• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oct 5-7 NCSeafood Festival & Artifacts! & SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

Okay so I watched the video. And I now I am a bit nervous. Those were some pretty big sharks. and I don't have my wreck cert and I'm not sure how I feel about penetrating some parts of the wreck. - they looked a tad tight. And did I mention that the sharks looked rather big - what if they think I look like a tasty snack? :)

:-D :D :cheerleader: :fish2: :fish2:

Gwyn, dear. All sharks are big :fish2: They won't chase you unless they see an easy meal when your spear-fishing. You don't have to penetrate... there are swim throughs too. The best thing about this trip is all the funnel cakes and junk food you can indulge in at the festival. :D

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

Check out what we'll see!!!

Click Here to See Video courtesy of Tom aka fpsndiver

Okay so I watched the video. And I now I am a bit nervous. Those were some pretty big sharks. and I don't have my wreck cert and I'm not sure how I feel about penetrating some parts of the wreck. - they looked a tad tight. And did I mention that the sharks looked rather big - what if they think I look like a tasty snack? :fish2:

I just noticed BW that I owe you the balance for the trip. It's on it's way. Along with the tip from Flower Gardens.

gwyn

:-D :D :cheerleader: :fish2: :fish2:

Gwyn that footage had a big opening where the wreck was torn apart and you can see into it. Most will not go into the wrecks at all. In fact most don't allow you to go into them...simply survey them. As for the sharks...they look big but they really aren't that big and they are a harmless species. Trust me...you can dive with me if you like! It will be easier than the Flower Gardens!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

Payment Update:

1. Adam aka Adam12Diver got your deposit! Welcome to Shark Roundup! -ww :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

New Trip Photo Gallery...

When you get your photos of the sharks, I have set up a photo gallery for this trip. It is located Here...

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shadragon...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#35 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

I am interested in this trip. Will see if I can get the time off work.

#36 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I am interested in this trip. Will see if I can get the time off work.

Fabulous! I will put you on the interested list.
I hope you can go this is such a great trip..

I wish I could go every year. Diving the historic wrecks and of course the Sandtiger sharks make this one of my all time favorite places to dive..

Karen

#37 adam12diver

adam12diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Sorry I will take 100's if they are still available. Have you gotten any flight information out of NC to CA. I will be flying into NC and then out to CA. I don't know if that makes a differance.

#38 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Sorry I will take 100's if they are still available. Have you gotten any flight information out of NC to CA. I will be flying into NC and then out to CA. I don't know if that makes a differance.

Ok, I'll update your request to include 100's...do you want to dive Nitrox as well? I'd really recommend it due to the depth and the number of dives

#39 adam12diver

adam12diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ok, I'll update your request to include 100's...do you want to dive Nitrox as well? I'd really recommend it due to the depth and the number of dives

Yes to the Nitrox Thank you

#40 FollowLiz

FollowLiz

Getting started

• Charter Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:291

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

I had a blast on the 4th - count me in for this one. I'll get with Kamala on the payment. I'll need rental tanks but that's about it.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 05 August 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#41 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

I had a blast on the 4th - count me in for this one. I'll get with Kamala on the payment. I'll need rental tanks but that's about it.

:cool1: Great!! I'll put you on the list. :lmao:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 August 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#42 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

Fala

will u be driving or flying from ny to nc?

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:49 AM

Important Trip Update:

Being a holiday weekend for the local area (NC Seafood Festival) the prices are higher and there will be many people in town that are not divers. To offset this I've secured 18 spots in the Olympus Dive Lodge for anyone that wants this option. Pricing will be about 50% less than a standard hotel ($30 per night d/o including taxes vs. $65 a night d/o in a regular hotel room.)

The Lodge offers several advantages including walking access to the boat which will be particularly nice during a holiday weekend. The rate is half which is nice but it is also a shared accommodation with up to 30 other divers if completely full which is rare. The layout includes individual rooms with 4-8 bunks in them and then large shared common areas with a full kitchen and lounge area. There are 3 showers for the men and 3 showers for the women. You will need to bring sheets, towels, blanket if needed and a pillow. For fly in divers we can do a walmart run to pick these items up and a number of our drive in members have offered to bring extra sheets and pillows. OTWDiver will be on this trip and will also bring extra linens for fly in members. So if you want to make it work we can. :lmao:

OR...you can do an upgrade to a traditional hotel room. I will release all but a few of the rooms since many have already expressed interest in the more affordable accommodations. Currently SD is the only one booked in the Lodge but we may end up with a few other single and solo travelers who may be on other boats but will certainly fit into our group! :D

So I will get this pricing posted shortly to reflect the lower cost option of the Dive Lodge.

formerly...

#44 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

If there is anyone interested in this trip that for some odd/random reason can only dive friday and wants someone to take their spot saturday/sunday I would love to go but can't get there until LATE friday night, so can only dive saturday/sunday....

Just a thought for anyone who might just be coming through town on their way to something else that weekend....
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

If there is anyone interested in this trip that for some odd/random reason can only dive friday and wants someone to take their spot saturday/sunday I would love to go but can't get there until LATE friday night, so can only dive saturday/sunday....

Just a thought for anyone who might just be coming through town on their way to something else that weekend....

Ok so you want to find someone for Friday only so you can do Sat and Sunday? I'll also ask the shop for some last minute referrals! This may work! :)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users