• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The January NE HH report...You are NEVER gonna believe this!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:40 AM

In any event...some of us are patiently waiting for you all to recover so we can hear and SEE all the details thanks to Ms. Starfish Sandy's camera!!! :D

OK, actually, Ms. Sandy left before the REAL fun began.

I'll post more later, but here are some hints.

Getting kicked out of the original resturant
Lots of liquor
Bon Jovi
steath Margarita
T rex
Condom race on stage (find out which of our members WON!)
Bad medicine

Oh yeah, and a picure of me with a Moose! (It's like looking into a mirror.)
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

Why is it called a Happy Hour when it lasted till 02;00?
Here we are gathered at Gaffers for dinner and drinks, Why Gaffers do you ask? Well a few of us were dressed too casual for Highlawn's taste and I was told to stay out of the dinning room and bar, there was some talk of bringing me a doggy bag in the parking lot.
Heidi our resident expert moved us down the hill to Rock Bottom but it wasn't open yet so we ate at Gaffers and talked about, what else diving.
Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

After dinner we move across the street and the topic of conversation becomes more adult and the birthday girls have a race to protect the mic's, something that should have been done before the Bon Jovi wannabe sang!
Heidi (in black) always the coach gives Ellen tips :D
Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#4 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:03 AM

Ellen wins and Heidi cheers :D
Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

Ellen is declared the winner and gets "Sex on the beach" which isn't exactly how she thought the night would end, something about the drummer was missing!
Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

Guess who?

Posted Image

Moose, PM me your e-mail so I can send you these files, Ray

Signed and Dated

#7 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

Darn, Wish I had not missed this event. Looks like it was lots of fun...

Too bad the kids in NY just couldn't breathe right yesterday. :welcome:

Robin

Nice pictures...

#8 Penguin

Penguin

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

Now I'm even more disappointed that I missed this event. Hell, had I known it was going to go until 0200, I would have showed up late. Then again, after getting tossed from Highlawn, I never would have found you. Well, rest up and i can't wait until the February HH. Something tells me that I'm best not planning on driving back to Cherry Hill after the next HH??????????? :welcome:

#9 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

Can you believe I showed up w/o a camera??? ME??? At least Ray did ONE thing right!! :welcome: We had a nice time - sorry we left so early though - looks like we missed the good stuff!!!! I'll have to take a nap next time and hopefully Dan will feel better too!

There was lots of laughter and good diving talk - and it was nice to meet Heidi, Eric, Ellen and Fernando - Enjoyed chatting with Ray too! Even though he was in the dog house!

Hope to see ya'll soon!!
Known puker

#10 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

check, check, check... Nothing wrong with T Rex, you're looking at it from the wrong angle. Had a great time, hope to do it again soon...

#11 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

Great pics, Ray!!!
And nice job underdressing! I have to say I think we ended up having a better time watching "Bon Jovi" than we would have had at the Highlawn.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#12 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

At least the contest proved that I still know how to put a condom on. I'm just glad they weren't the lubricated kind. That would have been a bit slippery to handle. :welcome:
Yes, I did win "sex on the beach". Thanks to Moose for arranging the contest. But honestly, you gotta watch those "moose hugs." My back still hurts. :D

#13 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

At least the contest proved that I still know how to put a condom on. I'm just glad they weren't the lubricated kind. That would have been a bit slippery to handle. :welcome:
Yes, I did win "sex on the beach". Thanks to Moose for arranging the contest. But honestly, you gotta watch those "moose hugs." My back still hurts. :D

Glad you liked the contest. I had to sell a little piece of my soul to that Jon Bon Jovi wanna-be to make it happen! (I'm just pissed that Heidi got out of it!) :o

As for the "Moose Hugs," yeah, sorry about that. Bear's don't have nothing on a Moose Hug. Oh, you should see what they are like when I'm TRYING! :-D

For those of you in the NJ Area, don't forget Heidi is skating tonight at the Menen Arena in Morristown. Starts around 7pm. I'll be there and just like Sat, I'll buy the drinks!
Moose

#14 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:17 AM

Wow,

I missed an event with Pocohantas... I should have flown up. Instead I was in a diving class with 72 degree water, and 35 degree air!

UGGHHHHHH!

Looks like I missed a fun time.

#15 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

:cool1:

Wow,

I missed an event with Pocohantas... I should have flown up. Instead I was in a diving class with 72 degree water, and 35 degree air!

UGGHHHHHH!

Looks like I missed a fun time.

I went to our own, Heidi’s skating performance for the Special Olympics last night and had a blast!

However, having been there, I can say that Heidi grossly *under* states her part of the show.

She isn’t just a performer, she makes most of the costumes, she choreographs many of the routines, she works tirelessly coaching these special athletes, and makes this show happen with the help of some other volunteers. (I hope I’m not letting any secrets out of the bag, Heidi!) :)

Note, the program (as I understand it) that Heidi is a part of helps any child with a disability learn to skate for free. Just about everything is provided to them if they show up. This can only happen with the efforts of Heidi and her small band of volunteer skaters.

Besides, seeing her in the “baseball theme” costume last night was well worth it! (Pics are available for purchase in 8X10, wallet, or poster size!):D

Seeing these kids respond to her efforts, and realizing what they are overcoming to be on the ice and perform at a level I never could was a very humbling experience. Even as I write this email, Heidi is back at the venue, coaching and working with the athletes to help them improve.

After the show, we raided a local bar for another HH. While the bar’s kitchen was closed, I persuaded them to let me bring in pizzas for everyone.

Oh BTW, one of Heidi’s friends is interested in diving, we’ll see if we can get her on SD!
Moose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users