• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Sea of Cortez Trip & Spanking Report...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hey,
I did not pick up one of the trip CD's the boat made for us.
I would love to see some of the shots posted. Can anyone up load the pictures?
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#17 barracudababe

barracudababe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:53 PM

This trip really was amazing! I'd have to say it was almost surreal with all the manta and shark action. It was more than I could have ever hoped for. All of the other sea life was just icing on the cake - the Sea of Cortez is right up there on top of my favorite dive locations list. The boat and crew were fabulous, they really went above and beyond to make sure our every need was fulfilled, wether it was to lend a hand or fix up gear or to just share in our excitement from the most recent dive.

I had so much fun getting to know everyone on the boat, from dinner conversation to poker lessons there was never a dull moment. And for those that might question it, if I do say so myself my enghish is coming along quite well :D It really is the people on a trip like this that make it great, I hope I have the chance to dive with all of you again!

#18 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:55 AM

It was a really great SD trip, and the Wench and I had to rush back to Palm Beach to do the Florida Dive show. Got in about 2 AM and had to get up at 6:30 to head up there and get the SD booth set up.
Happy hour until around 10:00 made for a long day, and back at it again on Sunday. On Wednesday whatever was going around on the boat finally got me down and I went to my ENT, took Avalox for 10 days with no results. On Monday of this week fever peaked at 101 F., that is about 38.5 C. for those of you who think that way and now taking Predisone. Feel somwhat better, but no creativity with a sever headache and fever, so I had not had a chance to do any work on the what I feel like will be an outstanding video, because of the people and the incredible trip.
Hope all is well with all of you and have a happy and safe holiday. looking forward to feeling better and a new year. As soon as I feel better and get the holidays out of the way,
The GREAT CORTEZ Video will be my first project. Look for it coming to a TV near you. My sincere apologizes for the delay, but it will be better then than now and there is a certain time that the memories fade and it really seems to bring them back. But there is also a limit to that so this will my first priority as soon as I feel well.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding.
The Orcaman, your video man!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#19 TaraTerrie

TaraTerrie

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:over 200

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

See Kevin's pics from the Sea of Cortez trip from link below:

http://www.photowork...i...b_pml&cb=PW

This trip was so magnificient, I will never again be contented to dive in the Carribean. Final score: Two torn wetsuits, two broken high pressure hoses, one lost safety sausage, one broken fin, and 27 bruises.
GOD, I HAD A GREAT TIME!

#20 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:33 PM

I just uploaded pictures from the trip CD into the 2006 gallery. Check it out!

Attached Images

• PB270727.jpg
  • PB270014.jpg
  • DSC02099.jpg
  • PB220645.jpg

"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#21 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

WHAT A TRIP!! Diving with sea lions, manta rays, white tip reef sharks, Galapagos sharks, silky sharks, silver tip sharks. hammer head sharks, more morays that I could count, octopi, rock fish, rocks, fish etc!!!! The boat and crew were awesome, the service - outstanding and the divers were the best!

It was a good trip.

Hawkman, no Limericks from you, been sick and on drugs, jury duty tomorrow. Going back to work on Wednesday, if I do not have to return to jd, desperately need to finish the videos.
So, can you do them, put them in mp3 mode and send them to me via email.
sending you my email via pm.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users