• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DAN RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:24 PM

DAN RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

The DAN Research Internship Program is designed to expand Project Dive Exploration data collection and to provide experiences that may motivate young people towards careers in diving or diving-related fields. The Internship Program will run primarily from June through August, and interns are recruited largely from undergraduate students at colleges and universities across the United States, Canada and Europe. (Non-student candidates, post-graduate students, and periods other than summer will be considered, if appropriate.) Interns are trained at DAN and placed with supportive DAN sponsors who will be the Host Facility.

Candidates need to submit an application (attached) providing personal, academic and diving information and a one-page essay outlining reasons for the applicant’s interest and why he or she would be a good intern. The application deadline is January 15th. Candidates may be interviewed by telephone by the Internship Review Committee if further information is needed. The DAN Research department will review applications, qualifications and phone interviews and make final decisions in mid-February. Interns will be notified by March 15th for the summer diving season.

Interns will be given a monthly stipend to cover some incurred costs. DAN will cover room, board and related expenses. All expenses must be approved expenses or have the written approval of the Internship Coordinator.

Click here for more information on the DAN Medical Research Internship Program.
Click here for an informational DAN Internship Brochure.

If you are a diver and a college student, medical student, recent graduate (within a year), or accepted into an academic program (and at least 20 years old) and would like to learn more about becoming an Intern, please review the Intern Requirements & Application.

To submit an application or for further information, please contact:
Donna Uguccioni, MS – Internship Coordinator
(800) 446-2671 ext. 627
Duguccioni@dan.duke.edu
Divers Alert Network
The Peter B. Bennett Center
6 West Colony Place
Durham, NC 27705
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:24 PM

GRACEFULC - I expect to see an application submitted by you! :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

And I think our own ScubaTooth has also submitted an application. :birthday:

This is a great program! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

DG- I totally tried to look this up when you first mentioned it this summer and couldn't find it!!! I am TOTALLY submitting an application! :blush:
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#5 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:30 AM

Im working on my application and hoping to have it done in the next 2 weeks, as this is something i would really like to do especially after meeting Julianna and Heather in North Carolina over the 4th of july.

At any rate by the end of next year im going to have my Paramedic Cert and this would make a great finisher from the training i have recieved in medic school and then to combine it with diving medicine as well would round everything out nicely.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:23 PM

DG- I totally tried to look this up when you first mentioned it this summer and couldn't find it!!! I am TOTALLY submitting an application! :-D

:) :cool1: :cool1:

Im working on my application and hoping to have it done in the next 2 weeks, as this is something i would really like to do especially after meeting Julianna and Heather in North Carolina over the 4th of july.

;) ;) :o

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

A little birdie told me two of SD's very own are on the short list for the final round of interviews!! Good luck to those candidates!

#8 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

DG - I am still bewildered by your ability to be "in the know" on these things... I'm gonna start searching my apartment for bugs! :cool2:
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users