• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: THE FUN-First Official SEFlorida Trip Thread

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#16 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:24 PM

hey marvel, can a landlocked man from ms. come down? please :lmao:

Wellllll..... SURE!!!! :2cool:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#17 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:38 PM

hey marvel, can a landlocked man from ms. come down? please :2cool:

Hee hee! You are all committed now!!! :lmao:

The List
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

Marvel, what boat are you planning for the Spiegel Grove and the Duane? Divers City will run both the same day, if we reserve it far enough in advance. Scuba Du would probably do both the same day also. For those of you coming that haven't done these, they are two sweet dives. Not to be missed.

#19 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:54 PM

I think if we do a 4 tank dive we could actually do Eagle, Duane, Bibb and Grove!!!!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#20 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:56 PM

I think if we do a 4 tank dive we could actually do Eagle, Duane, Bibb and Grove!!!!

So, that means you are in, Dance Partner??? :2cool:
Marvel

Posted Image

#21 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:58 PM

Marvel, what boat are you planning for the Spiegel Grove and the Duane? Divers City will run both the same day, if we reserve it far enough in advance. Scuba Du would probably do both the same day also. For those of you coming that haven't done these, they are two sweet dives. Not to be missed.

We've got a couple of different ops in mind- both will do morning/afternoon- how do you like Blublood's idea???
Marvel

Posted Image

#22 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

marvel,let me know when you have the plans in concrete and i'll go to our vacation angel to make sure i can take off :2cool: :lmao:
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

No one op does all 4 that I am aware of and if they did it would entail some serious logistics issues. Also all are fairly deep so you run into these all being advanced dives and of course no bottom time if you tried to do all in one day. We are already limiting the newer divers from joining us if we do the Duane....we can sneak them onto the Spiegle Grove but only certain ops will let you do both of those wrecks back to back.

How many interested are comfortable with diving over 100 feet and/or trained to dive that deep?

P.S. On the phone with hotels as we speak!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:05 PM

Count me in. That is most of my dives anyway, 100+. Also, will Nitrox be available and if so, what is the mix?
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#25 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

Count me in. That is most of my dives anyway, 100+. Also, will Nitrox be available and if so, what is the mix?

Whatever you specify. We usually use 32/36 per trip. :evilgrin: But, if all 4 are deep, these dive ops can accomodate....
Marvel

Posted Image

#26 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:26 PM

Sweet. :evilgrin:

I'll take 32% on the dives over 90 and 36% on the shallower dives.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:49 PM

Sweet. :evilgrin:

I'll take 32% on the dives over 90 and 36% on the shallower dives.

I'll check the recommended mixes for the wrecks once we lock into an operator that will do both of them. Both are fairly deep so 32% may be too rich. I should know tomorrow. Hope to have the hotel and diving locked down by then along with our working agenda.

Note: This trip will be very "Floridian" meaning that they like to drive alot. The working plan ala Marvel is to stay in Lauderdale by the Sea the whole time doing the shore and boat dives and hopefully our clean up dive and then drive to the Keys...actually Key Largo which is about 2 hours away in the am and then drive back after the dives in the PM.

I think the assumption is being made that we will have enough local divers to handle the transportation but if not we'll have rental car info available. If we had more time we could try to set up vans and airport pick ups like we did for the March trip but not sure we can pull it off in time for this one unless you want me to add that to the price and go for some vans. If this is a hit then we'll definitely do it for next year's dive to Florida so we can expand to more fly in divers from longer distances etc.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:52 PM

Whatever you specify. We usually use 32/36 per trip. :evilgrin: But, if all 4 are deep, these dive ops can accomodate....

Marvel I think you found out that if we do both of the wrecks...the Spiegle Grove and the Duane that we will NOT be doing 4 dives but rather just the 2 in order to not be limited on bottom time as well as ensure we have a decent surface interval. Is that what you were telling me? I'm getting confused this late in the day!! LOL!!!

formerly...

#29 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

zen's nervous system is much more advanced than the rest of us. he wouldn't seize til he hit a po2 of 2.0!!!!!!!!!!! :evilgrin:

#30 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Not to worry- these wrecks have lots to see, even up a little higher. Also, the boat would come in between the AM & PM dives- plenty of surface interval. Plus, thank goodness for dive computers!! :teeth:
Marvel

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users