• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Small Towns

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: How Far (32 member(s) have cast votes)

driving time

1. 30 min (12 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. 1 hour (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. 2 hours (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. just down the street (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

5. I pass all these places on my way to work (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

6. I dont shop at major stores (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. I live so far away, I shop online (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

Heck here in PortO'Connor, the nearest stop light is 30 miles away, and to Wally world, Heb, the only high school in the county, to Really go shopping it's 1 hrs drive. But for some reason all the Houston, Austin, , San Antonio, Dallas, and inbetween drive down every weekend to the cost, to pack the town to their weekend homes, some in the Millions,,, That is ok, I like taking their disposable income, for their boats. :birthday: Buty only takes 2 min to get to work. Since the whole town is 3 miles long and 3/4 mile long, and the Hiway runs into the bay, with water on 3 sides of town and the Gulf of Mexico a 2 1/2 mile boat ride.

Hey Sonny,

My boss is one that packs your town on a regular basis!!! He is actually from there, I think. Does that make it any better????
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#17 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

I do not even really live any "town." I get my mail courtesy of Brevard County, my power and telephone from Seminole County, and pay my taxes to Volusia County. Any big store is about 45 min to 1 hour. Publix is 30 min, as is my work. All this "rural" living just makes it easier for me to drive 2-3 hours to Dive!! I would already be on the road for half that no matter what I do, why not drive, dive and meet new people.

#18 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

Hey Sonny,

My boss is one that packs your town on a regular basis!!! He is actually from there, I think. Does that make it any better????
[/quote]

Sure does Miss Sissy,, I will have to send you some of my cards to give him,,, When are you going to catch a ride with him to come visit POC>???

#19 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

Used to drive 45 minutes when I was in Texas, now I moved to Tucson and am renting a place 5 minutes from everything but just bought a house 20 miles out to have room to breathe! ~ B
Ain't love a BEACH?

#20 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

[/quote]

Sure does Miss Sissy,, I will have to send you some of my cards to give him,,, When are you going to catch a ride with him to come visit POC>???
[/quote]

Sonny,

I have now found out that 2 of my bosses know you or at least know who you are. I had just not thought about where you are from and where they go!! My boss has said he should invite us all to his place sometime. If I ever get to go I will surely let you know!!! :teeth:

They are Randy and Rick . Goes to show we not only live in small towns, but a small world!!!

Edited by ScubaSis, 03 September 2008 - 01:37 PM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#21 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:14 AM

Sonny,

I have now found out that 2 of my bosses know you or at least know who you are. I had just not thought about where you are from and where they go!! My boss has said he should invite us all to his place sometime. If I ever get to go I will surely let you know!!! :verysad:

They are Randy Hudson and Rick Garner. Goes to show we not only live in small towns, but a small world!!!
[/quote]

Yes I know Randy and his Family , His mom and dad and mine use to play dominos togeather, And know of Rick Garner.
Yes the fishing is great right now. so you will have to catch a ride down. or drive down.
You are going to have to jump on the Cozy trip for Halloween,, for a quick dive trip!!!

#22 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:23 AM

This past weekend, I was up at my cousin's lakehouse on Lake Brownwood which is located in upper West Central Texas. I quickly found out how it is for those of you who live in rural areas. To go to the grocery store is a 20-mile trek back into Brownwood, to go to any kind of "convenience store" is at least 15 minutes. But many people there have homes right on the lake there and they almost never have to deal with traffic like I do in Houston. I was told you that you just get used to it.
-Mitch-

#23 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

Living where I do my general philosophy is: If I have to get the car, it's too far. Living downtown Vancouver everything is within walking distance, including my office. On weekends we will take out our bikes to run errands just because it is fun and we can cover more ground. The car generally only comes out for driving to see my parents, road trips, really big grocery store runs or going to the LDS (the one that I like is a little too far to walk). It really is nice to have everything so convenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users