• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thanksgiving Plans

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

I know it's two months out, but two months isn't much when you making travel plans! I am planning on heading to the Bahamas (I have run out of rum), what are you doing??
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:26 AM

Well some of us(those north of the 49th) celebrate in Oct.
To answer your question I'll be spending 7-10 days diving the west coast of Vancouver Isl.(Port Alberni/Bamfield)

#3 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:15 AM

I'm going to visit my dad. After losing my mom this year, I thought it would be nice for dad and I to muddle through making a nice meal, and just having some fun. I'm bringing the turkey...

Diving can wait.

#4 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

PF,
That is so sweet of you! I think I have a cyber crush on you! For some things, diving can wait. I lost my Dad a few years ago and now spend Thanksgivng with my Mom. No turkey for us that day. We will soak some t-bones in Jack Daniels, fresh ground pepper corns, dash of salt and some cajun seasoning and flame grill them over real hickory wood chunks. We do the turkey thing on Saturday when the rest of the family drives in from other states to take over my house.

USBB

#5 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:02 AM

Ohhhhhh my own stalker! I feel so lucky! :teeth:

In all seriousness, I don't have much in the way of family, and my time left with my dad is short. We don't always get along, but it's cool to try and let him get to know me some.

I am lucky enough to be able to dive any time I want. And even have nice conditions to do so. I know many here are not that lucky. So I understand wanting to take some time to go do some diving for others.

I would remind people to think of the spirit of Thanksgiving, and remind them to think of the loved ones in their lives and how they can show thanks for those people.

#6 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:38 AM

I can't afford to travel during the holidays, and I'm not lucky enough to live where it's warm. Though that may change one day. So I'm usually the one who winds up cooking. It's usually small. Just my mom, my son and me. My dad and brother don't bother driving the few hours to meet up for the holidays. I can understand my dad not wanting to drive because he's 84 or so, but my bro is just anti-social. Maybe he should listen to Perrone.

#7 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

FairyBasslet,

There's an old saying:

"You don't miss your water until the well runs dry". In my case, I don't want to be kicking myself later for not spending these last few years with my dad while I can.

Maybe you can go get your dad. If he didn't live 13 hours away, I would get mine. I don't know what to say about your brother.

#8 kowski

kowski

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive con.
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

I know it's two months out, but two months isn't much when you making travel plans! I am planning on heading to the Bahamas (I have run out of rum), what are you doing??

I am free for thanks giving . Bahhamas sounds great /.. Let me know how many and where are u going to be staying. What part of bahhamas

Joe

#9 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:10 AM

. . .I'll be spending 7-10 days diving. . . .

I'd be thankful for that! :teeth:
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

I'll be at the 9th annual Thanksgiving Day Dive and Dine.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

:teeth: Bahamas would be great for Thanksgiving! Let us know your ideas or plans! :teeth: :teeth:
Travelgal

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#12 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

:teeth: Bahamas would be great for Thanksgiving! Let us know your ideas or plans! :teeth: :teeth:
Travelgal

One of my closest friends lives there, so my trips there are to visit. I haven't visited the islands in November before, so it will be interesting!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#13 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:25 PM

:wavey: Bahamas would be great for Thanksgiving! Let us know your ideas or plans! :diver: :diver:
Travelgal

One of my closest friends lives there, so my trips there are to visit. I haven't visited the islands in November before, so it will be interesting!

Bring your drysuit. That's right when the water temps start to drop enough that it will be a bonus.

Don't forget to let me know if you will be on a stop over. If I am not visiting family, maybe we can meet up.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#14 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:41 AM

Thanksgiving is always a boost to my ego. Let me explain...I am the single one, so every year my sister and my dad duke it out over whose house I'm going to that year. So far, it has been Dad 5, sister 0. Although, this year I think she actually threatened him with physical violence if I didn't go to her house, so we'll see. :usflag: Makes a person feel loved and wanted, don't it?
OH WHATEVER!!

#15 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

I have run out of rum), what are you doing??

:usflag: I don't know how you can handle it. It's amazing how three little words can upset a man. Like: "No more rum" or (whispered in the middle of the night) "My husband's home"

What will I be doing for Thanksgiving, Hmmm let me think. . . oh yes I remember. Having the time of my life with the best group of dive buddies a man can ask for. Where? you wonder, Sea of Cortez & Socorro Island & Revillagigedo Islands on the Inclusive Nautilus Explorer Liveaboard!!!

P.S. I have been assured that there will be rum.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users