• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Live from Humperdinks-- its the DFW Happy Hour 12-2-06

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

I have arrived and awaiting the rest of the crew to arrive. If your still looking to come we are in the same spot as june over by the DJ booth and the brewery.

Come one, Come All

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#2 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:54 AM

What was the big surprise, there was no way I could make it to Arlington last night.

#3 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Dejah

The annoucement was of a Limited Edition of photo prints that im releasing this week(this is the first in this series in which in the end will be 5 print in the series). I brought a exhibition quality matted and framed printto show off which. This print is the edition master print, and is a guide for the other prints in the edition. AT previous HH i had shown a proof of the image that i had scanned from the orginal negative and made the print. This image on the other hand is traditionally done and totally blows away the proof that i have in my portfolio. It must be seen, as its hard to explain

It is images that i took on Shackleford Bank North Carolina in October of 2005 when our dives got blown out and got to go over to the island and i had a chance encounter with a couple of the wild horses that live on the island. In this image it is of one of the stallions on the island that was standing on the top of sea grass covered dune looking at me to see what i was doing, as he was protecting one of his mares. The image is called "Strength & Honor" .

Im working on the full release and will post it on tuesday. it will give all the details on the image and the edition.

Couple of details on the prints
size 16"x20" on metallic paper
Edition size: max 50 prints

I will be giving the members of SD first option at obtaining prints from this series before i post this to my website for public release. Then when the other images in the series are done i will give first option to members of SD prior to public release

I will being putting the 2nd print in the edition up for auction here on SD, shortly after the annoucement. In which a majority of the proceeds will be going to a charity that is close to me (Crohns and Colitus Foundation of America as i have been dealing with crohns for 10+ years now) and will go towards sponoring a scholarship so that kids can attend this camp in the summer. This camp is for the most part the only time some of these kids get to go away from home as there conditions require a fair amount of medical attention.

For those who are wondering my Grandmother bought the first print from the edition(sight unseen) after viewing the master proof i have in my portfolio, and her wish is my command.

Dan

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#4 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:31 PM

WOW!! that sounds awesome!

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:43 AM

Hey Dan aka ScubaTooth...your work is fantastic and SD is very lucky to have first access to your prints! I hopefully will be able to aquire one too...my problem is trying to just pick one!

I wish I could have joined you all but I was in Florida working the Florida Dive Show and doing our 3rd Happy Hour of the night...or should I say second...I think the NY/NJ group started at 4:30pm and we started at 6:30pm and then you all joined the fun!

But as soon as we set the Jan date I'll be there! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

The Happy Hour was small but it was a good group (basically a boys night out) and the conversation was non-stop. Also the server was good, alittle spacey but good.

Attendence List (in order of appearence)
Scubatooth (Dan)
Sniperdiver (Tony)
ScubaTex (Bill)
Grayfins (Gary)
Platypusman (John) just as we where leaving, J/K

WW if you cant decide just get one of each :tears: . The annoucement will be out in a couple of hours im finishing up the flyer.

Tooth

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:44 PM

I'd love one of each...just not sure I could afford them BUT you do have excellent prices!

As for the boys night out...WOW!!! I missed all those guys in one setting??? :tears:

NOTE TO SELF: Don't plan to be at multiple happy hours in the same night! :P

And I haven't seen ScubaTex since the Flower Gardens...I hope everyone had a great time! I'll be there next month for sure!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users