• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

This is not a dating organization.... but stuff happened....

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#181 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:08 AM

There is a beautiful "lady" at the bottom of Lake Jocassee who would like to meet you - you think you might get your tri-mix and go see her? I hear she's worth the effort :lmao: Plus, the topside refreshments are pretty darn good, if I may say so myself :thankyou:

Well THAT will be a great thread/contest topic in itself...will she or won't she get her trimix and train to dive to 300+ feet to see the BEAUTIFUL lost lady of Lake JoCassee!

I know I will not be the first girl to dive her...a special lady that Bill knows and who is training with him now is on that path with that intent! But I never thought that I'd ever dive in general let alone run dive trips or become a divemaster and lord knows anyone who knew me in the early days would of had a heart attack on the spot thinking about me doing my intro tech training and wearing doubles, carrying stage bottles etc.

So I guess anything is possible but I also know that as you take a step forward in your diving you need to make sure that you are VERY COMFORTABLE and GOOD with that step before you take the next one. That is how you prevent accidents in our beloved sport and it is not a contest...it is not a race. While being the first to do something is great...just doing it is all the achievement you really need...and of course doing it well! And 'over and over again' if you like it!!! :D

But yes...after seeing the videos and watching the documentaries done so far...I know I'd love to see it. However I might just do boat support with you and see it via the cameras on the boat...that would be cool as well! (And yes I hear your topside refreshments are awesome! Except for the used green m&m's that tumble in the water to the deco line! ):thankyou:

Who knows...maybe we'll do a deep, tech SD dive to see your special 'lady'. That would be awesome too! -ww

If anyone had seen me on my first SCUBA lesson, they would have written me off, for sure - or either died laughing at the dumb blonde who kept falling over on her back, spitting her reg out, and choking :lmao: It was not my best performance - but, like you, I persevered. However, I will be perfectly content to sit on the boat with you and watch via remote camera. Just the thought of diving with 6 tanks on is enough to convince me. Anyway, I'm sure we have some great Jocassee adventures ahead of us next year. Congratulations, again . . . :thankyou:
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#182 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

Not too many pictures taken underwater, but the whole sequence was videoed by the Orcaman. It should be a barn burner and a special Proposal edition. Waiting for the original soundtrack from OTW and then approval from the Wench. She has not given me permission to market outside of trip participants yet, but I think that will change.
The Orcaman, given special permission to video by the groom. I am honored to be a part of this significant SD event!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#183 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:49 AM

Congrats Kamala!!!! Best wishes to you and Bill!!
Known puker

#184 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

Not too many pictures taken underwater, but the whole sequence was videoed by the Orcaman. It should be a barn burner and a special Proposal edition. Waiting for the original soundtrack from OTW and then approval from the Wench. She has not given me permission to market outside of trip participants yet, but I think that will change.
The Orcaman, given special permission to video by the groom. I am honored to be a part of this significant SD event!

Thank you Larry...Bill has the original soundtrack for you. It will be sent this week. It was quite amazing to have his own words and music selection talking to me underwater on the deco line. Gosh that was the longest safety stop I've ever made! Well at least the most fun! :teeth:

As for distribution of the underwater proposal I'm not sure how many people if any would want to see it aside from those on the trip. If there is interest we can decide then.

And having you part of this 'signicicant SD event'...was incredibly special to me! I guess since SD has become my life...and this was significant in my life then it was a signicifican event! Or something like that! :lmao:

But as you know I had no idea that OTWDiver was going to include you in his project when I non-chalantly told you he wanted you to help him with something. Little did I know what it was! :o

But I am thrilled that you were the one videotaping it...I can say for certain that if you want something captured on video...YOU are the guy behind the camera! So will you film our wedding? I certainly hope so...not sure if it will be topside or below...but either way you are right 'shark...er Orcaman' for the job!

AND in true Orcaman form...you did a stellar job capturing the event on film...and how you fought that swift current, hung on the line with one hand and held the camera up for the entire affair is BEYOND me...but I sure am glad that you did! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#185 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

As for distribution of the underwater proposal I'm not sure how many people if any would want to see it aside from those on the trip. If there is interest we can decide then.

I'll be the first to say I'd love to see it :respect:
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#186 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

I'll be the first to say I'd love to see it :teeth:

:respect:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#187 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

Congrat Kamala and Bill!! Sounds like it was a WONDERFUL trip!! I'd love to see the video also!! So does that mean that all us Angel will be your bridemaids??!! (hehehe)
Sempar Partus!!

#188 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

:respect: :teeth: :lmao:

CONGRATS TO BOTH kAMALA AND BILL
HOPE TO MEET BILL ONE DAY SOON!

Did I miss the announcement or is it forthcoming as to the date of the wedding?

TRAVELGAL

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#189 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

Thank you Larry...Bill has the original soundtrack for you. It will be sent this week. It was quite amazing to have his own words and music selection talking to me underwater on the deco line. Gosh that was the longest safety stop I've ever made! Well at least the most fun! :teeth:

And having you part of this 'signicicant SD event'...was incredibly special to me! I guess since SD has become my life...and this was significant in my life then it was a signicifican event! Or something like that! :lmao:

But as you know I had no idea that OTWDiver was going to include you in his project when I non-chalantly told you he wanted you to help him with something. Little did I know what it was! :o

But I am thrilled that you were the one videotaping it...I can say for certain that if you want something captured on video...YOU are the guy behind the camera! So will you film our wedding? I certainly hope so...not sure if it will be topside or below...but either way you are right 'shark...er Orcaman' for the job!

AND in true Orcaman form...you did a stellar job capturing the event on film...and how you fought that swift current, hung on the line with one hand and held the camera up for the entire affair is BEYOND me...but I sure am glad that you did! :respect:

Hi Kiddo, my extreme pleasure, and when the dastardly deed is done, I will be there with camera in hand top or bottom. And as the NS and FG always say, It is better on the bottom.
And as I always say, It is what I do, if at all possible, and I certainly try.
And again, my Sincerest and Best Wishes to the both of you!!!
The Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#190 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

:respect: :teeth: :lmao:

CONGRATS TO BOTH kAMALA AND BILL
HOPE TO MEET BILL ONE DAY SOON!

Did I miss the announcement or is it forthcoming as to the date of the wedding?

TRAVELGAL

Hi, Love the duct tape thing.
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

#191 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

:birthday: Congratulations, Kamala and Bill! Way to go, Would like to meet Bill. :birthday:
Now when is the Happy Day??????? :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

:birthday:

#192 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

:birthday: Congratulations to both of you Kamala and Bill! Or as Kamala would say WooHoo!!

#193 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:22 AM

Simply awesome. Congratulations Kamala and Bill. Hope to meet Bill soon on one of our trips!!!

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

#194 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

better late then never.

first off Congrats to Bill and Kamala.

man i would have never thought a off the wall (no pun intended) guess would be correct

Yahoooooooooooo, Man im good, but "Im A Winner"

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#195 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

just wondering is there going to be a land or underwater ceramoney because if its underwater some of us need to start helping to find someone to make a gown that will survive underwater.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users