• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oct/Nov 2007 Technical Trip for Aspiring, In-Training and Advanced Tech Divers!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 leesea

leesea

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Rescue, Photo, Wreck,
  • Logged Dives:735

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

I'll be diving the Oriskany again in October 19 or 20th. Got my old dive buddy coming in from DC. Going out with MBT Divers, check their website for quals needed. I don't intend to penetrate but do plan a "landing on the flight deck" @135 fsw. Only question is how cool will it get? Reports say high 60s maybe? Let me know if you want to share a cabin?
Lee in JAX
904-864-0411

#17 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

A source "relatively" close to WW said the details on this trip would be posted soon!!!

Watch this spot!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#18 Bonus

Bonus

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

A source "relatively" close to WW said the details on this trip would be posted soon!!!

Watch this spot!

OO

watching....

#19 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

Capn Jack and FG I really hate to do this but Im not going to be able to make this trip as i just dont have the time, equip and $$(unless i can find a generous benefactor) to make this part of my Deco training happen at this time. Maybe at a later date we can get together and do a dive as a team.

It will be most likely that i will end up completing my training sometime next year, and it will probably be in the carolinas somewhere.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#20 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hey 'tooth,

I completed both classes on the 2 NC trips this year :cheerleader:

YEA ME!!!

#21 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

Congrats Kim

Well i finished my Adv Nitrox in the Phillipines which was good as it will ber useful to me in the future. In addition i have some reservations in my mind about doing the deco portion right now until i can get a fair amount of time in doubles w/ bottles before thinking about it as my stop and gas switch for the check out dive wasnt the smoothest nor clean.

It will get done it will just come down to time and money.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#22 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Hey 'tooth,

I completed both classes on the 2 NC trips this year :fish:

YEA ME!!!

Congrats Kim!! :cheerleader: Now you should be ready to come dive the "O" with me! I finished deco procedures and ext. range after Grenada. I'm FINALLY finishing Advanced Deco in 2 weeks. So come dive the big ship wih me! What are you waiting on??? Let's do it!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#23 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

Hey 'tooth,

I completed both classes on the 2 NC trips this year :welcome:

YEA ME!!!

Congrats Kim!! :welcome: Now you should be ready to come dive the "O" with me! I finished deco procedures and ext. range after Grenada. I'm FINALLY finishing Advanced Deco in 2 weeks. So come dive the big ship wih me! What are you waiting on??? Let's do it!

Sounds like a plan to me! But, I want to learn to dive dry first so maybe March or so of next year? I hear that one of the guys from the Octobert NC is planning to dive the O then. :teeth:

#24 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hey 'tooth,

YEA ME!!!

Congrats Kim!! :welcome: Now you should be ready to come dive the "O" with me! I finished deco procedures and ext. range after Grenada. I'm FINALLY finishing Advanced Deco in 2 weeks. So come dive the big ship wih me! What are you waiting on??? Let's do it!

Sounds like a plan to me! But, I want to learn to dive dry first so maybe March or so of next year? I hear that one of the guys from the Octobert NC is planning to dive the O then. :teeth:

If you're diving dry, no need to wait that long! Actually the water's really cold then from cooling off all winter. Come now!! Unless this "guy" is worth waiting until March for - then I want to know who it is!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#25 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hey 'tooth,

YEA ME!!!

If you're diving dry, no need to wait that long! Actually the water's really cold then from cooling off all winter. Come now!! Unless this "guy" is worth waiting until March for - then I want to know who it is!!

the key here is "learn to dive dry"!!! It's one of the pieces I still need to learn before I continue with my tech training.

I admit I'm a wuss :hiya:

#26 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hey 'tooth,

I completed both classes on the 2 NC trips this year :birthday:

YEA ME!!!

Sounds like a plan to me! But, I want to learn to dive dry first so maybe March or so of next year? I hear that one of the guys from the Octobert NC is planning to dive the O then. :)

the key here is "learn to dive dry"!!! It's one of the pieces I still need to learn before I continue with my tech training.

I admit I'm a wuss :)

Wuss!?!?! I don't think so! I admire both of you. :diver: Congratulations! Maybe one day I'll be able to dive with the big girls. :birthday:

#27 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

Now I know you're no slouch there PPunk
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#28 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

Now I know you're no slouch there PPunk

Aww :welcome: Sweetie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic