• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Great White Sharks Oct 8-13, 2007! Guadalupe Island by way of San Diego

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#16 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:DM - 11 certifications, goal is DI
  • Logged Dives:170+

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:40 PM

STOP THE PRESSES! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Everyone,

Kamala phoned me with some great news for those of us who want to see great white sharks! We don't have to wait until 2008! Thanks to the SingleDivers.com group's charm aboard the Nautilus Explorer recently, the captain and crew were so impressed with everyone on that trip that they've offered Kamala the only remaining itinerary for 2007 to Guadalupe!

BUT... In order to lock trip in for SD she needs to book it NOW!!! Now, being like so now it's almost yesterday!

Advantages to changing from South African great whites to Mexican great whites:
1) The water is WARM not cold.
2) Airfare is $300.00 for the average traveler and a couple hours in flight to San Diego rather than $2000.00 and 15 or so hours in flight to Cape Town or Durban.
3) THE SHARKS ARE GUARANTEED!!!
4) We'd be on a luxury liveaboard rather than heading out from port each day.
5) I personally met a divemaster couple who did this trip while I was wreck diving this summer and they said it was the dive of a lifetime.

I WANT TO GO! I WANT TO GO! I REALLY WANT TO GO!!!

THIS IS MY DREAM DIVE! I REALLY WANT TO SEE GREAT WHITES BEFORE I DIE CAVE DIVING OR WHILE MOUNTAINEERING OR PERISHING IN A FREAK TOFU ACCIDENT!

CAN ANYONE ELSE SIGN UP NOW FOR OCTOBER 2007???

Prices are:

Executive Suite Shared Occupancy $3185.00
Stateroom Shared Occupancy $2785.00
Dorm Bunks $2385.00

Dates are:

Departure Date: Mon Oct 8 2007
Our chartered coach boards in San Diego at 7:00 pm
The ship will be ready for boarding at 9:30 pm
Coach transfers returning to San Diego on Sat Oct 13 2007 at approx. 7:00
pm

Who can do this??? Would this be the conical tooth challenge???

Trace

WOW! What an opportunity!!!!!!!!!! I was just reviewing my 07 dive trips today looking at the funds. My plans were to go to Honduras in May (hadn't firmed up plans yet) but after reading this I would much rather spend my money on this trip SO COUNT ME IN! :birthday: :birthday: I am so glad I came across this group! My top 2 to-do's have been whale sharks and great whites and I am now going to be able to do both this year!!

And I think that fills up the 2007 schedule for me! I just won't read about any more trips....

I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Now when I end my messages with "Shark bait and loving it" I will really mean it!!!

Amy
Shark Bait and Loving It!
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

Me too. If we board in San Diego, do I need a passport? I just got this itty bitty issue with passport :)

Que :welcome:

That is a good question. I will find out. We needed them for the Socorro trip but we did fly into Cabo too. I'll check for you! -ww

Yes we will be clearing Mexican Customs so you will need a passport!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

WOW! What an opportunity!!!!!!!!!! I was just reviewing my 07 dive trips today looking at the funds. My plans were to go to Honduras in May (hadn't firmed up plans yet) but after reading this I would much rather spend my money on this trip SO COUNT ME IN! :) :welcome: I am so glad I came across this group! My top 2 to-do's have been whale sharks and great whites and I am now going to be able to do both this year!!

And I think that fills up the 2007 schedule for me! I just won't read about any more trips....

I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Now when I end my messages with "Shark bait and loving it" I will really mean it!!!

Amy

Hey girl! We are glad you found us too! Looks like we'll have to create a volume discount program...by last count you were doing NC, Cooper River, Whalesharks and now Great Whites! You CERTAINLY seem to have a theme going here...SHARKS!!!

We need a few more people to make this trip a reality. We will have to take the whole boat of 24 so our work is cut out for us to fill this trip with all the other great offerings in 2007! Definitely let others know if you think they'd like to do the Great Whites! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

WOW! What an opportunity!!!!!!!!!! I was just reviewing my 07 dive trips today looking at the funds. My plans were to go to Honduras in May (hadn't firmed up plans yet) but after reading this I would much rather spend my money on this trip SO COUNT ME IN! :cool2: :cheerleader: I am so glad I came across this group! My top 2 to-do's have been whale sharks and great whites and I am now going to be able to do both this year!!

Amy

Hey girl! We are glad you found us too! Looks like we'll have to create a volume discount program...by last count you were doing NC, Cooper River, Whalesharks and now Great Whites! You CERTAINLY seem to have a theme going here...SHARKS!!!

We need a few more people to make this trip a reality. We will have to take the whole boat of 24 so our work is cut out for us to fill this trip with all the other great offerings in 2007! Definitely let others know if you think they'd like to do the Great Whites! -ww

Yes, would you PLEASE create a volume discount program!!! Or an adoption program as others have asked for! You correctly named the four dive trips I have planned for 2007. I spent the last three years unable to dive due to health issues. I had major surgery this past summer and spent the fall recovering and getting back in shape. Hence, the excitement to get back in the game!! I don't like being on the sidelines watching! Life is too short!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

BUT no more dive trips for me!! I will be busy diving with my DM program the rest of the year with numerous coastal training dives with students. I am NO LONGER going to read about any more trips.
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#20 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

WOW! What an opportunity!!!!!!!!!! I was just reviewing my 07 dive trips today looking at the funds. My plans were to go to Honduras in May (hadn't firmed up plans yet) but after reading this I would much rather spend my money on this trip SO COUNT ME IN! :P :dance: I am so glad I came across this group! My top 2 to-do's have been whale sharks and great whites and I am now going to be able to do both this year!!

Amy

Hi Kamala,
I have spoken to a number of diving friends here in this area and the idea of great whites is beyond what they feel comfortable doing. I think this is a fantastic oppportunity and I sure hope we can get enough people!! I will keep advertising on my end here in NC!

Amy
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hi Kamala,
I have spoken to a number of diving friends here in this area and the idea of great whites is beyond what they feel comfortable doing. I think this is a fantastic oppportunity and I sure hope we can get enough people!! I will keep advertising on my end here in NC!

Amy

Thank you! You might explain that diving with them in a cage is PERFECTLY safe and these cages are specially designed so that there is no way that a shark could enter the cage with the diver. We saw them on the baot when we did the Socorro trip...the bars are only wide enough for a camera to fit thru...NOT a shark!

Thanks for all your help...we can certainly use it. I will need to decide very soon if I am keeping this trip...but I sooooooooooooo want to do it! -ww :P

formerly...

#22 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for all your help...we can certainly use it. I will need to decide very soon if I am keeping this trip...but I sooooooooooooo want to do it! -ww :P

So do I! How much time do you have to decide? If we don't do this trip, can you recommend other great trips with an outside the norm feature to it?
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#23 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:42 AM

We have Great Whites in New Jersey too but we just can't see them :fish: :dance: :P
I hope this trip comes together because I would be interested in going.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#24 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

Kamala, do you need my services for this? Have an opportunity to go in May with a friend.
If so, let me know please.
Thanks, still on Meds, cannot shake this bug, now it is Biaxin.
The Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#25 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:12 AM

Kamala, do you need my services for this? Have an opportunity to go in May with a friend.
The Orcaman

I think you should plan to go with us!

#26 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

The Orcaman

I think you should plan to go with us!

Cool, then count me in,
LT
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#27 Jenn

Jenn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

AHHHH MANNNNNN!! If I wasn't already going on the December Australia trip I would be SOOOOOOO in on this one. jdbsagjebgkjseb. I'm using all but 2 of my vacation days for the Aussie trip. :usflag: I'll have to settle for mucking around for shark teeth until next year.

#28 Scubagirl404

Scubagirl404

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:NAUI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:around 1,000

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:24 AM

I am interested in going on the Great White Shark dive. I just joined this site and I am not really sure how to go about this. I saw the Great White's this summer in Australia. It would be nice to see them in warmer water.

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:04 AM

THIS TRIP IS A GO!!!

Thanks to all the generous help and referrals to other divers I think we'll get enough to fill the boat! So stay tuned for details! Dallas is under ice with spotty power...I'm working between outages to get this posted! -ww

Note: We will begin taking deposits as soon as I finalize the rest of the trip posting! -ww

p.s. ScubaGirl404...welcome to the site! You are off to a great start. Once the final trip details are posted you'll see a section called how to sign up for this trip. Basically you post that you want to go and your check is in the mail! (Or payment if using credit card or paypal.)

Then simply keep checking the thread and you'll see announcements of pymts rec'd so you'll know that you have moved from the Checks in the Mail list to the Who's Going List! (Check out some other trips we have running and you'll see what I mean!)

Then keep checking this thread for information on the trip or ask any questions that you may have! Welcome to SingleDivers.com and I hope you'll post an intro here so that we can get to know you better! (Simply click on NEW TOPIC in the upper right corner and it will pop up a screen for you to type in! Don't forget to add your location to your intro title. Then click POST at the bottom when you are done! -kamala aka wreckwench

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Trip Update:

The trip is now finalized and open for booking! Check out our Early Bird specials...deposit by 2-1-07 and get $50 off the trip!

Get an add'l $100 off the trip if you deposit one of the VIP suites!

(of course all Premier Members and Above get a $25 rebate after the trip!) Suhweet!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users