• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oct 5-7 NCSeafood Festival & Artifacts! & SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:31 AM

VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! BRING A BUDDY AND GET A CHANCE TO WIN THIS TRIP FREE! BRING TWO AND GET TWO CHANCES TO WIN!!!

or

REFER A DIVER WHO SIGNS UP FOR THIS TRIP AND YOU CAN WIN A FREE SPOT FOR YOURSELF!!!

Two ways to WIN and two ways to help SingleDivers.com fill this trip!

Yes you read that right. If you are on this trip and you get someone to join this trip you'll have a chance to win this trip for free! If you get 2 people to go you'll have 2 chances to win this trip for free. If you are not on the trip but you get someone to go then you can win this trip for free and join them. Get 2 or 3 people to go and you'll have 2-3 chances to win a free spot for yourself!

So lets see who wants to dive for free??? :cool1:

REVISED PRICE...NOW EVEN LOWER ONLY $685 vs. $805 for Fly In Divers...EVEN LESS FOR DRIVE IN DIVERS!!!

Hey everyone...it is tradition for us to do several annual North Carolina Wreck and Shark Diving adventures a year! And 2007 will be no exception! We'll be staying at the Fisherman's Inn or Comfort Inn and diving with the Midnight Express out of Morehead City.

We'll arrive the 4th and celebrate the end of Hurricane Season participating in NC's Seafood Festival! We'll dive the 5th, 6th, 7th and drive in divers will usually depart on the 7th (they can stay longer just let me know) and fly in divers will depart on the 8th!

Don't miss this one...we'll only have 2 trips to NC this year...July and October!

October is the end of Hurricane Season and the time to find artificacts...or whatever the strorms have uncovered! The Seafood festival offers food, fun, festivities including live bands, fireworks, games and lots of other attractions! You won't want to miss this one!

Oct 5-7 diving with Oct 4th and Oct 8th as travel days!

The water is still warm and the clear...the air temps are still warm generally in the 70's and sometimes 80's... bottom temps...78-80 and 60-70+ ft of vis! Not bad if they were hit by hurricanes...even more vis if the coast was spared from direct hits! 3 years ago we found porcelain German bowl...2 years ago we found sterling silver forks and spoons...and last year we found another brass ammo locker hatch and loads of small calibre ammo. :blush2:

But WAIT...IT JUST GOT BETTER!!! HOW? DAN and COCHRAN Computers have teamed up with SingleDivers.com to make SD a data collection group for studies being conducted to understand DCS and how to prevent it. Cochran computers have always been a part of DAN's efforts to help prevent DCS but Cochran's new computers go even farther to collect critical data such as your flight durations and times, as well as if you are diving in fresh or salt water, cold or warm water and more. Sampling once a second compared to once every 7 seconds like most computers, these computers are incredibly intelligent and we are very excited that we'll be able to use them to collect data for DAN on this trip as well as check out the newest and most exciting dive computers from the Cochran Dive Team!

To See More...Click here for NC Photo Gallery

Who's Going? ONLY 18 spots!

1. Kamala aka the "Wreck Wench" 5days/4nites-pd Rental Nitrox 100's - pd - D/O - Flying Survey & Waiver
2. OTWdiver (pd) 5days/4nites, Nitrox fills only, drive in, Official Trip Instructor
3. Adam aka Adam12Diver - MD - (pd) -drive in - Nitrox; Rental 100's (pd) - Survey & Waiver
4. Ken aka scubaken - (pd) steel 100's - Canada - Survey & Waiver
5. Liz aka FollowLiz - (pd)
6. Mark aka DiverMark - (pd) nitrox 100's, 3 days/no nites - Survey & Waiver
7. Kimmie aka finGrabber - 5 days/4nites; Rental steel 100's/Nitrox Survey & Waiver
8. Manuel aka runswithebulls - (pd) nitrox 100's, Single Room, Survey & Waiver
9. Phil aka Topless (pd) 3 nites/3days Waiver
10. Monte aka BubbleBoy - (pd) 3nites/3days Lodge, rent (1) 120 Survey & Waiver
11. Phyllis aka Stingray - (dep + refund) 5 days/4nites, Alum 100's/nitrox Survey
12. Andy aka drewski (credit card auth stuck in my fax machine temp) Survey & Waiver

Check's in the mail...

Waiting List:

Who's Interested...

1. scubatooth
2. DIVEAK
3. juliwithani
4. Fala
5. SeaUrchin
6. ScubaPunk

Full Details below:

Hey gang! ONLY 18 TOTAL can do this trip!!! Diving on History in North Carolina is a once in a lifetime dive you have to do at LEAST once!!! But I'll warn you...when you find out that there is Caribbean water with HUGE animal encounters and the most incredible wrecks that you can dive on or in...you may just get 'hooked' like some of us near and dear to you...ahem...me! NOTE: The hotel will be changed to the Olympus Dive Lodge to save about 50% of the normal room costs. PRICES WILL BE REDUCED TO REFLECT THESE CHANGES SHORTLY!

What You'll See:

REAL WWI and WWII shipwrecks..sunk as early as 1918
The U-352...the second U-Boat sunk by the US in WWII and the ONLY U-Boat in warm, clear diveable waters!
Numerous U-Boat victims (not bodies) who fought valiantly for our freedoms!
Large animals such as Huge Southern Stingrays, Barracudas, Grouper, Amberjack, and yes SHARKS...SHARKS...SHARKS!!!

(Please note that we ask for 40+ dives and adv open water or equilivent in experience as these wrecks are 80-125ft in depth. The water temps are 80-85 degrees and vis is 70-150ft. No wreck certfication is required however the standard nitrox blend is 30%. Most wrecks do NOT have penetration opportunities and you must be specially trained to attempt a wreck penetration. Many of the wrecks have light passthru's where you can swim in and out to the light on the other side. Most of the wrecks are scattered due to frequent storms or if inshore cable layered to prevent hazards to shipping.)

See full package details below these summaries.

4 nights/3 days Diving/6 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB/Morehead
$685 diver Dive Lodge accommodations* or $805 diver d/o standard hotel accommodations** (ask for non-diver rates) *NOTE: This trip price has been reduced as we are doing the Dive Lodge at Olympus for half the normal hotel rate. Prices have been adjusted accordingly to reflect this change!

* This price is for accommodations at the Olympus Dive Lodge one block away from the shop and where the group is staying. **This price for standard hotel room d/o (must have another person to do d/o with you or upgrade for $65 per nite to single room.

(All divers need to arrive in RDU Raliegh airport by 3pm Thursday Oct 4th for group van pickup. If from the local area need to arrive sometime on Oct 4th. Depart Monday Oct 8th from MHCity at 10:30am, have lunch along the way and arrive RDU approx 2:30-3pm pm in time for flights departing 5pm or later from RDU.
Note: Departures earlier than 5pm must be approved by SD!

Note: Please contact me for local VA/NC/SC drive in rates. For a quote I'll need to know if you need rentals or fills, and if you are staying 4 or 5 nights.

Optional Add-on's:

Single Room Upgrade: $65 per night or $325 for 5 nites (limited single rooms available)
Nitrox: Nitrox Fills for drive in divers are 30% mix. 100's $14; 80's $12
Nitrox: Nitrox Rentals for fly in or drive in divers are steel or alum (mix is 30%) 100's $19; 80's $16
Air: Air Fills 100's $7; 80's $6 for drive in divers
Air: Air Rentals 100's $12; 80's $8 for drive in divers
Air: Upgrade to air 100's $5 per tank for fly in divers
Air: INCLUDED IN SD PKG are 2 air 80's daily
Additional Sightseeing & Deep Sea Fishing* excursions: Historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach and Morehead City offer a host of shopping and fun activities on 'the boardwalk'. We can also visit Fort Macon which is the only fort to be commissioned twice in US History...first in the Civil War and then in WWII. (*Can be accommodated if we lose a day of diving OR you plan to stay a day later or arrive a day early.)

Discounts:

1. SingleDiver.com Premier Membership Mail In Rebate <$25>
2. Early Bird Booking Special: Steel 100's are limited to the first 4 people who book asking for them. So book early if you want steel tanks rather than alum 100's or 80's.
3. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via credit card or paypal please add 3% processing fee.

Deposit Information:

1. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $200 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.

2. Deposit Schedule:

a.$200 due at booking to hold your reservation for trip
b. 50% of trip bal total due April 1st or $480
c. 50% of trip bal due $480 less deposit of $200 + FUEL SURCHARGE (if any) = $280 + fuel surcharge
Note: Premier Member $25 After Trip Rebate Form here.

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC,) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com. Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

* INCLUDED in 5 nights/4 days Diving/8 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB NC pkg:

Over ten years of experienced hosting by the "Wreck Wench"
4 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day (air 80's included with upgrade avail. to Nitrox and 100's)
Five (5) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman's Inn Hotel (100 ft from the boat)
R/T Transfers from Raleigh Airport to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Wreck, Boat, Deep, Computer, etc.
Fabulous Fresh Catch & Steak Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
Dinner reservations for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
Lead included, but bring your own weight belt, as belts are limited.
SD's Famous "Meet & Greet" Happy Hour and Introduction Party!
SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!
Boat limited to ONLY 18 divers plus crew. (Hurry Now to secure your spot!)

NOT Included:

Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $280 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 4 of 5 nights
Dive tips..typically $10-$20 per day
Nitrox upgrades
Other incidentals
Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice.

*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is $115+ per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!

Note: PLEASE ask us if you are able and ready to make these phenomenal dives comfortably and safely! NC diving is not for everyone...but it could be for you!

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

Far Offshore Wreck Opportunity:

Due to the limited number of divers on Friday on both Olympus and Midnight Express we have opted to consolidate the boats into one boat for FRIDAY ONLY and we will do an extended range dive site such as Naeco or Cassimir. This is a rare chance to dive sites that are much further out for only $10 a person add'l fuel surcharge. In 13 years of diving the NC coast I have only dove these far offshore wrecks about 10 times total so it is truly a rare opporunity! (And the shop tells me that the cost of fuel will force them to charge as much as $25 extra for the far offshore wrecks next year so $10 is a bargain!)

I will collect the $10 from each diver in NC so unless you are sending money you do not need to send this amount separately.

Spots:

I've just spoken with Olympus and they may have helped us fill 4 spots of our 6 open spots for the weekend. :dancing:

However if you know of anyone else interested in world class diving...please let them know that we still have 2 openings for Sat and Sun and there are still openings for the far offshore wrecks for Friday only which is now optional if anyone signs up this week.

Hotel:

For those staying at the Hotel option...you will be staying at the Comfort Inn in NC on Hwy 70.

comfort Inn,
3100 Arendell St.
Morehead City, NC 28557
(252) 247-3434

Reservation is still in SingleDivers.com name but will include the guest's name in the next few days. Note the hotel does offer free internet connection.

Dive Lodge:

The main group is staying at the Olympus Dive Lodge. The Dive Lodge is located about a block from the Olympus Dive Center. The lodge is only $30 a night including the taxes for a shared/communial/bunkhouse style accommodations vs. $65 per person d/o. While it has a kitchenette, living area and plenty of bathrooms, it is short on housekeeping so you will need to bring the following:

1. Pillow & pillowcase
2. Sheets & blankets
3. Towels for showers

If you are FLYING IN...we can stop at Walmart and purchase anything you need...or Bill aka OTWDiver will look at how many extra pillows, blankets and sheet sets he has that he can bring members. If anyone is driving and wants to offer to bring some extra linens that would be great!

Parking:

Due to the NC Seafood Festival being RIGHT IN DOWNTOWN MOREHEAD CITY NC we'll actually be right in it and so will have special parking restrictions during the weekend both for the diveshop and the lodge. Thursday arrivals are not impacted but parking on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be. I will have this information later today or early tomorrow and I will post it for you.

Tank Rentals and Fills:

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE ON A PACKAGE WITH SINGLEDIVERS.COM and you have rented your tanks or gotten your fills via SingleDivers.com. I have PREPAID THEM but you won't get your tags until Friday. If you try to do that on Thursday you will overpay and owe for a second set of fills or rentals to both the shop and SingleDivers.com neither of which is refundable. SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SET UP YOUR RENTALS OR FILLS....only fill out waiver information if you arrive early to the shop before the group.

If I get a chance to organize with the staff in advance we may try to do this differently but for now this is how you are to do this. DO NOT TRY TO RENT TANKS OR GET FILL TAGS...I have paid for them already and they will be given to me to disburse.

If you have rented tanks from OTWDiver those will be available to you either Thursday night or Friday morning. The rental price is the same as Olympus but the tanks are steel vs. aluminum.

Meeting Place:

The main group will arrive about 7pm or so on Thursday and will meet at Olympus Dive Shop to start getting signed in and ready.

Once we get checked in and drop off bags. we'll get a bite to eat and people can socialize a bit and then prepare to hit the rack early. Since we'll be going further offshore than normal....take your seasick meds just to be sure EVEN IF YOU NEVER GET SICK. Better safe than sorry!

PLEASE obtain trip insurance ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages about $ for this trip.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Get your Trip Documents Here: Survey & Release Forms
Send your trip Survey to: Trips@singledivers.com DO NOT FAX YOUR SURVEYS TO KAMALA
Ask me for the password: Send me a PM or email to scubapunk@singledivers.com

Edited by ScubaPunk, 03 October 2007 - 06:17 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

OK, so I cant get enough.. :) Sign me up! My check is in the mail! I would like to have my name added to the driving in list but I will be staying 4 nights and I will need fills only. I will also be available to teach classes if there is anyone wanting Nitrox, Deep Specialty, EFR, Boat...
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#3 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

Excellent!

I've added you to the list

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:27 AM

Put me on the interested list for right now. I really would like to go back to NC but need to settle some things first.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#5 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:33 PM

Put me on the interested list for right now. I really would like to go back to NC but need to settle some things first.

Tooth

Excellent!

I've added you to the 'interested' list

#6 Motown Cheesehead

Motown Cheesehead

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Wreck
  • Logged Dives:about 40? (my log book is packed)

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

Put me on the interested list as well. I know this sounds silly - but I need to wait until the NFL schedule comes out until I can commit. I have certain games during the year that have become annual social events!! So, my fall traveling is always tentative until the NFL releases that.

#7 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Put me on the interested list as well. I know this sounds silly - but I need to wait until the NFL schedule comes out until I can commit. I have certain games during the year that have become annual social events!! So, my fall traveling is always tentative until the NFL releases that.

Fabulous! :banghead:

I will add you to the "interested list" as well. Hopefully the football schedule will let you come diving. This is a great trip!

Karen

#8 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AI also GUE: DSAT: TDI: EFR /AED Instructor
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

Interested...Highly probable.
Need to see about Air reservations.
Thanks
DiveAK

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

Interested...Highly probable.
Need to see about Air reservations.
Thanks
DiveAK

You will LOVE this trip! Let me know if you need any help with the flights! The best carrier from AK will be AA.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

Count me in - my deposit check is on the way. I've wanted to dive NC and this sounds like a great trip.

I'm doing my Nitrox cert in Flower Gardens so I really have no idea if I want steel or aluminum, 80's or 100's. When we get closer, I'll let you know.

I'll be driving - if anyone if coming from Baltimore/DC/Richmond area, I'd be happy to carpool.

cheers.

gwyn :banghead: :lmao: :P :P :)
(super sunny, back to five)

#11 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

Count me in - my deposit check is on the way. I've wanted to dive NC and this sounds like a great trip.

I'm doing my Nitrox cert in Flower Gardens so I really have no idea if I want steel or aluminum, 80's or 100's. When we get closer, I'll let you know.

I'll be driving - if anyone if coming from Baltimore/DC/Richmond area, I'd be happy to carpool.

cheers.

gwyn :banghead: :lmao: :P :P :)

Great I will add you to the list. This is an awesome place to dive. I have gone twice and love it!
I would suggest you go for the 100's.
Karen

#12 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

cheers.

gwyn :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :birthday: :birthday:

Great I will add you to the list. This is an awesome place to dive. I have gone twice and love it!
Karen

All right you talked me into it. Count me in for the 100s.

gwyn :birthday: :wakawaka: :dance: :dance: :dance:

#13 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

cheers.

gwyn :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Karen

All right you talked me into it. Count me in for the 100s.

gwyn :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

OK.. I will update the list..and you will want Nitrox ..esp since you will be getting your Cert with us on the Flower Gardens trip :)

#14 Motown Cheesehead

Motown Cheesehead

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Wreck
  • Logged Dives:about 40? (my log book is packed)

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

Better move me off the intersted list....the NFL schedule worked out. But because it worked out so well - my buddy from Chicago and I are going to do our big scuba trip during that time. We're debating either Grand Cayman or Bahamas....I'll have to find another SD trip to join in on.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Better move me off the intersted list....the NFL schedule worked out. But because it worked out so well - my buddy from Chicago and I are going to do our big scuba trip during that time. We're debating either Grand Cayman or Bahamas....I'll have to find another SD trip to join in on.

Let our travel network help you with either one and save you money! And we certainly look forward to you joining us on another trip! kamala

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)