I'm still dreaming of china off the Bianca C...so more to come as we get to explore this wreck!)

The wrecks are incredible here. They have such beautiful old growth on them and they are havens for marine life. We've seen sharks, more eels than I thought imaginable and 3 huge puffers today alone. The King Mitch had 3 very large sharks on it today but I was distracted by the lure of treasure.

In addition to the china plate, the wench found a fully intact wine bottle still sealed and I found a glass domed deck or galley light fully intact. All in all it was a great day of diving for the wreck enthusiasts and the reef lovers!

Our second dive was shark alley and it was indeed loaded with sharks and marine life! The crabs were so numerous that I will mostly likely have some for dinner to offset my new found craving. :birthday:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#8 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:47 PM

To be fair to Lily...truth of the matter is that she handled my nuts MUCH BETTER than the crew did yesterday!

They were a nice bunch of guys but frankly they just didn't have the right touch! :birthday:

#9 allnightsimon

allnightsimon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:82

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

Christ the Wench is helping me post. I'm just glad to be here this evening after bailing out in just 11 minutes. Sad but true. I blame it on the wine. Must of been a corked bottle. What else. So far great holiday. The Bianca C was a highlight and the wine...until I tried diving the next day. I'd like to thank my manager and best wishes to you all your Brits back in frosty blighty. Back to the wine. More later.
Its all about the diving! Yeah even my name!

#10 allnightsimon

allnightsimon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:09 PM

Oh right after 3 glasses of wine I recall that I offered to help get the UK off the ground. But after 5 glasses I'm sure I'll have a plan for doing it.

But seriously several of us are going to get the UK chapter going. Absolutely!

#11 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:43 AM

I'm soooo jealous of you guys right now! I just loved Grenada last year! Make sure to spen an afternoon on Grand Anse beach while you are there. Can't wait to hear more reports.

#12 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

My ears just *popped* and they're open again, for the first time since last Wednesday! Yipee! Maybe I'll get to dive deeper than 22' after all! :cheerleader:

I think Simon and I were tied for the shortest dives on Grenada this week. He had more depth, I had a couple more minutes time. :fish2: Can't wait to get back in the water and :fish2: :fish:

#13 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:12 AM

Just be safe Stan...

Have a blast,
Que :fish2:

#14 NorthSeaDiver

NorthSeaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Were still here in Grenada and what a cracking holiday! Pleased report I,ve been down on Bianca C again and unlike Simon I went down for a lot longer, boy was I breaTHLESS!!!!!!! What can i say I was late to SingleDivers.com (Big Mistake!!!) great crowd, good fun and I'll definatley be coming again (if I'm asked after tonight!) Unpublishable can be veiwed by sending $50.00 to me at a swiss bank account to be advised!

Thanks for the fun

mugshot.jpg
NorthSeaDiver, BaysWaterBabe and WreckWench (forgive me if I got it wrong, I haven't seen 'em underwater! :angel2: Stan)

Attached Images

• turtle.jpg

Edited by Desert_Diver, 20 September 2006 - 09:46 PM.

#15 allnightsimon

allnightsimon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Good evening folks, like everyone here i can honestly say it's been a blast, no waxing in my closet i'm glad to report.

So back to keith's report, surfice to say it's not all about how deep one goes, its making the destination that counts, but it was a close shave.

So once again many thanks for a great time, a wonderfull holiday, lovely company, splendid diving ( including the scuba of course ) .

Met some great people, many thanks for their patience, it may have been a brief dive ( 11 minutes ) but what a blast.
\
Best wishes,

Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users