• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

While not a dating site...someone we know and love is dating another SD member!

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#16 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hmmm....title of post is "While not a dating site...someone we know and love is dating someone else!"

Doesn't dating by definition involve someone else? I always thought that being involved and intimate with one's self was called something completely different than "dating"....
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#17 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

(I can run faster scared than she can mad...)
Posted Image

Don't count on it... Posted Image

#18 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:32 AM

(I can run faster scared than she can mad...)
Posted Image

Don't count on it... Posted Image

Well, if you are in your 4" boots I can at least get a head start... :thankyou:

Ah cmt489... Your kindness and generosity are only exceeded by your wit and intellect... :P

:o
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#19 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

I always thought that being involved and intimate with one's self was called something completely different than "dating"....

Finally, a subject that I'm an expert on!

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't had lots of sex, just now I want to try it with a partner! :ph34r:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#20 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

Wait a minute. The post is kind of confusing. "I'll be your's" implies they are getting married. But tben you said they just starting dating. I think Ray and Cheri are dating so I'll go back to my original guess but I don't think either one is a mod.

Neither of us are mods and while Cherie and I are best friends and dive buddies she "doesn't date older men". That's our story and we're sticking to it :teeth:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#21 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

I always thought that being involved and intimate with one's self was called something completely different than "dating"....

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't had lots of sex, just now I want to try it with a partner! :ph34r:

Well, at least you can say that you are capable of engaging in a long-term relationship :teeth: !

#22 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

Finally, a subject that I'm an expert on!

And remember cuddling afterwards is popular... Just don't forget to call yourself the next day... Sending yourself some flowers would be nice too...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

I did a bit of detective work on this. Hey, there is $100 to be had...!

Not knowing who the list of candidates were I first had to find the Mods and eliminate them one by one.

So:

- cmt489 - She has been awful quiet lately, but I decided to eliminate her from the list due to drBill being the closest compatible hunk and he says he is not taken...

- Desert_Diver - Even more quiet. Those IT guys are sneaky, but with no posts to the contrary it is hard to see a match...

- Diverbrian - Says he is "spoken for yet buddyless" so that pretty much cancels him out...

- finGrabber - The "SD Travel Manager". She IS in the Admin group and not a mod, but I have a gut feeling she is still available. So we can strike her off the list...

- WreckWench - Seemingly already taken I thought she might be trying to pull a fast one. Now on another thread I found this:

Interesting concept.....WW and I will talk this weekend and come up with some sort of plan. Any suggestions are certainly welcome!!!

Talking on the weekend, hmmm... I wonder if OTWDiver knows about this...? Anyhoo, while there is nothing wrong with this, it is certainly an unlikely match...

So the list of candidates from here gets small indeed.

- Dive_Girl - Off to Palau with Capn Jack and friends. I think she did that just to throw us off the scent. They announce the contest just as she leaves on a dive trip to Palau (How convenient). She did mention having dinner with someone else on the board in another post so after a thorough process of elimination I choose Dive_Girl and 6Gill...

Logically, it has to be them. If it isn't then this is truly a dark conspiracy to keep the truth from us...

#24 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:<24

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

- WreckWench - Seemingly already taken I thought she might be trying to pull a fast one. Now on another thread I found this:

Interesting concept.....WW and I will talk this weekend and come up with some sort of plan. Any suggestions are certainly welcome!!!

Talking on the weekend, hmmm... I wonder if OTWDiver knows about this...? Anyhoo, while there is nothing wrong with this, it is certainly an unlikely match...

LOL! While it is a lovely concept that WW and I would be a couple, she is spoken for from what I am gathering. Not that WW is not a beautiful woman, but honestly I tend to prefer that of the opposite gender.
"A man is as good as he has to be, and a woman as bad as she dares."

#25 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

- cmt489 - She has been awful quiet lately, but I decided to eliminate her from the list due to drBill being the closest compatible hunk and he says he is not taken...

Besides, DrBill prefers brunettes!

. . . so after a thorough process of elimination I choose Dive_Girl and 6Gill...

Logically, it has to be them. If it isn't then this is truly a dark conspiracy to keep the truth from us...

And sorry, still no winner... :teeth:

#26 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Well, at least you can say that you are capable of engaging in a long-term relationship :teeth: !

Monogamous as well! Besides, if your husband looked like me, you know he wouldn’t be getting hit on by women! :wakawaka:
Moose

#27 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

His loss... :teeth:

And sorry, still no winner...

DOH...

#28 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

Monogamous as well! Besides, if your husband looked like me, you know he wouldn’t be getting hit on by women! :teeth:

Another benefit I hadn't thought off in the dating-one's-self scenario. I just hope you always know what you want (a common complaint about women by men). Also, there are just some things that one just can't quite do for one's self, unless one is quite the acrobat.

And, hey, you look fine in all the pics I've seen (with a happy hour glow on your face in some of the pics).

Edited by mantarraya, 02 March 2007 - 03:41 PM.

#29 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

Another benefit I hadn't thought off in the dating-one's-self scenario. I just hope you always know what you want (a common complaint about women by men). Also, there are just some things that one just can't quite do for one's self, unless one is quite the acrobat.

I don't complain that women don't know what they want. My biggest complaint with women is...

They just don't like me! :wakawaka:

Oh, yeah, and restaining orders! :teeth:
Moose

#30 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

Yep, they're almost an extinct species down here in SoCal. I may have to adapt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users