• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What do you notice first...?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#16 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, that's what all us guys say. Actually, according to Caetllonn, it's true in your case!

Yea, lot of good it does me. Guess I should stop fighting the trend....

#17 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

Yeah, that's what all us guys say. Actually, according to Caetllonn, it's true in your case!

Yea, lot of good it does me. Guess I should stop fighting the trend....

I'm not quite sure to what trend you're referring to, but Perrone, trust me -- you're (more than) fine the way you are. :respect: (And if I can convince Bill of this... :lmao:)

#18 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Holy Crap! If I'm ever pinned under a car or something I hope you are around!

:respect:

I'm a gentle giant....

That was meant as a compliment!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#19 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

Oh, well thank you very much.

#20 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

I'm not quite sure to what trend you're referring to, but Perrone, trust me -- you're (more than) fine the way you are. :respect: (And if I can convince Bill of this... :lmao:)

Hmmm... you've confused me (again) Caetllonn... are you trying to convince me that Perrone Ford is fine the way HE is, or I'm fine the way I am. No, it must be the former... no way you could be talking about the latter. Never mind.

#21 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

I admit it...I look at the legs and butt first :respect:

but I'm also partial to blue eyes!

#22 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I only notice their mind

but i like eyes, nice hair and the smile
jeff aka nice-diver

#23 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

I'm not quite sure to what trend you're referring to, but Perrone, trust me -- you're (more than) fine the way you are. :respect: (And if I can convince Bill of this... :blush2:)

Hmmm... you've confused me (again) Caetllonn... are you trying to convince me that Perrone Ford is fine the way HE is, or I'm fine the way I am. No, it must be the former... no way you could be talking about the latter. Never mind.

Bill, I've seen that body in a wetsuit. You're quite fine the way you are. :lmao:

#24 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

Broad shoulders, unless I'm looking directly at someone's face; then it would be the eyes. Eyes can tell you a lot.

#25 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:13 AM

Why, thank you Tina. You're a sweetie (but I already knew that).

Notice Caetllonn isn't touching my comment!

#26 Simon

Simon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:CCR Mod3 (100 meters mixed gas)
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:18 AM

For me I tend to look at propotrion, you know it doesn't matter if a woman is tall short slight or well built so long as they are proportionate.

A woman of 5 ft tall looks odd with big boobs but small ones look right. I hope that you understand what I mean. Personality goes a very long way but you can never initially be attracted to personality it has to be a physical attraction.

When I was a young guy a older friend said that he couldn't wait until he was 80 years old because all of the women would be attractive. He quantified this by stateing that when he was a young man only young women look attractive and as he went into his fourties women from young to fifties looked attractive. So when he is eighty all women would look attractive. It kind of makes sense now.

#27 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:53 AM

I admit it...I look at the legs and butt first :respect:

but I'm also partial to blue eyes!

Gotcha... Wetsuit and tinted contacts have just been added onto my list of things to take on our next dive trip... :P

Edited by shadragon, 07 February 2007 - 07:54 AM.

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#28 fala

fala

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:10 AM

I always notice a nice mid-section. When a woman wears a two-piece that shows off this area it's an instant head turner for me...

Hmmm...that rules me out. Too much male bonding (aka drinking lots of beer) in my line of work!

Actually it rules you in, specially with the great outfits you wear...

#29 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:44 AM

The first thing I usually notice is that a person is sucking on a death-stick. If they throw the fiberglass part of the deathstick onto the beach or in the water, I look very long and carefully at the person and make sure I can recognize and remember them, so if I ever seen them on the side of the road with a flat tire I can stop, tell them I could help them but I won't because they are a disgusting piece of crap.

It depends how the woman is dressed.

In southern southeast Florida, all I see are boobs. Hispanic women go to astonishing extremes to show off their boobs.

In southern southwest Florida, we notice what color tennis balls the women put on their walkers.

In northern southeast Florida, we notice how tight the rope factory has adjuster her hair, attempting to perform a cheap facelift.

In central southeast Florida, we notice that you can probably get a few ounces of gold from that woman after the cremation is complete (can't help thinking they are going to die soon of an infection from that crap shoved through their eyebrows, ears, lips, nose, neck, etc.)

In northern Illinois, when it is -5 C, we might see legs in jeans, but probably all we are going to see is face and hands. In northern Illinois in the summer, we notice the contrast between the bright purple veins in the legs and the paper-white skin (and that's why men do not wear shorts because we look worse when you add hair to the purple and white road-maps).

In Southern Illinois we noticed that women go to the grocery store with 20 to 30 pieces of grease-soaked white cloth tied in their hair (and after a few years we quit trying to figure out why).

In Southern Illinois we noticed that some women literally have to turn sideways to get through the doors at the grocery store. When I moved to the land of old people (Punta Gorda, Florida) I noticed that no one was fat there. Fat people do not live long enough to move to Punta Gorda. I also noticed that you can spot 'boat-people' very easily there. For two reasons. Anyone under 65 that wasn't me had to be a tourist or a boat-people. And people that live on boats look like footballs. I am serious. I met people in their late 30's that would walk around in shorts and every inch of their skin looked exactly like a football without laces. Yes, they look like footballs, right down to the seams. Go get a football, remove the laces, deflate it, and look at it. You want to look like that? So now I wear a big floppy wide-brimmed hat and lots and lots of SPF45. Women, you CAN look great when you are 70 if you stay out of the sun. Please, please, please, please where your sunblock every time you go out of the house.

At a construction site, probably we get to see butts and face, maybe arms. All I get to see of the mailperson is face and arms.

At a bar we notice whatever part the waitress thinks will bring the biggest tips. This might not be a physical part, it might be her voice, her perfume, her attention to the customer (especially if it her attention is disproportionately given to one table).

I am quite likely to remember women that are wearing something inappropriate; high heels to the beach, white pants and white blouse to a motocross race, pantyhose on an airplane ... because this means to me that either the woman can be spontaneous (no time to change) or she might be more concerned with her looks than being smart. Conversely, jeans and t-shirt at a fancy restaurant on a woman makes me think she is not overly concerned with her appearance and is confident in herself.

When there is an unexpected knock on the door from anyone I do not know, I immediately look to see if they are carrying religous material so I can close the door before they have time to say a word.

Along the lines of what has been said here already, I extra notice women in the scuba store, I notice the diver-down flag on the license plate or bumper sticker.

Oh carp, I am going to turn 50 this year (in Missouri I already am 50). So now what I mostly notice is if a woman looks like she is trying to take care of herself.

#30 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

In my younger days, I noticed a certain hang of the hip (no, I wasn't looking at the crotch, just something about the overall construction of the lower torso). I also noticed the eyes - having blue ones, I was always more attracted to guys with dark eyes.

I still notice the eyes, but now am most drawn to someone that has an undefinable sweetness about him. One just doesn't run into that very often.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users