• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Anyone out there looking a web developer?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:08 PM

Hey guys just posting this to do some networking. I've been pushed slowly out the door from my work (meaning things slowly got bad over the past month and today was the last straw). So I'm back to the job boards. (Not overly stressed about finding a new one but I'm hitting every venue I know of.)... Here's a summary of my resume... If you\your company has a position and you want the full thing just PM and I'll email it to you :blink:

3 years, 3 differnt companies of asp.net (c# and vb.net). With sql 2000\sql 2005 back end.

Knoweldge
Databases SQL Server 2000/2005 indexing, DTS, SSIS, Database Design, Stored procs, user defined functions, triggers, MySQL.

Programming, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Vb.Net, VB6, PHP
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#2 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hey guys just posting this to do some networking. I've been pushed slowly out the door from my work (meaning things slowly got bad over the past month and today was the last straw). So I'm back to the job boards. (Not overly stressed about finding a new one but I'm hitting every venue I know of.)... Here's a summary of my resume... If you\your company has a position and you want the full thing just PM and I'll email it to you :usflag:

3 years, 3 differnt companies of asp.net (c# and vb.net). With sql 2000\sql 2005 back end.

Knoweldge
Databases SQL Server 2000/2005 indexing, DTS, SSIS, Database Design, Stored procs, user defined functions, triggers, MySQL.

Programming, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Vb.Net, VB6, PHP

SEND ME YOUR RESUME

Edited by ScubaPunk, 04 October 2006 - 10:23 PM.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:08 AM

NOTE: If anyone wants a copy of Blackhawk's resume, let me or one of our staff know and we'll ensure that you get it!

Good luck! I wish I had some paid work to offer you...we always need help with web development...but it is the unpaid variety! :usflag:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

I spoke to someone on your behalf yesterday. I know very little about the job pay, hours, or whatever, but there is a need apparently. And it is a fairly large dive company.

PM me for details.

#5 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help and clarify a bit..

I still have a job I'm just very pissed off at it right now... The atomsphere has gotten pretty bad. My stress has quadurpuled yet my work load remains the same... :lmao: Some events happended last week that showed me just how unimportant we developers are to this company even though we are the company's lifeline.

So I need to thank both Punk and Perron for your help. Even if nothing comes of it I'm VERY grateful that you're going the extra mile me out.. I hope I can return the favor (just hopefully not in this way :lmao: ) ;) :D

Also I have two interviews on Tuesday... went out in bought a new tie today now I have to dust off my suit... Oh you get some strange looks when you go buy a tie and ironing strach in board shorts and a tank top :lmao:
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

Good Luck on your interviews Robert. Let us know how they go.

#7 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

And the plot gets interesting!...

I go for my interviews in a suit (that I look DAMN good in :D ). I get to sungard, and take their damn logic test and then the interviewers come in wearing shorts and t-shirts... Nerves suddenly hit in... And I believe I screw it up... get asked a couple of tech questions that I couldn't answer until after the interview on my way to the second one... DOH!

Second interview goes ok... I got this one through a techinical recruitor (lieing cheating pricks should be shot and drug through the street naked)... Well I told him last week I WOULD NOT consider anything under 55... his response "With your experience and their pay scale that should not be a problem"... After the interview I get called and the recrutier states "55 is a big differnce between pay what if they can only do 45" ... stupid prick wasted my time!

Well today comes around and I'm talking with sungard. They are calling my references and I should hear back from them tomorrow... which means it's probably going to be an offer....

But wait! I get called into my current bosses office and he offers me a 10% raise AND tells me I'm going to be promoted during my review in Janurary (this is WITHOUT knowing I'm planning on leaving the guy is pretty farking clueless)... so either way it's going to work out.. now it's all about money woohoo :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

:cool1: :cool1: :wakawaka: :twist: :dance: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool:

#8 Steve2056

Steve2056

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver, Nitrox, Deep Diver.
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:34 AM

With your experience and what appears to be a bouyant market why not go freelance? why work your ass off for someone elses profit?

All the best and hope all works out OK.

Edited by Steve2056, 12 October 2006 - 02:39 AM.

Old divers don't die, they just go down on old wrecks ;-)

http://www.stevecain.co.uk/

#9 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

With your experience and what appears to be a bouyant market why not go freelance? why work your ass off for someone elses profit?

From my experience, Freelance is ok but really doesn't provide much more profitt then working for a company. Go beyond that and I'm stuck looking for work every time a project is done. Not exactly ideal for my personality.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

From my experience, Freelance is ok but really doesn't provide much more profitt then working for a company. Go beyond that and I'm stuck looking for work every time a project is done. Not exactly ideal for my personality.

You have a GREAT personality but you are right...not everyone wants to be in sales or have to sell themselves! It is hard enough in a job interview let alone getting projects! Now about those projects we were talking about with SD...see pm sent to you! :lmao:

P.S. If anyone wants to contact Robert and you are not a premier member of our site, PLEASE email kamala@singledivers.com and I will get you in contact with him regarding job possibilities!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

BlackHawk

i know that my dad is looking to hire some programmers for the EDW for Baylor Information Systems. Would you be willing to relocate to the Dallas area?

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#12 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

BlackHawk

i know that my dad is looking to hire some programmers for the EDW for Baylor Information Systems. Would you be willing to relocate to the Dallas area?

Tooth

Yes I am willing to relocate... I'll PM the link to resume..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users