• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! Sept (16)18-29 2007 The Philippines! Yes another S. Pacific Diving Fantasy!

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#16 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

I would be interested in this trip including taking my daugther. Depends on the air fare... I will watch for the details!!

Hey , this trip includes airfare from LAX..as well as the air transfers on the island!
Thats what I think makes this such a great bargin ...

#17 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

The final details are still being worked out by WW

We should have it posted soon!

#18 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:56 AM

I'm in! I bought a one-week stay at Atlantis through a Diver's Alert Network auction. Is there some way I can apply this toward my trip? I have been wanting to use the stay, but my dad keeps steering me away from the Philippines, saying it is no place for a single girl to travel alone. With other SDers going, that would be great. Let me know! :welcome:

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:58 AM

I'm in! I bought a one-week stay at Atlantis through a Diver's Alert Network auction. Is there some way I can apply this toward my trip? I have been wanting to use the stay, but my dad keeps steering me away from the Philippines, saying it is no place for a single girl to travel alone. With other SDers going, that would be great. Let me know! :thankyou:

I will see if they can work with us! I'm working on the final details now. kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

I have been wanting to use the stay, but my dad keeps steering me away from the Philippines, saying it is no place for a single girl to travel alone. With other SDers going, that would be great. Let me know! :thankyou:

NO need to worry about traveling in the PI .... I will be going for my 9th annual trip in just two weeks. You will be just fine traveling in the PI. The people are very nice. Just watch out for the "balut" (sp).

I will be diving in Anilao for my 6th trip in Feb 2007.

What does your Dad base his concerns upon???

Robin

#21 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

The concerns are likely based on the problems in the south as well as other problems that keep cropping up in the Philippines, especially in Manila and Cebu. Now don't get me wrong - I have also traveled there and loved it and would not hesitate to go again. The diving is fantastic! In fact, I am planning to return in the next couple of years. With this being said, though, one has to be aware of the risks one is taking before chosing to embark upon a trip.

#22 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:49 AM

I'm in! I bought a one-week stay at Atlantis through a Diver's Alert Network auction. Is there some way I can apply this toward my trip? I have been wanting to use the stay, but my dad keeps steering me away from the Philippines, saying it is no place for a single girl to travel alone. With other SDers going, that would be great. Let me know! :D

I will see if they can work with us! I'm working on the final details now. kamala

Hey Kamala, I heard back from Atlantis and they said that they would accept my DAN purchase toward the group trip. I've been talking with Matt Reed there (matt@atlantishotel.com), who okay'd it through his boss. Let me know what additional information you might need, or feel free to contact Matt directly. Thanks!

#23 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:50 AM

The concerns are likely based on the problems in the south as well as other problems that keep cropping up in the Philippines, especially in Manila and Cebu. Now don't get me wrong - I have also traveled there and loved it and would not hesitate to go again. The diving is fantastic! In fact, I am planning to return in the next couple of years. With this being said, though, one has to be aware of the risks one is taking before chosing to embark upon a trip.

Agreed...and there is safety in numbers!

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:54 AM

Great news! I just have a few more details for this trip and she will be open to book! WOW! It will be a great one! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 scubagirl7

scubagirl7

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:several hundred

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Great news! I just have a few more details for this trip and she will be open to book! WOW! It will be a great one! -ww

Definitely interested! I have been asking around and I hear nothing but great feedback! Keep me in the loop! :D

#26 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

I am so excited about this trip...when will you be able to post some more details?

#27 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

sunshinediver

WW is currently out of town at a conference and should be back first of the week. Unless fingrabber has the details i think we should have them when she gets back.

Im looking foward to this trip as well as i have been convinced to go by a higher power with very little arm twisting.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#28 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

sunshinediver

WW is currently out of town at a conference and should be back first of the week. Unless fingrabber has the details i think we should have them when she gets back.

Im looking foward to this trip as well as i have been convinced to go by a higher power with very little arm twisting.

Tooth

I'm afraid ya'll will have to wait for Wenchie to return from her conference. But, from what I know, this will be a great trip!

#29 ncdiver43

ncdiver43

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:trimix
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

This trip sounds really good.. 4 dives a day? Iam intrested in this one :-)

#30 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

This trip sounds really good.. 4 dives a day? Iam intrested in this one :-)

it does sound good, doesn't it?? I've seen some pictures from the Philippines and they are known for their nudibranch...the pictures are outstanding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users