• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DFW "Engaging Happy Hour"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

Hmmm....the first (mass) public appearance of the newly engaged....

Someone order some champagne for them. Seriously...

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hmmm....the first (mass) public appearance of the newly engaged....

Someone order some champagne for them. Seriously...

...and they looked fabulous.

I had to duck out early because of work tomorrow, but stopped in to say that I've never seen Kamala look more radiant. Pictures did get taken, which they may or may not choose to share.

..and yes, they did show this jeweler the Ring, and I can tell you absolutely that Bill raised the bar for anyone wanting to get engaged.

PlatypusMan
...Sparky was impressed, too...

#3 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

Great to see some familiar faces (Deb aka Dejah, Que aka Sea Urchin, Stan aka desertdiver, and Kamala aka WreckWench) and meet new friends (Marietta aka C-Food, Jim aka Narwhal, John aka PlatypusMan, Dan aka Scubatooth, Mark aka Capn Jack, SWMBO, and Bill aka OTWDiver).

I agree with the Jeweler's assessment - Kamala's engagement ring is absolutely gorgeous! The newly engaged couple seem very happy - and Bill appears to be up to the challenge! :P (j/k Kamala!)

Had a great time and hope to catch another D/FW HH soon!

Edited by Terri, 21 October 2006 - 09:49 PM.

'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#4 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

I will certainly agree with all the others, the newly engaged couple seemed very happy and it was great to see some new faces as well as those I've met before.

Now for the ring, yes I agree it was stunning and Kamala seemed so very happy which is great as she truly deserves it! Bill it was great getting to meet you as well!!!

I wish you two all the best that life can bring!

Dejah

#5 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

So the big question is: did anyone get a picture of that ring??

#6 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

How about one of the happy couple? or is the ring more important?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

dilemma.gif

#7 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

How about one of the happy couple? or is the ring more important?

Well I didn't say that the we didn't want to see them as well but, hey, let's face it, we know what they look like but we haven't seen that ring yet! I'm hoping to get to be able to see both!

#8 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

I would have, and was going to, but you have to realize something: this is a tangible part of Kamala and Bill's relationship that one presented to the other--and I didn't want to do something like that unless and until they decide that it's okay for public consumption.

I'm aware that we all have some interest in what's happening in our friends' lives, but let's give them a bit of room to breathe now as they are just beginning to discover the delights and mysteries that men and women have found in each other since the first prototype models came out.

I can't describe that indefinable feeling I got looking at them beyond saying that they just glowed with happiness--and I think that one picture did capture that. I hope they will share it with us.

PlatypusMan

#9 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Nicely said, PlatypusMan! :welcome:

#10 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

I would have, and was going to, but you have to realize something: this is a tangible part of Kamala and Bill's relationship that one presented to the other--and I didn't want to do something like that unless and until they decide that it's okay for public consumption.

I'm aware that we all have some interest in what's happening in our friends' lives, but let's give them a bit of room to breathe now as they are just beginning to discover the delights and mysteries that men and women have found in each other since the first prototype models came out.

I can't describe that indefinable feeling I got looking at them beyond saying that they just glowed with happiness--and I think that one picture did capture that. I hope they will share it with us.

PlatypusMan

Wow, so, because I wasn't in attendance on the trip when Bill proposed, and wasn't in Dallas for the happy hour I (and 2700 other SD'ers) don't get to 'share' in the event or share in the couple's public appearances...

pictures are even more helpful since "the indefinable felling can't be described".

gee....thanks guys

dilemma.gif

#11 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

The first pictures have been released:

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

To be continued...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

Wow, so, because I wasn't in attendance on the trip when Bill proposed, and wasn't in Dallas for the happy hour I (and 2700 other SD'ers) don't get to 'share' in the event or share in the couple's public appearances...

pictures are even more helpful since "the indefinable feeling can't be described".

gee....thanks guys

:angel2:

Hey why don't you sponsor a NE Happy Hour to celebrate? As if I need a reason to celebrate! :D

Maybe that will help you get a feel for that 'indefinable feeling' thingy. :wavey:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:36 PM

More pictures have been released....

DSC00018.JPG Stan!

DSC00019.JPG I have NO idea what they're looking at...

DSC00022.JPG C-Food! Welcome to the mayhem and Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Stay tuned...more is about to come, from an engaging source!

#14 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:in training (beginner)

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

More pictures have been released....

DSC00018.JPG Stan!

DSC00022.JPG C-Food! Welcome to the mayhem and Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Stay tuned...more is about to come, from an engaging source!

We were looking at pictures from Cozumel (pre-Wilma, circa 2003)! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:11 PM

We were looking at pictures from Cozumel (pre-Wilma, circa 2003)! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

And they were really good too! Brought back a lot of memories too! Thanks for bringing them C-food! And thank you again for joining us. I hope all the engagement stuff wasn't too overwhelming :o

The Happy Hours are usually quite different sans a recent proposal! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users